State vs. Jason Lynn Young 2-21-2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was there ever any testimony given to how many pairs of HP shoes were with that same sole? Not how many size 12 Orbitals, but how many size 12 HP shoes have been made with that sole design. I didn't hear it but it sounds like the witness testified that only 195 pairs of Orbitals were made, not soles with that design.

I do remember there were 2 shoes given by the HP rep first as matching that sole design, neither of which was an Orbital. Only after finding out about the DSW purchase of the Orbital did LE learn it had the same sole as the other 2.

And one set of shoes still places JY at the crime scene.

No it does not, it only places JY's shoes at the crime scene, the Pros has yet to put JY's feet into the HP murder shoes. They also need to explain away the size 10's.....

Not saying JY is innocent, or NG, but he has to be placed into the shoes to get a conviction, and they have not yet achieved that. IMHO

To draw an analogy, if the rifle from the closet was used instead as the murder weapon (as opposed to blunt force trauma), and it was now missing, it would still need to be put into JY hands to convict him. In summary yes, his rare shoes, but on who's feet????

No it does not, it only places JY's shoes at the crime scene, the Pros has yet to put JY's feet into the HP murder shoes. They also need to explain away the size 10's.....

Not saying JY is innocent, or NG, but he has to be placed into the shoes to get a conviction, and they have not yet achieved that. IMHO

To draw an analogy, if the rifle from the closet was used instead as the murder weapon (as opposed to blunt force trauma), and it was now missing, it would still need to be put into JY hands to convict him. In summary yes, his rare shoes, but on who's feet????

Since JLY *testified* that Michelle had given those shoes away to charity, how *reasonable* is it that some stranger happened to get those same shoes, no signs of a break in at the house, so he apparently just wandered in off the street and bashed her brains out. Or else, Michelle NEVER gave those shoes away, they were still in the possession of JLY.

Without a picture of the perp at or near the crime scene near the time of the murder or an eye witness, or a confession, how can anyone's feet ever be proved to be in a pair of shoes during a murder, especially if the shoes then go missing?

He owned the shoes and claims he no longer had them. Yet the prints in blood are those orbital size 12 shoes (or, in a huge coincidence, a pair just like those orbital outsoles).

There is video evidence that is suggestive and shows a pair of brown shoes on JY's feet at 9:30pm with characteristics similar to the HP Orbitals. Rounded toe, slip ons, no decorative stitching.

Without a picture of the perp at or near the crime scene near the time of the murder or an eye witness, or a confession, how can anyone's feet ever be proved to be in a pair of shoes during a murder, especially if the shoes then go missing?

He owned the shoes and claims he no longer had them. Yet the prints in blood are those orbital size 12 shoes (or, in a huge coincidence, a pair just like those orbital outsoles).

There is video evidence that is suggestive and shows a pair of brown shoes on JY's feet at 9:30pm with characteristics similar to the HP Orbitals. Rounded toe, slip ons, no decorative stitching.

How many HP Orbitals brown size 12 shoes did he own? Referring to your last paragraph are you saying that at 9:30 pm when he was seen in video evidence, he was wearing those same shoes? Where is the blood? If he left blood prints at the home, wouldn't he have walked all over the place with blood on the soles of his shoes? Did he wash his shoes?

Trying to catch up.

I'm going to throw in my vote for 9-3 for acquittal now. (Yup, hung-jury prediction)

I think the case muddied (every day) a very solid investigation because of the gaps and the likelihood that there was some form of conspiracy (accomplice, hit person, etc).

Why? What examples? I'll say there are about five people here that are super smart that are convinced that JY did it and have laid it all out. I'd say there are hundreds here who are relatively smart and say he did it. I'm in the next layer of people. The folks that are average intelligence and like to see things laid out.

So, I'm about the high end for the average NC jury majority.

Here's what I would have problems with:

1) There's only roughly 200-600 of these shoes available according to HP expert. BUT
yesterday, the Pros had a witness on who widened the size of the shoe and then conceded the possibility of other shoes having a similar layout (knockoffs, etc)

2) All these folks here with their analysis, but the guy was wearing gloves to prevent injuries and then left his prints at key moments int he struggle.

3) His shoes from the above #1 are printed at the scene, but he didn't have them when we forgot to ask for them and there's unidentified prints at the scene and there's other identifiable prints at the scene. (two sizes two small)

4) This gas stuff is ridiculous. One guy says the lady had no usable information. The lady herself said she had had some brain issues. The other guy swears by her. I'm going to throw out the cashier altogether and forget about that for proof because it doesn't quite add up to what they are telling me.

5) The first lead investigator kept investigating, as did several technicians, leads that did not lead to JY, but they never go hits. What about the prints? What about the blood?

6) The little girl didn't call the second doll Daddy. Why did she call the first doll Mommy and the second doll nothing? She didn't know that person's name?

7) They've thrown so much stuff out here, surely they can connect the dots better than this.

8) This guy is up on the screen and he's relatively normal. Weirdo? Yeah. *******? Yeah. Swapping a lot of booty? Yeah. Why would he kill his babysitter and make his life this hellish? That doesn't compute.

9) They have a bunch of stuff they say they are missing, but they didn't ask for it in a timely manner? How is it missing then?

10) Did Judge Stephens just say something about Mexi-cali grill on Friday? Can we get margaritas if it's a short-day?

11) Why dos this lady say Ummm and Your-analysis so much? It sounds like urinalysis.

12) Why is juror number five asleep? He's going to make this difficult. I can feel it.

13) Hey, this video is still playing. Why are they letting him testify without testifying? ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

bbm...that's a good point. I thought the doll testimony was compelling but maybe not?

A juror was caught sleeping? :what:

That's a pretty rigorous standard, having to place someone's foot in a shoe. How can that be possible? As stated before, you'd have to have video or a photo. With standards like that, even unintelligent people could get away with murder. Just put on some different shoes and make sure you don't go buy gas in 'em, right?

Some of this stuff reminds me of the Adrian Prout case in the UK. He was a wealthy farmer who was convicted of killing his wife after she went missing. This was with no body having been found, so all the evidence boiled down to a massive CE case. Thankfully, they had the sense to put him away, and after about a year in prison he finally relented, confessed, and gave up where the body was. Little physical evidence doesn't mean you can't get at the truth.

??????
So, it proves jy's shoes were at the murder scene, but jy's feet weren't in them? So, did the real killer go into HI and get the shoes? Without being detected on the camera, or is it your theory the killer is the one who tampered with the cameras??? I'm not sure I'm following you?????

Did not think of it in the accomplice point of view.

I did think of it as in someone knowing what he did for a living and hoping that there were drug samples in the home.

Two things have surprised me here. The first being that the defense has not introduced this as a posibility.

The second being that LE did not investigate this angle.

It appears that they were given reasons to suspect JY from the start (I am going to gather from family) and in the process may of developed tunnel vision.

He was no longer a pharma rep at this point in time. He sold medical software.

Hmmm, maybe a medical administrator wanted some free software and decided to kill for it. Oh, and yeah, the software thief had the same shoes as Jason.

How many HP Orbitals brown size 12 shoes did he own? Referring to your last paragraph are you saying that at 9:30 pm when he was seen in video evidence, he was wearing those same shoes? Where is the blood? If he left blood prints at the home, wouldn't he have walked all over the place with blood on the soles of his shoes? Did he wash his shoes?

Trying to catch up.

~n/t~

I agree, you will want to catch up.
His HP shoes were seen at 9:30PM at Cracker Barrel, 5 hours before Michelle was bludgeoned to death.

He was no longer a pharma rep at this point in time. He sold medical software.

Though he seemed to change jobs like underwear, the job he had before ChartOne was selling orthopedic devices at Sentric Medical.

??????
So, it proves jy's shoes were at the murder scene, but jy's feet weren't in them? So, did the real killer go into HI and get the shoes? Without being detected on the camera, or is it your theory the killer is the one who tampered with the cameras??? I'm not sure I'm following you?????

Not following either heidisam.
Jay said he told MY to give his 16 month old shoes to Goodwill, yet in cross, Collins asked if there is proof the 'real killer' did not open his closet and get the HP shoes to wear out? Sounds like Jay and Collins need to get their stories straight.:waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ctrls