Spain Spain - Ana Knezevich, 40, from Florida, going through divorce, missing under suspicious circumstances on trip to Madrid, 5 Feb 2024 *Arrest*

Apparently spray paint and a helmet weren't enough to disguise him. His tattoo gave him up (Google translated):

In the recordings in which someone is seen spraying the intercom cameras at Ana María Knezevich's home with spray, they have been able to identify a tattoo on a wrist that corresponds to the same one that David Knezevich has. And, those same cameras, which were not completely blinded, recorded him leaving the block with a suitcase on the day of his wife's disappearance.

Apparently spray paint and a helmet weren't enough to disguise him. His tattoo gave him up (Google translated):

In the recordings in which someone is seen spraying the intercom cameras at Ana María Knezevich's home with spray, they have been able to identify a tattoo on a wrist that corresponds to the same one that David Knezevich has. And, those same cameras, which were not completely blinded, recorded him leaving the block with a suitcase on the day of his wife's disappearance.

HA! That just made my day. Score one for the good guys.

Trying to find the way to send a message to him (I was attending an all-day event so was busy today). I am in his FB group but there is nothing akin to PM in a group. YouTube? No idea how to send a PM. He may have IG. I thought he was here, too. All I remember; it was at the time when he and KW were advertising lots of things, 23@me, some other things, in connection to Delphi murders, and this subscription, too. I think, very end of 2018 but likely, 2019.

Maybe this? Earth Online

doofus forgot about his tattoo? :rolleyes:
add it to the list of stupid things he did
:D

DK will be in federal court today for his bond hearing. I can't imagine he would get bond, even if he can afford it. He has just lived abroad, and can easily leave the U.S.

I do wonder if his attorney will make any statements to the media after the court hearing when they corner him in the hallways or outside. I also wonder if DK will get a new attorney who has federal court experience with international cases.

Info for DK in the United States District Court/Southern District of Florida (court is in Miami), Registration # 13390-511, age 36, white male.

LOCAL NEWS

Husband charged in wife's disappearance in Spain is due in Miami federal court​

By Morgan Rynor
Updated on: May 10, 2024 / 5:59 AM EDT / CBS News Miami

MIAMI - The husband of a South Florida woman who went missing in Spain is due in Miami federal court on Friday.
A judge will determine if Knezevich will be released or remain in custody. The lead attorney for his estranged wife's family says he is a flight risk.

NewsNation has a reporter at the Miami Courthouse for the bond appearance by DK today and he says that the hearing will take place just after noon today. So there should be an update available just after the court hearing by News Nation who are closely following this case.

Also, the co-counsel for Ana's family says that she and family members will be in court today, as well.

Knezevich Henao’s family prepares for court

The co-counsel for Knezevich Henao’s family told NewsNation’s Chris Cuomo that they will be present during Friday’s hearing and present their position to the court if they are allowed to do so.

“He is a flight risk … he should not be bonded out,” Courtney Caprio, the lawyer for Knezevich Henao’s family, said.

The FBI said in part, “The Spanish National Police, Customs and Border Protection, the Diplomatic Security Service and the FBI continue their investigation.”

It’s important especially since Knezevich Henao still hasn’t been found. However, police did tell the woman’s family that it’s unlikely she’s still alive.

Article by Lorena Inclan, from NBC 6 South Florida Miami that today bond was denied for the suspect. “No bond for husband accused of kidnapping wife who vanished in Spain”:

So DK has a new lawyer, his former lawyer has withdrawn from the case. The judge says this is a circumstantial case, and that the denial of bond for DK is appealable. No word if the defense will appeal, as the new attorney left without comment after the hearing.

Was a date set for the next hearing? Still catching up on the day's news.

Last edited:
Article by Lorena Inclan, from NBC 6 South Florida Miami that today bond was denied for the suspect. “No bond for husband accused of kidnapping wife who vanished in Spain”:

From this news link:

In court Friday, it was revealed that blood was found by a Spanish forensic team inside the Madrid apartment, but that detail wasn't included in the FBI's criminal complaint because they're still waiting on DNA results from the blood.

Defense attorneys seized on that, attempting to create doubt that Ana Maria is even in danger and speculating that she may be with someone she's dating.

The judge pointed out that while the government's case is purely circumstantial, the evidence is significant, though he did call the case "defensible."

The couple, the {FBI} agent testified, agreed to an open relationship to fix their marriage. She was dating men in Madrid, he had a girlfriend in Colombia. The agent testified that Ana Maria Knezevich felt threatened, even suicidal over the struggles with David.

In court Friday, Jayne Weintraub, David Knezevich’s attorney, arguing on behalf of her client, made a comment to the judge that led to a gasp in the gallery.

“For all we know she is doing this because she is psychotic,” Weintraub said, referring to Ana Knezevich, saying it is documented that she “suffered from mental health issues for years.”

Weintraub said in court that the case is “defensible.”

EBM - added information in brackets

Last edited:

Today's hearing lasted two hours.

{Judge} Torres' decision came after a contentious two-hour hearing during which federal prosecutor Lacee Monk and defense attorney Jayne Weintraub sparred over just how strong the government's case is against Knezevich and whether the U.S. has jurisdiction to try an alleged crime that happened in Europe.

Defense also asking why, after three months, Spanish authorities have still not determined the identity of blood found in AK's apartment.

When Montilla said unidentified blood was found in Ana's apartment and is being tested, Weintraub asked why that would take three months.

EBM - info in brackets added by me

Last edited:
Magistrate Judge Edwin Torres said the decision to hold David Knezevich until trial was “a close call,” but he said the Fort Lauderdale business owner's wealth and close ties to his native Serbia make him a potential flight risk even if he was required to post a $1 million bond, wear an ankle bracelet and surrender his passport. Knezevich and his wife are both naturalized U.S. citizens — she is from Colombia.

Finally stated in MSM that AK and DK are both naturalized U.S. citizens. It was never clear to me if DK was also a naturalized citizen.

Federal magistrate Edwin G. Torres called it a difficult decision in a case that was based on circumstantial evidence and in which no body has been found. Making it tougher, he said, was defense attorney Jayne Weintraub’s argument that keeping David Knezevich locked up on a kidnapping charge was dubious because prosecutors didn’t know where, or were even certain that a kidnapping occurred. The judge said his decision to keep Knezevich behind bars was based on “given the means he has to flee and given the seriousness of the charge.”

DK's new attorney. This will be costly.

ETA She looks familiar. I think I've seen her on tv, but I don't remember what case. It was a long time ago.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim
Back