Somer Thompson story on “20/20” Friday, April 16 at 10:00pm/et

So he does have a son?! I swear I heard him say on the show, that he pays so much attention to all the kids, because he wasn't able to have any???

Maybe Richard is the kid's uncle. They are definitely related because the kid has a picture of Richard in his Myspace album labeled "family". The kid's mom is a pacific islander and he looks like it, but I swear he looks like Richard too. Also, I found an ABC article about the 20/20 show and it gives the quote. He says "if I can't have kids, then I'll have somebody else's to play with, you know? I've got lots of kids that pass by". I guess you could read that as him not having his kids live with him (I know the Myspace kid has a brother) but maybe Richard is the uncle.

I wonder if JH's mother has receipts of that day for gas, etc? I wonder if anyone saw them moving?

I wonder if JH's mother has receipts of that day for gas, etc? I wonder if anyone saw them moving?

I would be willing to bet she has NOTHING to prove she was in Orange Park that day. :snooty:

I would be willing to bet she has NOTHING to prove she was in Orange Park that day. :snooty:

If that is true, that she has nothing to prove it, doesn't that show that LE was not doing their job? After all, LE knew that JH was a possible child *advertiser censored* guy from Rod B's info.

So shouldn't LE have looked deeper than just to take Mom's word for it?

I know that the child *advertiser censored* had not been proven, but so what? LE is looking for anything hinky, so I would think they would check it out.

And if LE interviewed the neighbors, wouldn't they mention JH smoking and washing his car as the kids went by?

If that is true, that she has nothing to prove it, doesn't that show that LE was not doing their job? After all, LE knew that JH was a possible child *advertiser censored* guy from Rod B's info.

So shouldn't LE have looked deeper than just to take Mom's word for it?

I know that the child *advertiser censored* had not been proven, but so what? LE is looking for anything hinky, so I would think they would check it out.

And if LE interviewed the neighbors, wouldn't they mention JH smoking and washing his car as the kids went by?

I'm trying hard to follow you here.
From what I understand, the Mother is saying NOW she is his alibi correct?
I'm sure LE is checking that out.
If she can't prove it, why would that mean Le was not doing their job?
I don't get it.
I don't think they ever took Mom's word for it.

Unless I'm missing something.

ETA: Noway pointed this article out to me this afternoon in another thread, and now I see what you are saying.
It seems LE did take their word for it in October. But, from what I read, they searched the house and found nothing out of the ordinary. So, at the time, they had no reason not to take their word for it. Nothing suspicious, mother vouching for him. IDK, I still think LE did a good job, and I think they thought the other guy did it, so JH was not really on their radar as much as the weird guy with the puppy. JMO

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...-tells-cops-he-was-gano-avenue-home-day-somer

Snipped:

The records show detectives first interviewed Harrell on Oct. 30 in Somer’s case. He allowed them to search the home and property, but they spotted nothing suspicious.

Rod B went to LE at the command site-was it October 21? and told them about JH and the *advertiser censored* on the computer and the JH car in the driveway.

So LE says, "We'll accept the alibi of the mother without any proof because she says so."

Mother's never lie especially about their children. I guess LE knows this from past experience. (sarcasm here)

Either they checked up on her receipts and alibi or they took her word for it.

She also has a criminal record right there in Florida for stealing thousands of dollars from an employer.

If they chose to believe this woman with no proof, I for one, am disgusted beyond belief.

JH was not on their radar screen, as I said from the beginning. So, he could have merrily gone on his way to molest or kill other children. Oh well.

Also, they searched the house another time, I believe and didn't find anything. I wonder why they found something in the last search?

Rod B went to LE at the command site-was it October 21? and told them about JH and the *advertiser censored* on the computer and the JH car in the driveway.

So LE says, "We'll accept the alibi of the mother without any proof because she says so."

Mother's never lie especially about their children. I guess LE knows this from past experience. (sarcasm here)

Either they checked up on her receipts and alibi or they took her word for it.

She also has a criminal record right there in Florida for stealing thousands of dollars from an employer.

If they chose to believe this woman with no proof, I for one, am disgusted beyond belief.

But, don't forget, they searched his house, found nothing suspicous. Also, the investigation on JH's computer was not even completed yet. The people who told LE about JH's car in the driveway were related to the people who turned the computer in. Those people had to be looked at too from what I understand. To make sure they were not setting JH up.

So, what did they have on JH? Accusations of child *advertiser censored*? Just accustaions, no proof yet. IMO they did what they could, they searched the house, questioned him...and kept investigating. Then Corpus comes into the mix. And, they thought they had their guy.

I'm not saying LE led a 100% mistake free investigation, just that I don't think they botched it either.

I'm sure the last search was more involved. IMO
They had more evidence on him then.

I don't think they did extremly detailed searches on all houses they searched early on.

But, then comes new evidence and a new search.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat
Back