State v Bradley Cooper 04/04/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
That cop was correct in not collecting the hay! That wasn't his job. He saw it, more than once.

I wouldn't have touched it, but I'd have photographed it, sketched it, dated my sketch and made sure to point it out to whomever arrived with the search warrant to process the house. But that's just me.... :innocent:

Looks like the trial is taking a toll on BC.

The only point Cummings needed to make was that it wasn't a crime scene at the time Officer Hazelzet observed the piece(s) of hay.

If anything was collected it would have been thrown out of court, due to the fact it was collected without a search warrant. We all know the defense would have filed the motions to have it thrown out!

The search warrant wasn't issued until later that evening.

IMO BC most likely picked up the hay if no one else observed it. Like when he told the officer he had to leave until Det. Daniels returned with the SW.

Gotta like someone excited about their work, lol.

God bless people like this--9th grade Earth Science permanently scarred me.

The only point Cummings needed to make was that it wasn't a crime scene at the time Officer Hazelzet observed the piece(s) of hay.

If anything was collected it would have been thrown out of court, due to the fact it was collected without a search warrant. We all know the defense would have filed the motions to have it thrown out!

The search warrant wasn't issued until later that evening.

IMO BC most likely picked up the hay if no one else observed it. Like when he told the officer he had to leave until Det. Daniels returned with the SW.

Why did it take 20 months to put it in his report? Why didn't he let Daniels know when he spoke to him shortly after?

One of my daughters is a forensic chemist and testifies like this young woman. Once I was dismissed as a potential juror as one of the witnesses was someone from my daughter's lab.

JMHO
fran

PS>..LOL, she's not in the field of rocks! ;)

Whew, let's get to the "dirt" of the matter quickly, please.

Interesting, hyper-probe only one of two in use in the country?

Why did it take 20 months to put it in his report? Why didn't he let Daniels know when he spoke to him shortly after?

The officer testifying was a street cop. His job was not to collect evidence at a non-declared crime scene. Even if he did, there was no SW and any potential evidence most likely would have been discarded.

I'm thinking they may have shown he didn't tell the other officers as he wasn't there to look for evidence, he was there to talk to Brad. They made it a point to say he had full run of the house while Brad was taking a shower. They MAY HAVE wanted to impeach him, trying to see if he LOOKED around as Brad wasn't present.

JMHO
fran

PS>...It's possible the officer didn't think about the hay, as he thought the forensic guys would collect it. When he was shown pictures, there was no hay....fran

The officer testifying was a street cop. His job was not to collect evidence at a non-declared crime scene. Even if he did, there was no SW and any potential evidence most likely would have been discarded.

I'm thinking they may have shown he didn't tell the other officers as he wasn't there to look for evidence, he was there to talk to Brad. They made it a point to say he had full run of the house while Brad was taking a shower. They MAY HAVE wanted to impeach him, trying to see if he LOOKED around as Brad wasn't present.

JMHO
fran

PS>...It's possible the officer didn't think about the hay, as he thought the forensic guys would collect it. When he was shown pictures, there was no hay....fran

I wish Cummings had hammered home this aspect of the officer's job to the jury so they weren't left with the impression that he didn't do this nor that. His entire testimony was a gain in the defense corner.

JMHO
fran

Regardless of the reasons though, that evidence (whether relevant or not) is pretty much dismissed as far as the jury is concerned. It was seen, but yet never documented, never tested, etc. Not only that but it wasn't seen until July 15th. That hay could of came from fielding drive or somewhere else in Cary. It could of came from BC's shoes or any other shoe that came in the house for 3 days. We'll never know.

What is the point of this witness? The shoes they tested are not the ones he wore to HT. They are not the "missing" shoes. So is the prosecution changing their theory now that these are the shoes he wore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member