Specifically, why is Casey no longer acknowledging her parents in the courtroom?

I now think the reason is that they have all been coached...they have been told how to act and react cause the whole world is watching....and she won't meet with them via the jail thing because JB won't allow it because he is afraid she will lose it and say something or they will...it is all a stage and they are acting .....KC could care less though cause she cares for no one but herself.

There is no benefit to Casey in having the remains cremated.
Yes there is! The benefit for Casey is that Caylee's remains can never again be retested for anything!

How would that benefit Casey?

If the remains are destroyed, and if in ten years some newfangled test for (insert what you like, chloroform, xanax, etc.) is discovered that could prove Caylee died from an overdose, then it could benefit Casey (assuming she is the murderer) that Caylee's body is essentially destroyed and unable to be tested further.

If the remains are destroyed, and if in ten years some newfangled test for (insert what you like, chloroform, xanax, etc.) is discovered that could prove Caylee died from an overdose, then it could benefit Casey that Caylee's body is essentially destroyed and unable to be tested further.

If Casey is convicted this go round, further testing of the remains would be meaningless, she can't be found guilty twice. If Casey isn't convicted, further testing would also be meaningless due to double jeopardy.

The only purpose, at this point, in preserving the remains would be to prove that SODDI.

Wow, this is right on the money. I'm not joking here, it reminds me of Meerkat Manor. The mother queen who doesn't allow any of her daughters to mate and when they do, they take over the children as their own (or kill them but we're not really talking meerkats here. And Casey was never tossed out of the clan to make it alone in a harsh African savannah.)

Okay, I'm going too far but Cindy shows this flirty sexualization in such completely inappropriate situations. I never thought of it as marking territory until you wrote this.
And don't forget Hoover the PI sating how she was "flirting with the other Pi Domenic" so much so that he was uncomfortable.
Also the picture with her and George and CA with her hand on Lee's knee!
just plain wierd!

If Casey is convicted this go round, further testing of the remains would be meaningless, she can't be found guilty twice. If Casey isn't convicted, further testing would also be meaningless due to double jeopardy.

The only purpose, at this point, in preserving the remains would be to prove that SODDI.
This is true Chilly. Unless, of course, they wanted to prevent any further testing prior to going to trial. I doubt that. I think the prosecution has all the evidence they will ever need or find useful from Caylee's remains.

Even though I was loopy from medical test yesterday I was able to watch a bit of the courtroom antics displayed yesterday. I think my altered state caught CA( she looks like a "Channel Lady" these days compared to her look in the beginning of the case) stretching her neck forward with a "Please look at me KC" half smile that seemed so tortured and CA got nothing back. If the parents were going to be thrown under the bus at trial why would they be there? Maybe everyones right about them communicating with each other their stragies. If I was CA I would have broke out crying at the mention of the car their grandaughter Caylee Marie Anthony may have laid dead in. It must be torture for all involved to have to watch their everymove & gesture. Even if all the A family members feelings are discounted in the search for truth.

(Bolded by me)

OMG I noticed the neck stretching too while watching the hearing. I thought if she stretched anymore she would fall over onto GA. She was trying so hard to get JB or KC's attention that she was disappointed and crushed that no one acknowledged her. JB had to force KC to acknowledge CA and GA the last hearing because she didn't want to. KC is so done with that family because they can no longer do anything for her and she is stuck and screwed. I think she also has resentment towards them about Caylee's remains and what was done with them.

Even if you have a nightmare upbringing, even if your genes are all lined up just waiting for the right trigger for a disorder, unless you are a vegetable you still have the option and the responsibility to seek help and treatment and not behave in ways that harm others and hopefully your self.

In most cases, families also seek help before the person is an adult and at least urge they seek treatment when they are an adult, unless they're in complete denial that there is anything wrong with their perfect child. Ring any bells?

My gosh, there are many, many people who had horrible childhoods, who have crippling disorders and who never harm anyone. And who do strive mightily to get help.

Yup- ITA! There is NO excuse for murder, none! If you choose to take a life you need to be removed from society.

Yup- ITA! There is NO excuse for murder, none! If you choose to take a life you need to be removed from society.

Quickly. I'd have all sexual perps who abduct, molest or, murder children removed from life in 3-5 years, never mind society. Send them on a one-way trip.

I think it is simple ... she wants to hurt them ... punish them ... and shutting them out of her life is her only weapon, now that Caylee is gone!

Wow, this is right on the money. I'm not joking here, it reminds me of Meerkat Manor. The mother queen who doesn't allow any of her daughters to mate and when they do, they take over the children as their own (or kill them but we're not really talking meerkats here. And Casey was never tossed out of the clan to make it alone in a harsh African savannah.)

Okay, I'm going too far but Cindy shows this flirty sexualization in such completely inappropriate situations. I never thought of it as marking territory until you wrote this.

It's what they do! Go back now that you recognize this behavior in her and you'll find you will see it *and other "like" behaviors often. It's these kinds of behaviors that leave me with no doubts about Cindy. She (like her daughter) really is quite transparent.

I don't think I have met anyone with a personality disorder who wasn't overly jealous/afraid of rejection. Some, when they get jealous go as far as to make up stories to tell the children about the husband that are untrue.. Then tell the husband a story about the children that is untrue. Just to cause problems between the kids and the father.

Quickly. I'd have all sexual perps who abduct, molest or, murder children removed from life in 3-5 years, never mind society. Send them on a one-way trip.

Amen!

It's what they do! Go back now that you recognize this behavior in her and you'll find you will see it *and other "like" behaviors often. It's these kinds of behaviors that leave me with no doubts about Cindy. She (like her daughter) really is quite transparent.

I don't think I have met anyone with a personality disorder who wasn't overly jealous/afraid of rejection. Some, when they get jealous go as far as to make up stories to tell the children about the husband that are untrue.. Then tell the husband a story about the children that is untrue. Just to cause problems between the kids and the father.

I once worked with a girl who flirted inappropriately in just the same way with every male that came within 25 feet of her. And guess what? Her estranged husband insisted that she have a paternity test done on their two year old and it turned out he wasn't the father. Sound familiar?

As long as KC thought she had her parents in her corner believing her "stories" she rewarded them with acknowledgement.

Does anyone remember the jail visit tape with her parents when she realizes the media has her number, and she says something like this?

"When I get out of here, I'm not giving them anything...sucks for them...but oh well. All I want is to be with my family." and she quickly thinks to add..."and my kid back, and they're not gonna give me that."

Same attitude....if you don't believe me Mom & Dad, sucks for you...

I once worked with a girl who flirted inappropriately in just the same way with every male that came within 25 feet of her. And guess what? Her estranged husband insisted that she have a paternity test done on their two year old and it turned out he wasn't the father. Sound familiar?

Toward the end of my stepfathers life he started going to therapy (for the 5 millionth time in his life. It was useless, trust me, there was no helping that man) and wouldn't ya know, in no time my mom began going to the sessions with him.. She slowly started coming onto the guy, asking for his phone number, doing her make-up and dressing nice before every appointment, being very attentive etc. Within like 2 months she began encouraging my step father to stop attending therapy and she began going without him but they would discuss him. By this time she would try sitting in the guys lap and tell him they should go out to dinner together, that if her hubby wasn't around they could "have an affair", etc..

What was the most messed up thing was mental health workers are well aware of this type of behavior in Borderline patients but it seemed that because she wasn't his "patient", he had no desire to put a stop to the behavior. He actually seemed to enjoy it. Sad, very sad.

It doesn't surprise me that KC isn't acknowledging her family but who knows what the real reason is. I do remember when her parents visited, GA said he was happy that she saw them because he thought she might not. So, that tells me things weren't so hot between them. They have all said some horrible things that could make you a tad mad. I remember CA saying that she didn't care anything about KC, all she wanted was Caylee. Now I understand it, KC is an adult and can look after herself and basically does what she wants but Caylee is an innocent child who was missing. Still to someone who hears a mother say they don't care about them it could be hurtful to most and make others with issues like KC very angry. To me Caylee seemed to have been spoiled by the Anthony's which is probably what they did with KC only now their focus was on the child instead of her and could really make you mad. Then again she may have been told to not give any sign of acknowledgement so the media couldn't run with it. In truth when you are in this situation you will always have some criticize you because you really can't please everyone. Then if you do nothing you get criticized too. Not that I am on her side, just saying.

New technology in the next six months that would discover toxins in bones not previously discoverable = benefit to Casey. As far as you stretch to say there is absolutely no benefit, you can stretch just as far to say there is.
Blanket statements like that almost never work.

It doesn't surprise me that KC isn't acknowledging her family but who knows what the real reason is. I do remember when her parents visited, GA said he was happy that she saw them because he thought she might not. So, that tells me things weren't so hot between them. They have all said some horrible things that could make you a tad mad. I remember CA saying that she didn't care anything about KC, all she wanted was Caylee. Now I understand it, KC is an adult and can look after herself and basically does what she wants but Caylee is an innocent child who was missing. Still to someone who hears a mother say they don't care about them it could be hurtful to most and make others with issues like KC very angry. To me Caylee seemed to have been spoiled by the Anthony's which is probably what they did with KC only now their focus was on the child instead of her and could really make you mad. Then again she may have been told to not give any sign of acknowledgement so the media couldn't run with it. In truth when you are in this situation you will always have some criticize you because you really can't please everyone. Then if you do nothing you get criticized too. Not that I am on her side, just saying.

My bold-

I think you are absolutely right on target here.

I have always felt that if Casey is the one that killed Caylee it's because in Casey's backword's mind, she took Casey's place, her mother was loving Caylee too much.. "All anyone cares about is Caylee"

But I agree, no matter how ya act people are gonna talk about you.. but if you aren't doing anything wrong then nobody will have anything bad to talk about, it would get old quick.

It was in the gray suit hearing, I think.

LOLOL!

Not sure why, but I find that incredibly funny. There are so many motions and so many hearings, but now that KC has to be present, we can track them by her outfits.

OK, I :slap: myself now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592
Back