Spain Spain - Ana Knezevich, 40, from Florida, going through divorce, missing under suspicious circumstances on trip to Madrid, 5 Feb 2024 *Arrest*

So glad he's in custody. Thought he was slick..I pray she can be found but doesn't sound like they have a search area. I didn't read anything in the documents about tracking his phone/pings.

But seriously.. Contacting insurance companies a month after she disappears is a huge red flag. Nobody hears from her and she emerges from silence to cancel insurance policies instead of contacting her family and loved ones. Riiigggghht.

Justice for Ana.

MOO

Yes, same. Quite a sprawling investigation, it sounds like, too: LE in Spain, the US, Colombia and the Belgrade Interior Attache Office. I found that part interesting.

Also wondering what impelled him to go back?

a 'business dealing' according to this article

When he returned to South Florida for a business dealing, he was met at the airport by the FBI.

I am shocked that he followed her there.

Brazen.

I am shocked that he is such an idiot, sorry. But glad, too, that he is obviously greedy.

Also, glad that his Colombian GF and her mother had the guts and the courage to make the report. Smart women!

So sad, he did it all for the money, because he didn’t want to give Ana her part, and now all will be spent on a lawyer. ((

I am positive that Ana is not alive. Where she is, may not matter, although her family needs a closure.

My condolences to her family.

(Fr@@@ing macho Dusan! So angry. Typical user. I don’t know whether he should be extradited. Florida prisons could use better websites).

he looked straight at the camera
he involved other non-criminal type people
he bought spray paint and duct tape not in disguise
he consistently under estimated the intelligence of others (the police, the witnesses, her friends and family!)
just a few things that reveal his stupidity ...

Ana's brother KNEW there was something wrong with those text messages! He KNEW his sister did not send them!

Here's another MSM article that includes the criminal complaint at the end of the article. Also, the article itself has a good summary of the evidence that LE presented in the federal complaint.

Near the top of the article it says that he was arrested for kidnapping.

I assumed that he was arrested and would be extradited, but this article says that he will have a bond hearing on Wednesday of this week, and that his arraignment will be held on May 20. So I assume that he is facing charges in the U.S. and this is not in relation to extradition to Spain (although that could be forthcoming later). But if the kidnapping happened in Spain, why is he facing charges here and having a bond hearing here and an arraignment here? I would have thought that he would be facing an extradition charge to Spain in relation to a kidnapping charge.

I suppose it will become more clear as the week continues, certainly at his bond hearing on Wednesday.
^^^
It's too late to edit this post, but most of the articles I am reading tonight say that DK's bond hearing will be on Friday (not Wednesday as was reported earlier and I posted above). So Friday, May 10th is the bond hearing, and May 20 is the arraignment in federal court.

Here's another MSM article that includes the criminal complaint at the end of the article. Also, the article itself has a good summary of the evidence that LE presented in the federal complaint.

From that same article: 'In their WhatsApp chat, the woman tells him, in Spanish, “you know I don’t speak English...I would have to rely on the translator,” prosecutors allege.'

So much for him not speaking a word of Spanish. Quelle surprise. Poor Mr. Padowitz has been misled, it seems...

From that same article: 'In their WhatsApp chat, the woman tells him, in Spanish, “you know I don’t speak English...I would have to rely on the translator,” prosecutors allege.'

So much for him not speaking a word of Spanish. Quelle surprise. Poor Mr. Padowitz has been misled, it seems...

And, he definitely knows places to stay and park in Spain, too ;) even to change the plates.
Where did he do it, btw? One wishes that him stealing/replacing plates would get on camera. Did he stay in a hotel with a garage?

And, he definitely knows places to stay and park in Spain, too ;) even to change the plates.
Where did he do it, btw? One wishes that him stealing/replacing plates would get on camera. Did he stay in a hotel with a garage?
I don't know but it beggars belief that anyone would go to the trouble of changing plates (which were reported stolen anyway so fat lot of good that did) while buying spray paint in person. The very notion that someone could get away with this based on some flimsy "special connection" with an inexistent man would be laughable if it weren't so tragic.

From the jump it seemed like the only real option was to drive into Spain. Is it not obvious that would leave a trace? Is it not obvious that a rental's kms would be noted? Or that if you meet a girl online with the goal of her being central to a criminal ploy, you probably shouldn't use your real name? On and on it goes.

In terms of being extradited to Spain and any possible sentence, the maximum would likely be 25-35 years in what is called prisión permanente revisable (revisable permanent imprisonment). But being eligible for parole doesn't guarantee that you get it, if it's deemed that you're still posing a risk, you stay inside. I can affirm this first-hand as my own cousin was murdered by one of Spain's most notorious serial killers.

I don't know but it beggars belief that anyone would go to the trouble of changing plates (which were reported stolen anyway so fat lot of good that did) while buying spray paint in person. The very notion that someone could get away with this based on some flimsy "special connection" with an inexistent man would be laughable if it weren't so tragic.

From the jump it seemed like the only real option was to drive into Spain. Is it not obvious that would leave a trace? Is it not obvious that a rental's kms would be noted? Or that if you meet a girl online with the goal of her being central to a criminal ploy, you probably shouldn't use your real name? On and on it goes.

In terms of being extradited to Spain and any possible sentence, the maximum would likely be 25-35 years in what is called prisión permanente revisable (revisable permanent imprisonment). But being eligible for parole doesn't guarantee that you get it, if it's deemed that you're still posing a risk, you stay inside. I can affirm this first-hand as my own cousin was murdered by one of Spain's most notorious serial killers.

Horribly sorry for your cousin, you, and his poor family. May your cousin RIP. I hope the murderer will never be let out.

I don’t know whether managing to commit crimes in four countries makes it worse. I hope it does. In US, an attempt to open a bogus account using someone’s SSI number is likely a federal crime. International cyberstalking is probably worse than domestic one. Columbia is on a different continent, but if you manipulate an innocent Columbian citizen into unknowingly covering up your murder, it is probably no bueno, either. That poor woman is now living with the feeling that she unknowingly helped a murderer. What he did in Serbia is minimal, but Serbia does want a more lax visa agreement with the EU, and Serbian men traveling to EU to murder their wives is not welcomed there, either.

There are absolutely no mitigating circumstances. They had no kids, and what was he fighting for, 75/25 instead of 50/50? Now all 100% goes to his lawyer, unless there is a way to protect Ana’s part? He probably married to get a green card, and he was so greedy that he’d rather kill his wife of 13 years than let her get more than he planned in the divorce settlement.

On top of everything, I’d really like to find out his height, I suspect he is pretty tall and stands out. How do you think they found out that the camera vandalizer was built like Mr. Knezevich? I bet he is a head taller than average person in Madrid. More reason not to commit crime when you stand out. Ana was tiny, poor woman, she had no chance against him.

I think we all suspected DK from the beginning, there was a clear motive. Too be honest with how sloppy he has been in committing this murder I'm surprised it's taken this long to arrest him!

I think we all suspected DK from the beginning, there was a clear motive. Too be honest with how sloppy he has been in committing this murder I'm surprised it's taken this long to arrest him!
If he stayed in Serbia, I'm not convinced this would have happened at all. If it's true that the reason for returning to the US was a business deal, then that's astonishingly short-sighted. But perhaps symbolic for this entire sad affair.

For some reason I overlooked the fact that DK is being charged in federal court. I've been trying to do a little research on how federal court in the U.S. can prosecute a crime that took place in another country. So far (with, admittedly, little time to do the research), it appears that this might fall under federal law that recognizes extraterritorial jurisdiction in some cases, and possibly the murder of a U.S. citizen abroad. If that is the case, then I assume that DK will be prosecuted for kidnapping in U.S. federal court, and then possibly extradited to Spain if he faces additional charges in Spain. I am just speculating, IANAL.

Been following this case from day 1 I’m so glad that he is being charged.

We all suspected him from day one.. I gave him too much credit though I thought he’d have hired somebody to commit the actual murder rather than do it himself.

Great job by Spanish law enforcement.. I’m guessing this has been a frustrating waiting game for them since very early on in the case.. waiting for him to travel to a country where he could be arrested.

My thoughts go out to Anas family as the news about him leaving with a suitcase pretty much confirms the beautiful Ana will not be found alive.. I just hope they can somehow find her body it’ll be a difficult job due to the distance he travelled she could literally be pretty much anywhere in Europe

Been following this case from day 1 I’m so glad that he is being charged.

We all suspected him from day one.. I gave him too much credit though I thought he’d have hired somebody to commit the actual murder rather than do it himself.

Great job by Spanish law enforcement.. I’m guessing this has been a frustrating waiting game for them since very early on in the case.. waiting for him to travel to a country where he could be arrested.

My thoughts go out to Anas family as the news about him leaving with a suitcase pretty much confirms the beautiful Ana will not be found alive.. I just hope they can somehow find her body it’ll be a difficult job due to the distance he travelled she could literally be pretty much anywhere in Europe
Absolutely, @MollyHarps. I was wondering about his route back to Serbia. Obviously, the longer you keep a body in your car, the higher the risk. And even if travel across borders in and out of Spain by car is really lax in my experience, that's still a big risk. It's horrible to say but I would assume that he minimised his risk and that suitcase ended up somewhere in Spain. We know LE here was on top of which vehicle he was in (despite his best efforts) so hopefully they tracked it along the national routes to give them a good idea of a search area. Spain is a pretty big country in European terms, although its only some 40 million. There's a lot of open space, a lot national parks, remote terrain. Hopefully, given how stupid it seems he's been in other facets, he won't have done anything remarkable with that suitcase.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000
Back