State v. Bradley Cooper 4-12-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for sharing that! It helps to know this was not just NC, but a pattern of stalking and control in his life.

I didn't make the post you are thanking for, somehow it looks as if it came from me, I think the woman was a jilted lovere.

I'm starting to assume this can't be true though. If NC went out frequently with her girlfriends, BC had to have been home. And I'm sure the stay at home moms didn't begin their nights out at midnight. They certainly could have been out still at midnight, but they wouldn't be starting at that time.

Is this just another exaggeration that he was gone 18 hours a day, every day?

IIRC, this started with someone referencing her night friend's testimony, JF, and how they would drink a bottle or two of wine. The assumption was that BC was babysitting every night while she partied. However, Brad was not watching the kids. She worked full-time, and so wasn't at home until later, and she and Nancy would schedule play-dates in the early evening for their children very regularly. In fact, I believe she testified that it was only occassionally, and on weekends, when they got together for adults night out. (And BC was always invited and sometimes came.) She said NC would come over w girls because there was no one for her to go home to.

I agree! And after finding this out, I went back and looked briefly at some of the original threads, just to see what he might have been reading. And one thing I thought was funny...and perhaps this is a bit cynical on my part, so forgive me....but the posters were not complimentary of neither his first press conference, or the Fox News interview by phone. And then my wheels started turning, and I thought, some of us think he didn't show up to later press conferences because he felt too guilty, or didn't care, perhaps. Would it not be funny if the real reason were people didn't think he came off well, and this bothered him. JMO.

Wasn't there testimony that he was advised by counsel to not attend the press conference?

Was that in writing or something NC said?

That was sworn testimony from a friend of NC, which for most people (obviously not BC) means telling the truth under threat of perjury and being jailed. That's another charge I hope to see BC serve time for - lying under oath.

I am very interested in the motion to stay that is in our links here.

Anyone know anything about item #22 under section DD? I would love to know what those two emails are and why they were the only things denied by CPD with regards to emails (between the husband and wife)

You have peaked my curiosity!

I want to clarify something form yesterday on the "accounts" on the family Mac, and please, for the others that were there, correct me if I'm wrong:

Both Brad and Nancy had user accounts on the Mac. Brad's hadn't been used since January 2008. On the same day, Nancy's account was created, and Brad's was never used again. It had been logged in continuously since mid-June. There was no "log-in" to her account on that morning, it had been logged in for weeks at a time. There was even internet activity that showed while she was out of town for things I would not think Nancy would search for. To me, it appeared as if both of them used that account. I don't think Brad was trying to make it look as if Nancy was using that computer. I think it was just the one he used while downstairs with the girls.

IIRC, this started with someone referencing her night friend's testimony, JF, and how they would drink a bottle or two of wine. The assumption was that BC was babysitting every night while she partied. However, Brad was not watching the kids. She worked full-time, and so wasn't at home until later, and she and Nancy would schedule play-dates in the early evening for their children very regularly. In fact, I believe she testified that it was only occassionally, and on weekends, when they got together for adults night out. (And BC was always invited and sometimes came.) She said NC would come over w girls because there was no one for her to go home to.

I need to understand, are you saying Nancy would go to her friends house to drink late into the evening with her children with her, then would drive home?

If I recall correctly, Brad did work late, but that is not to say that many evenings he didn't watch the children while she went out with friends, or to that friend's house. I am not sure what others consider working late either. If you work until 5:30 because you don't go into the office until later, then have traffic to contend with and get home at 6-6:15, is that considered late? What is considered working late?

I'm starting to assume this can't be true though. If NC went out frequently with her girlfriends, BC had to have been home. And I'm sure the stay at home moms didn't begin their nights out at midnight. They certainly could have been out still at midnight, but they wouldn't be starting at that time.

Is this just another exaggeration that he was gone 18 hours a day, every day?

He was gone 18 hours a day until he went into Super Dad mode to counter-claim NC's attorney's separation agreement where he found out he just might have to give NC a whole lot more money than $300 a week to raise those two children and get her life back to a normal way of living with a job, her own source of income, and could sustain herself. He'd always have to pay child support of course until the children were adults. Super Dad then decided he wanted custody himself because he felt he could save himself a lot of dough if he could continue to trap NC into living in N.C. and being a nanny for him.

Wasn't there testimony that he was advised by counsel to not attend the press conference?

Possibly, I don't know....just trying to make light of the fact that he was on W/S. Didn't mean to offend anyone or start a debate, so I apologize if that came off wrong.

I'm way behind--fell asleep on the sofa last night at 8:30 so I'm trying to get caught up this morning.

I just questioned the same thing. If I were thinking about Nancy's murder being a random act of violence I would be hesitant to run alone--even with a trusted dog. There are too many 'weapons' easily available such as pepper spray, mace, stun guns, etc. that would incapacitate a dog....and a runner.

A good steak even.

Please don't think I'm being snarky because I'm not. But you just said that you too have seen some sketchy people along your run route. Yet you run alone--sometimes the only runner. You are seem to think that Nancy's murder could have been a random act of violence. Are you not afraid the same could happen to you?

She mentioned that she runs with her (big) dog and cell phone.

I didn't make the post you are thanking for, somehow it looks as if it came from me, I think the woman was a jilted lovere.

It seems to be a problem when you quote a post that was quoting a post.

That was sworn testimony from a friend of NC, which for most people (obviously not BC) means telling the truth under threat of perjury and being jailed. That's another charge I hope to see BC serve time for - lying under oath.

I think the State has an excellent case for perjury and they should pursue it.

I want to clarify something form yesterday on the "accounts" on the family Mac, and please, for the others that were there, correct me if I'm wrong:

Both Brad and Nancy had user accounts on the Mac. Brad's hadn't been used since January 2008. On the same day, Nancy's account was created, and Brad's was never used again. It had been logged in continuously since mid-June. There was no "log-in" to her account on that morning, it had been logged in for weeks at a time. There was even internet activity that showed while she was out of town for things I would not think Nancy would search for. To me, it appeared as if both of them used that account. I don't think Brad was trying to make it look as if Nancy was using that computer. I think it was just the one he used while downstairs with the girls.

Thank you so much for clearing that up. Did that come out in court?

I agree! And after finding this out, I went back and looked briefly at some of the original threads, just to see what he might have been reading. And one thing I thought was funny...and perhaps this is a bit cynical on my part, so forgive me....but the posters were not complimentary of neither his first press conference, or the Fox News interview by phone. And then my wheels started turning, and I thought, some of us think he didn't show up to later press conferences because he felt too guilty, or didn't care, perhaps. Would it not be funny if the real reason were people didn't think he came off well, and this bothered him. JMO.

Hi dramamama!

Nothing to forgive, certainly not on my part, that is. Everyone is entitled to their opinion - to harp on about human rights alerts my ignore button because what about NC's rights? Somethings are so blatantly obvious to me and many others; the same things partially clear to other folk, clouded or smothered by a few more .... some just don't want BC to be the killer - while a few may genuinely believe he's innocent. Happens all the time.

Reading the "inconsistencies" thread - just reinforced my opinion, today.

Diff'rent Strokes, eh?

Indeed - lol, if he was reading here that may very well be another reason he stopped attending pressers and avoided the media/public. But that he tuned into W/S so early that very same July 08 weekend? Good grief!

Now that's scary...

I need to understand, are you saying Nancy would go to her friends house to drink late into the evening with her children with her, then would drive home?

If I recall correctly, Brad did work late, but that is not to say that many evenings he didn't watch the children while she went out with friends, or to that friend's house. I am not sure what others consider working late either. If you work until 5:30 because you don't go into the office until later, then have traffic to contend with and get home at 6-6:15, is that considered late? What is considered working late?

I would have to go back and watch the testimony of JF to answer every question you ask. But JF lived close in the neighborhood. I hate to assume here and rely on memory, but my impression was that around 5 or so they would hang out while kids played, everyone had dinner, and then she went home around bedtime, probably around 8. I was simply trying to clarify the witnes, I thought the original poster was referring to, and try to point out that NC was not out partying all night, every night, while BC stayed home and took care of the kids. And that is fact. There is not one witness who has testified that BC came home from work every night at 6pm and NC promptly left him every night to go party it up.

Danielle59, I can clearly see that we do not see eye-to-eye, and I agree to disagree. We are looking at the same facts, CE, witnesses, affadavits, testimonies, and our perceptions of these things draw us to drastically different conclusions. The only jury we are sitting on is the one of public opinion, so ultimately, our comments here are to engage in conversation, debate, and gain more understanding of what we are looking at. I am on here because I have learned a tremendous amount from reading so many helpful posts that clarify things for me. I enjoy the discussion. That's all. And for personal reasons, this case sits very close to my heart.

I think the State has an excellent case for perjury and they should pursue it.

I hope the Rentz consider pursuing a civil case against BC when the criminal case is decided. Do you think a civil case would be more likely to end in guilt based upon evidence you've seen thus far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allisonvsmith