State vs. Jason Lynn Young 02-29-12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just listened to the charge conference in the first trial by Judge Stephens, curious to what JY would be charged with as I have heard that there may be a lesser charge of 2nd degree in this trial, judge said the following:

"There is no evidence to support any charge less than murder in the first degree, having looked at all the evidence in this case, the evidence is overwhelming that whoever caused the death of MY intended that she die under circumstances that would draw no other conclusion except that this was an intentional killing after premeditation and deliberation and obviously with malice, so I do not believe that any other charge is supported by the evidence, therefore, the court will not submit any charges except for the one the defendant is indicted, murder in the first degree of MY and therefore, counsel, the verdict sheet will read:

We the jury by unanimous verdict find the defendant JLY to be guilty of first degree murder or not guilty".

I don't believe the judge will change his stance on this, but what do I know.

I think JY may have planned to sneak in while she was sleeping, knock her out with a blow to the head, and then smother her with a pillow. What evidence would that leave? But I think she woke up and a struggle ensued.

Seeing CY's little footprints in her mama's blood all over that bathroom floor just hurts my heart.

Did anyone else notice how hostile the finger print guy got!! OMG ... I thought we were going to have another replay of HC crossing PY during her testimony.

I saw it. Cindy Beaver was the defense's best witness as to reasonable doubt. I think her former supervisor blew her out of the water.

JTF had her pegged all along. She just wanted her 15 minutes of fame.

IMO, the defense's performance this time was pretty bad considering the prosecution's cross and their rebuttal.

I think JY has to be worried - very worried.

Oh yes JY is worried when he was talking to the PI, I could read the PI's lips and he ask JY was he okay!!

I don't agree.

I don't even think the Youngs were thinking about anything being missing for a long time, they didn't care about "stuff" until later.

The Youngs are not a poor family, Mrs. Young sits on a million dollars worth of property, and Jason's salary was amazing, and looks like Heather was doing good as well.........

Yep, it took them quite a while to come up with that story. I'll give you that.

Good morning! :seeya:

CY was found without a diaper on. Testimony is that she wore one at night. Testimony by SS is MY put one on her that night. However, CY was also mostly potty trained and wore regular underwear during the day and was accident-free.

No diaper was found in any garbage can. The garbage and liner had been removed. Garbage bags were found on kitchen counter.

The assumption is that the diaper was taken away with whatever else the perp took with him in his garbage bags of evidentiary items (clothes, shoes, weapon, etc)

I wonder if she took it off and gave it to Daddy when he was cleaning her up. My kids would do that in the a.m. when their pull-up was wet.

What was the significance (or insignificance) of JY's step-dad saying he had made thousands of jewelry boxes?

Good Morning!

Today's thread is locked? I wanted a yogurt. :snooty:

How long do you think the jurors will deliberate? I predict by tomorrow PM we will have a verdict.

Oh yes JY is worried when he was talking to the PI, I could read the PI's lips and he ask JY was he okay!!

Are you sure he didn't say can I cash this check today? :waitasec:

You think he planned on Cassidy walking in? He had probably already changed into his hushpuppies when Cassidy walked in and he just went and got her.

We don't need to understand the logic of the killer and to explain away his reasoning - only he knows. We know that he had size 12 hushpuppies and that a print in blood was made with the same size and type -that's extremely good evidence that he was there (almost as good as a fingerprint).

He's smart enough to think of getting extra shoes to throw LE off, but yet not enough to wear other shoes himself.. Not buying it & if I were on the jury I'd be asking the same question.... DOUBT!

It's been said a few times throughout this thread and it's worth repeating here at the end...if Jason Young's family was interested in solving this crime, they would have reported stolen items as quickly as possible. Pat Young's pathetic lie was that she waited six months because she was "angry" at the investigators. These are the words of a liar, and by her continual lies and complete lack of feeling with regard to what she called "Michelle's death", Pat Young is a willing accomplice after the fact to the murder of Michelle Young and baby Rylan.

Calling Michelle's brutal murder "Michelle's death" would be like someone calling 9/11 "plane crashes." It is offensive and revealing of the speaker's moral code, or lack thereof.

You think he planned on Cassidy walking in? He had probably already changed into his hushpuppies when Cassidy walked in and he just went and got her.

We don't need to understand the logic of the killer and to explain away his reasoning - only he knows. We know that he had size 12 hushpuppies and that a print in blood was made with the same size and type -that's extremely good evidence that he was there (almost as good as a fingerprint).

This scenario is so easy for me to see. So easy, in fact, that its hard for me personally to see why the Franklins cause so much doubt. No, it can't be proven they were on his feet, but it also can't even be proven that his OWN shoes were on his feet - yes those were his shoe prints, but we didn't see his feet actually in them. However, that level of proof is going to be difficult to ever provide any jury anywhere, at any time, unless the murder is on video.

If we can reasonably conclude that JY's feet were in his own shoes; if we can reasonably conclude that JY is historically good at covering his tracks (vis a vis evidence of affairs); if we can reasonably conclude that a degree of planning went into this murder; if we can reasonably conclude that JY staged the scene in other ways besides shoes, i.e. missing jewelry; if we know that 2 pairs of shoes are missing and JY had access to all the fresh shoes he needed; then its not a stretch by any means - *IMO* - to reasonably conclude that wrong sized shoes were part of his planning, missing jewelry was part of his planning, being in Hillsville was part of his planning.

CY getting up and getting bloody was not. He had his own shoes on at that point, and had to change shoes yet again to avoid getting blood in his vehicle. 2 pairs of shoes missing. Wherever the HP's are, there lie the Franklins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member