Stacy Ann Peterson, Bolingbrook IL #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm say the grand jury hands down an indictment....reckon Drew P and his team would go for a speedy trial? or delay??

I think it all depends on how the indictment comes down. If indicted for Stacy (and she hasn't been found yet,) I think they will move for a speedy trial. But if he is indicted for Kathleen, I think they will try for delays. If indicted for both together, I think they will still go for a speedy trial. But if Stacy is found, I think they will delay.

I once heard the advantages for the defense if they delay the trial. Witnesses forget details, their emotion is reduced by time, they move or they die. Poliice officers involved may quit, die or retire and be unavailable. They too may forget details.

In Kathleen's case, it has already been years. And the officer's who investigated different aspects of the case will already have forgotten much. So the longer the better. (Plus, it is more money in the attorney's pockets the more drawn out it is.) Still, it would be very difficult if they were preparing for Kathleen's trial and Stacy's body were found. So that would have to be taken into consideration.

But in Stacy's case, it is harder to try the case without a body. Before they can convince the jury that DrewP killed Stacy, they first have to convince the jury beyond the shadow of doubt that Stacy is dead. Then they have to convince them beyond the shadow of doubt that DrewP is the one who did it.

I too am kind of leaning on the thought that they may indict him for Kathleen first, and hold off on Stacy's case. Unless they are going to try them together and I don't know if they could do that, since they are unrelated murders.

My question. Since both are already in the GJ, if the GJ hands down an indictment- how long do they have to arrest and charge?

I have always thought the prosecutor would hold off on taking a case to the GJ unless they thought they had enough evidence in hand to prove murder and the suspect. But in Kathleen's case, they had it before the GJ before there was any public indication from the autopsy (the last formal one) that a homicide occurred. Police were still investigating both cases when it went to the GJ. So I am thinking they have a lot more evidence than what we know of.

Mysteriew.............interesting thoughts!

I think the defense will delay, and one of their first moves will be a motion for change of venue. They'll state that DP can't get an un-biased jury pool in Will County.

I think the defense will delay and try to get a change of venue. But I don't think they will get a change because the whole country is aware of this case and that is basically due to Drew and JAB keeping themselves in the media as much as possible. Also I am thinking Drew still has friends in Will County..so maybe they will want to leave the trial there.

Since Drew put himself "out there" so much, I have a feeling that a change of venue wouldn't be granted. Can you get a change of venue for tainting the jury pool by making yourself look like a narcissistic, publicity-loving, egotistical, philandering dog? :waitasec: :waitasec: :waitasec:

Since Drew put himself "out there" so much, I have a feeling that a change of venue wouldn't be granted. Can you get a change of venue for tainting the jury pool by making yourself look like a narcissistic, publicity-loving, egotistical, philandering dog? :waitasec: :waitasec: :waitasec:

Plus he can't get a date now because of what Stacy did to him.
:rolleyes:

When Kathleen's boys were scheduled to testify in the Grand Jury hearing, the prosecutor offered them immunity and I thought perhaps they had testified before the GJ before. DrewP was also real concerned about getting them their own attorney.

Now according to the latest article I.B.Nora posted in media, it states the boys have never testified before the GJ before. So why do they need immunity? The boys spoke at the advocacy center about the disappearance of Stacy, but that wouldn't have been sworn testimony and they wouldn't have needed immunity for it.

What is the theory behind this and what did DrewP involve those boys in?

In the hearing about whether the boys should testify, I think that DrewP will have a statement from some psychological professional that testifying will harm the boys in some way. Probably from the guy that gave a statement out of the blue that he had spoken to DrewP and the boys.

When Kathleen's boys were scheduled to testify in the Grand Jury hearing, the prosecutor offered them immunity and I thought perhaps they had testified before the GJ before. DrewP was also real concerned about getting them their own attorney.

Now according to the latest article I.B.Nora posted in media, it states the boys have never testified before the GJ before. So why do they need immunity? The boys spoke at the advocacy center about the disappearance of Stacy, but that wouldn't have been sworn testimony and they wouldn't have needed immunity for it.

In the hearing about whether the boys should testify, I think that DrewP will have a statement from some psychological professional that testifying will harm the boys in some way. Probably from the guy that gave a statement out of the blue that he had spoken to DrewP and the boys.
Chico had posted a link a month ago about the boys and the GJ so I knew they had never testified, or at least did we hear that they had.
http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2034425&postcount=433
IIRC wasn't DP in NY doing an interview show on the one day the boys were due?

I think that immunity is for anything that was said at the advocacy center or any part they may have had in the Drew's coverup (meaning lying for Drew to someone). So that if their story is different now they will not be under investigation. The advocacy center may have taped that conversation. Isn't lying to a police officer considered obstruction of justice?

I think he just wants the boys to know that as long as they tell the truth, even if it is different from what they may have told the advocates that no charges will be filed against them. In otherwords if they lied to Sharon or to someone else, like Cass, saying what their dad told them to say ..they can tell the truth now and will not be considered an accessory to the murder or their mom's disappearance.

DP is certainly fearful of what the two older boys might reveal and has taken legal steps to prevent their grand jury appearance.

Although none of us know what happened in the Peterson house that morning of Oct. 28th, we can make some educated guesses. As I stated in the thread about DP being a suspect, the two boys may not have witnessed any physical altercation between DP and Stacy, but they may have heard arguing and witnessed DP's behavior for the rest of that day. They might report unusual activity on DP's part or might know of phone calls DP made and to whom. There might be something the boys would relate that would open the door to finding Stacy's body.

At the other end of the spectrum,this case has been so bizarre and DP is so sick, there's the possibility that he may have involved the two boys in his crime as accessories after the fact. As bizarre as it seems, DP may have had to tell the boys that Stacy was dead, and manipulated them into helping him cover his tracks. Knowing that DP always blames someone else, he would probably tell the boys it wasn't his fault.........he might tell them that Stacy tripped and fell and hit her head. He might have even threatened them into covering for him. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member