Software Update Feedback- Orange is too Intense.

Well, other people seem to have the blue-green area covered.

How about a purple? Pretty light because I'm aware it can't be too saturated for the text to be legible, it may even need to be lighter.

#dbb2da

How about more a leafy, grassy green than a blue/green?

#d0f395

And for those who want a warmer colour but not so pumpkin-y? How about a soft, buttery yellow?

#fcf193

Well, other people seem to have the blue-green area covered.

How about a purple? Pretty light because I'm aware it can't be too saturated for the text to be legible, it may even need to be lighter.

#dbb2da

How about more a leafy, grassy green than a blue/green?

#d0f395

And for those who want a warmer colour but not so pumpkin-y? How about a soft, buttery yellow?

#fcf193

I love grassy green. Probably my favorite color. It has my vote.

Ref:

Colour in the post example pictures seems to be
HEX #f2930d (current color example) and HEX #f9c479
(previous color example).

I especially like your last choice View attachment 456017
I think this is too intense / saturated for large color blocks. I think it would be difficult to read the small print on some of the forum headings.

What I am noting is that whatever color we are seeing in the orange, it is more difficult to read the black print of the conversation panels, and the fine blue print is very much more difficult. The key issue is readability.

I find most graphic design color sets used on panels with text are much less saturated, and often a light green, blue, or even yellow are used so the print discrete and crisp.

I think this is too intense / saturated for large color blocks. I think it would be difficult to read the small print on some of the forum headings.

What I am noting is that whatever color we are seeing in the orange, it is more difficult to read the black print of the conversation panels, and the fine blue print is very much more difficult. The key issue is readability.

I find most graphic design color sets used on panels with text are much less saturated, and often a light green, blue, or even yellow are used so the print discrete and crisp.
It's like that thing for choosing colour for your bedroom walls, before interior design decided to paint everything everywhere the same six shades of white. Pick the colour card you love the best, then go two shades lighter, minimum, and that's the one you buy.

The three I put the codes for above, I found a shade I liked on the site WSAdmin linked to, made it lighter, thought I had it perfect, then dialed it down about another twenty or thirty degrees on the saturation wheel, because I KNOW THIS, from back in the age of dinosaurs designing my own website on Angelfire and making custom themes on Livejournal, the answer is ALWAYS that the background needs to be lighter than you think for the font to be legible, and for goodness sake, don't make sparkles follow the cursor.

With a cooler color, the blue print used in the small case labels ( Missing, Found Deceased, et) is going to be near impossible to read from a large column, like the open display of the listing of the Forums, and the block color will have to be very pale. One also has to stay away from red text on a blue background, as red and blue do not give a smooth sharp line in text in graphic design, but tend to "reverberate" against each other and irritate the eye.

It's like that thing for choosing colour for your bedroom walls, before interior design decided to paint everything everywhere the same six shades of white. Pick the colour card you love the best, then go two shades lighter, minimum, and that's the one you buy.

The three I put the codes for above, I found a shade I liked on the site WSAdmin linked to, made it lighter, thought I had it perfect, then dialed it down about another twenty or thirty degrees on the saturation wheel, because I KNOW THIS, from back in the age of dinosaurs designing my own website on Angelfire and making custom themes on Livejournal, the answer is ALWAYS that the background needs to be lighter than you think for the font to be legible, and for goodness sake, don't make sparkles follow the cursor.
Exactly !

Case is point is the easily readable pale yellow-manilla color of the emoji line in the current setup.

With a cooler color, the blue print used in the small case labels ( Missing, Found Deceased, et) is going to be near impossible to read from a large column, like the open display of the listing of the Forums, and the block color will have to be very pale. One also has to stay away from red text on a blue background, as red and blue do not give a smooth sharp line in text in graphic design, but tend to "reverberate" against each other and irritate the eye.
Avoiding blue and green on top of each other is probably good policy for accessibility for users who are colourblind, too, since it's one of the most common kinds of colourblindness.

I am just wading in on page 3 of this thread but I hope you are talking about specific other colors because there is actually going to be a change. This orange is too much. And my house decor is heavily accented with tasteful orange shades everywhere!!! Ack, agree this new orange is an assault on the eyes.

I am just wading in on page 3 of this thread but I hope you are talking about specific other colors because there is actually going to be a change. This orange is too much. And my house decor is heavily accented with tasteful orange shades everywhere!!! Ack, agree this new orange is an assault on the eyes.
Yep, go back a page and find a post by WSAdmin with a link to a colour choosing website! Pick a colour you love and share the code, and feel free to weigh in on the colours we've been suggesting! Just remember it has to be light enough that we can read the font clearly against it.

You joined about the same time that I did. Do you recall what color we had back then?? I cannot, (seems like it may have been a medium blue perhaps), but I do remember that when it went to the color that we had until this accident, I did not prefer it to what we had before. It seemed to be a step back in style to me, and it took me a long time to get used to it. I finally did, and am fine with it now, but would not be opposed to changing the color, as long as it is not anything like this.

Yep, go back a page and find a post by WSAdmin with a link to a colour choosing website! Pick a colour you love and share the code, and feel free to weigh in on the colours we've been suggesting! Just remember it has to be light enough that we can read the font clearly against it.
Oh, thank you!! But... I'm not decisive enough and trust you all to pick something good for our peepers! This is a nice sorta mindless thing to do today though, in the midst of everything else going on in our world. :( I may wander back in for some color zen.

You joined about the same time that I did. Do you recall what color we had back then?? I cannot, (seems like it may have been a medium blue perhaps), but I do remember that when it went to the color that we had until this accident, I did not prefer it to what we had before. It seemed to be a step back in style to me, and it took me a long time to get used to it. I finally did, and am fine with it now, but would not be opposed to changing the color, as long as it is not anything like this.
I can't recall either and would only be taking a hopeful guess. I also remember when it changed, and do recall that it did take some getting used to. Which I imagine would happen this time too. But heck yeah, why not try for a change if we can?!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catheonlineghost
Back