Star Jones Reynolds GONE!!!

Well, glory be! <LOL> We have a thread that we can all agree on. :D

Apparently, by the flavor of the posts - none of us can stand the obnoxious & pretentious Star Jones and are glad she's finally gotten the proverbial boot. :woohoo: :dance:

Personally, I never much cared for the catty bitchy personalities of the majority of the women on 'The View'. IMO - Meredith was engaging & interesting - by far, the best of the group. I have confidence she'll do very well in the new atmosphere of the Today Show.

I cannot tolerate the crassness of Joy Behar and Barbara's humongous ego lends itself to making "Barbara" an integral part of any 'big name guest's appearance'. Somehow, she always seems to find a way to 'still make it about her'.

I basically stopped tuning in when Lisa Ling left. Now, I am able to enjoy her talent & efforts on the incredible Nat.Geo Explorer programs. Love those and they're so much better suited for Lisa!

I never particularly cared for Rosie O'Donnell's show or her brand of humor/comedy - especially her demeanor & antics the last 4-5 years. Seems to me, Barbara & the producers are going to have their hands full with Rosie on the show. With Meredith gone and Rosie & Gayle King coming aboard - I predict Barbara will begin to appear less n' less often .. then, by her own decision, she'll be the next to depart.

Definitely pleased that the tacky classless Star Jones Reynolds is 'off the show'! I still can't believe she lasted 9 years. For that matter - I can't believe "The View" has lasted 9 years!

Oh well ... So, was today Star's last day or was it just announced today and she'll continue to hang around all summer? Anyone know?

13th Juror

WOW. That's the only word coming to mind after reading the USA today article about Star's wedding/name dropping. You can tell, I never watch the show. I think I've maybe watched it 3 or 4 times, in all these years. I have heard that Star really changed after her weight loss, but again, I don't watch. This wedding stuff, though, that's TACKY. That's not just tacky, it's classless. I'm sure all the words I can think of have already been used, so I'll stop there. :silenced:

Star promoted her wedding like it was a charity thing. Someone also needs to tell her that her husband is gay. She also has had gastric bypass. She is full of crap to say otherwise. She works her mouth out and thats about it. Barbara said earlier when they hired Rosie, "I wish Star the best." So back to CTV and a few endorsements.

Sounds like what was already lending itself to "ugly" is getting ready to get uglier. Star Jones is making a big mistake by going up against Barbara Walters... Barbara has far too much clout for the likes of Star to tangle with her.

Reynolds' Announcement Upsets Walters
By DAVID BAUDER , 06.27.2006, 06:45 PM

The gloves are off for the women on "The View." Creator Barbara Walters said she was "betrayed" by Star Jones Reynolds' surprise on-air announcement of her exit from the daytime talk show Tuesday. Reynolds said in a magazine interview she felt she was fired.
http://www.forbes.com/business/feeds/ap/2006/06/27/ap2844694.html

Thank God- I cant stand that show anymore-the only ones I like are Joy and barbara..elizabeth is cute but I dont know what it is about her that i dont like..something..I love rosie-and if that show even survives it will be because rosie takes over as the leader.
I see it being chopped in short order to be honest..I really do- its got to be the most boring show on earth..and has been for a long time. Meredeth was the best part of that show and she is gone.
I couldnt stand to listen to star anymore-and that wedding fiasco was appalling imo.
I dont know why that everytime a larger woman has a handsome husband that he is rumoured to be gay..same thing happened to oprah..why cant a really large woman attract a really handsome husband and not be accused of having it set up with a gay mate or both are gay?
Not disputing this or whom said it-just i notice that larger women seem to be viewed as incapable of attracting a husband that is a winner or nice looking..

HeartofTexas said:
Sounds like what was already lending itself to "ugly" is getting ready to get uglier. Star Jones is making a big mistake by going up against Barbara Walters... Barbara has far too much clout for the likes of Star to tangle with her.

Wow - I can't believe that she decided to say goodbye today instead of the planned Thursday. What a witch!

Thanks for the article HoT.

newtv said:
Thank God- I cant stand that show anymore-the only ones I like are Joy and barbara..elizabeth is cute but I dont know what it is about her that i dont like..something..I love rosie-and if that show even survives it will be because rosie takes over as the leader.

I honestly can't see Joy allowing Rosie to take over as leader. This is gonna be interesting to say the least!

I haven't watched the View for quite awhile. I used to watch it all the time. What a good morning it was, that I decided to tune in.:D I got to see Star's bootie get the boot! Sweet!! :woohoo: Since she lost the weight, why did she change so? :razz: Talk about conceited, it was sickening to watch, so I didn't! She thought her chit didn't stink..:loser: Glad she's finally gone.
I was shocked when I read on here, that Gayle King, will be among the group, had no idea!! I used to like Rosie's show, until the last few years...she had changed too. Look forward to seeing how Rosie does on this show, very curious! It will probably be on for the year, then its canceled, shall see.

lilpony said:
I haven't watched the View for quite awhile. I used to watch it all the time. What a good morning it was, that I decided to tune in.:D I got to see Star's bootie get the boot! Sweet!! :woohoo: Since she lost the weight, why did she change so? :razz: Talk about conceited, it was sickening to watch, so I didn't! She thought her chit didn't stink..:loser: Glad she's finally gone.
I was shocked when I read on here, that Gayle King, will be among the group, had no idea!! I used to like Rosie's show, until the last few years...she had changed too. Look forward to seeing how Rosie does on this show, very curious! It will probably be on for the year, then its canceled, shall see.

Looks like there might be a few of us returning to watch next season out of sheer curiosity! Gayle King is no mouse either - she's very assertive - she even cuts off Oprah when she's on her show, lol.

I had a friend that lost a heck of alot of weight and her personality changed too. Wasn't the same person at all - like you say - got super conceited - left her husband and 3 kids.

Today's announcement by Star Jones regarding her "View" departure was scheduled for Thursday's show and took an angered Barbara Walters completely by surprise!

Tonight - Larry King announced that Star will be appearing on his show Thursday, June 29 to discuss her departure.

I think that LKL interview was already set up in advance to coincide with the announcement that was supposed to occur on 'The View' on the same day - but, who knows?

Larry King (CNN) had John Walsh on tonight talking about the vile predators of our nation's children and passing laws to further protect them and strengthen the laws in apprehending the predators. Molly Bish's family were also guests - 6th anniversary of her abduction/death. Good show - worth watching.

13th Juror

"ABC to Star - Don't Come Back"

After the View cohost Star Jones Reynolds announced on the air Tuesday that she would leave the show in July, her network had a response: Leave now.

According to a source close to Jones Reynolds, "ABC has asked her not to return to the View tomorrow morning."

ABC could not be reached by press time, but a source close to the show confirmed that Star had been asked not to return.

Jones Reynolds, who helped launch the chatfest and spent nine years at the View table alongside Barbara Walters, Joy Behar and the newly departed Meredith Vieira, who left to replace Katie Couric on NBC's Today, says the split was anything but amicable.

More at the updated "People article link" ...

13th Juror

HeartofTexas said:

Yes, I don't think one would want to incur Barbara's wrath.

lilpony said:

Ya know it's weird. This girl and I were talking at work yesterday about how this chick at work got gastric bypass surgery and when she lost all that weight she became a snob. Wonder why that is with some people.

13th Juror said:

Today's announcement by Star Jones regarding her "View" departure was scheduled for Thursday's show and took an angered Barbara Walters completely by surprise!

Tonight - Larry King announced that Star will be appearing on his show Thursday, June 29 to discuss her departure.

I think that LKL interview was already set up in advance to coincide with the announcement that was supposed to occur on 'The View' on the same day - but, who knows?

Larry King (CNN) had John Walsh on tonight talking about the vile predators of our nation's children and passing laws to further protect them and strengthen the laws in apprehending the predators. Molly Bish's family were also guests - 6th anniversary of her abduction/death. Good show - worth watching.

13th Juror

Guess I'll tune in this morning and see what happens or if they act like nothing happened.

kato said:
Ya know it's weird. This girl and I were talking at work yesterday about how this chick at work got gastric bypass surgery and when she lost all that weight she became a snob. Wonder why that is with some people.

I have a friend (well ex friend, but that's another story) who got the band. It's not as dramatic as gastric bybass but it's supposed to help you lose weight. Well, it didn't work for her. But here's my point, after the surgery she changed A LOT. Another friend of mine were speaking of this and we think it might have something to do with the therapy they go through before they get the surgery. Another thing that I think it might be is that they keep hearing how great they look it enflates their ego. I've heard of a few people where they've had this surgery and become different people. Their mantra becomes "I have to make myself happy" that's why my friend and I think it's the therapy they receive. Am I making any sense??? I just woke up, LOL.

MrsMush99 said:
I have a friend (well ex friend, but that's another story) who got the band. It's not as dramatic as gastric bybass but it's supposed to help you lose weight. Well, it didn't work for her. But here's my point, after the surgery she changed A LOT. Another friend of mine were speaking of this and we think it might have something to do with the therapy they go through before they get the surgery. Another thing that I think it might be is that they keep hearing how great they look it enflates their ego. I've heard of a few people where they've had this surgery and become different people. Their mantra becomes "I have to make myself happy" that's why my friend and I think it's the therapy they receive. Am I making any sense??? I just woke up, LOL.

Makes sense. I didn't know they had therapy before having the surgery.

kato said:
Makes sense. I didn't know they had therapy before having the surgery.

Yes Kato. It's mandatory. They want to make sure they are taking the surgery seriously and I guess to get to the root of why they overeat. I think it might be mostly with females that change because we have a male friend that had the gastric bypass and he looks fantastic and is still the same fun loving guy that we've always known.

I work with a woman who had it - she was over 350 lbs. and lost 180. She's still a big girl and still doesn't take care of things like cutting her toenails (ugh) but she now attempts to wear stylish clothes and can a least walk a bit. She still gets little to no exercise and doesn't eat healthily imo. In fact she has gained 40 lbs. back two years post-op. She has become the biggest beyotch! No kidding, I can hardly stand her. It's all about her. She is also very passive-aggressive, manipulates things at work to go her way. Everyone is disgusted. She was a much nicer person before. What is up with this phenomenon?

I don't care for Star or Rosie. Rosie is obnoxious. Meredith was way cool. I won't be watching The View now that she's gone. Baba Wawa has a mammoth ego but she rules the show, Star's exit wouldn't have happened without her blessing.

Eve

"The View" RIGHT NOW!! Saying they are sad. Oh boy getting messy. BW just said it's hard to sit there and act like nothing is going on and then she continued to talk. She said "The View" made Star a star. Towards the end she looked really flummoxed before they broke for commercial. I think she is HIGHLY PISSED off. This could hurt Star's future career bids. IMO she crossed the wrong woman.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod
Back