State vs. Jason Lynn Young 2-21-2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodnight all. I am still claiming the smoking gun here is the shoes. PT had a great day. We heard the HP expert testify to only 195 pairs of brown HP Orbital shoes were ever made in the whole world. We heard that same expert claim the shoes JY was seen wearing in the CB looked like Orbital HP. The jury has heard testimony that JY owned a pair of brown HP Orbital shoes. The jury has also already heard that a size 12 HP Orbital bloody shoe print was found at the crime scene.The shoes in the photo of JY at CB were never found with JY's belongings.
Tomorrow we will hear JY's testimony from trial 1 that he bought new shoes on the day of the NTO. A casual/ dress shoe. He said he needed new shoes because he couldn't get in his house. The picture of those shoes in the NTO look just like the missing shoes. So we will see what PT does with all this trial 1 testimony of JY.

I just have to say, it seems in cases like this that some people willfully take a side and go to amazing logic-defying machinations to argue; like willful denial of the obvious. After today's testimony, there are now 2 irrefutable facts about this crime that point to Jason Young's guilt.

<snipped>

2. Whether Cassidy Young was drugged or not (I cannot believe I even have to offer that remote possibility, but okay) someoneleft that medicine in her room with her DNA on the dropper. Do you honestlysuggest that this might not be connected to the crime? I.e., that any other day of Cassidy Young's 2.5 years (at the time), you might expect to see adult strength medicine in her room, including drops on her furniture? This medicine is one that Jason Young was required to know in his former position as a pharma sales rep. Another piece of evidence that speaks volumes here.

To be clear, I think JY is guilty. I really do. But you are honestly saying that it is an irrefutable fact that CY was drugged on the night of the murder? That's something the prosecution isn't even willing to say.

Goodnight all. I am still claiming the smoking gun here is the shoes. PT had a great day. We heard the HP expert testify to only 195 pairs of brown HP Orbital shoes were ever made in the whole world. We heard that same expert claim the shoes JY was seen wearing in the CB looked like Orbital HP. The jury has heard testimony that JY owned a pair of brown HP Orbital shoes. The jury has also already heard that a size 12 HP Orbital bloody shoe print was found at the crime scene.The shoes in the photo of JY at CB were never found with JY's belongings.
Tomorrow we will hear JY's testimony from trial 1 that he bought new shoes on the day of the NTO. A casual/ dress shoe. He said he needed new shoes because he couldn't get in his house. The picture of those shoes in the NTO look just like the missing shoes. So we will see what PT does with all this trial 1 testimony of JY.

I agree with you Grammy Jean. That's compelling evidence. I think it's the best evidence the prosecution has offered yet. Because IF those shoes have to be his, then nothing else about him leaving the hotel matters, because it HAD to be done, and it doesn't matter if GC really saw JY, or if he propped the door open with a rock, because we know he left his footprints in the home.

I just have to say, it seems in cases like this that some people willfully take a side and go to amazing logic-defying machinations to argue; like willful denial of the obvious. After today's testimony, there are now 2 irrefutable facts about this crime that point to Jason Young's guilt.

1. Someone wearing a pair of shoes that match a model of which only 195 pairs were made in the worldwas in that house when Michelle Young's blood was shed. It's been proven that Jason Young purchased one of these 195 pairs of shoes and he claims they were donated to Goodwill. Think about the odds of this being a coincidence. Unless you are Bryan Collins, Esquire, a pair of size 12 Hush Puppy Orbitals left that print.

2. Whether Cassidy Young was drugged or not (I cannot believe I even have to offer that remote possibility, but okay) someone left that medicine in her room with her DNA on the dropper. Do you honestly suggest that this might not be connected to the crime? I.e., that any other day of Cassidy Young's 2.5 years (at the time), you might expect to see adult strength medicine in her room, including drops on her furniture? This medicine is one that Jason Young was required to know in his former position as a pharma sales rep. Another piece of evidence that speaks volumes here.

1. I agree, though to be fair, the 195 refers to brown size 12 Orbitals. HP did make that particular model in both black and black suede. So being generous and extrapolating out, let's say there were a total potential population of about 600 pairs of shoes in size 12 with the orbital outsole in the world. That's still a pretty big coincidence no matter what.

And of course there is proof that JY owned one of those pairs and there is proof that his HP orbital shoes were not found after the murder. There is some visual corroboration that could show JY wearing those HP Orbital shoes -- there are likenesses seen. (Cracker Barrel 9:30pm).

2. I agree. It being in her room, having her DNA on it is one huge coinky dink.

This case seems so staight forward to me. I cannot see JY as anything but guilty.

It is true that not all adulterers commit murder; however, most men who murder their wives have also committed adultery.

If anyone wants me to change my mind at this point, he/she is going to have to answer the following questions I have. And for the record, I don't think the questions can be reasonably answered.

It has been said that the security camera didn't show JY unplugging it or shoving it up; however, the security camera didn't show anyone unplugging it or shoving it up. That leaves the question, who was staying in the HI on Nov. 2, 2006 who needed the security camera unplugged at 11:20 pm and shoved up towards the ceiling at 6:35am the next morning?

Why was JY's shirt that he was seen wearing on the security camera at the front desk at midnight not in his luggage or in his vehicle the next evening? Clothing does not just disappear without a reason, and I cannot think of a logical reason for the shirt to be missing other than he threw it away.

How did a pair of Hush Puppy shoes with a unique sole just happen to be found in blood at the crime scene? A pair of HP with a unique sole that JY just happened to have owned.

Why would a man staying at the HI on the 4th floor leave his valuables unsecured twice to go downstairs because he worried about disturbing his neighbors by shutting his room door?

Why would a man go downstairs twice and prop open an exit door because that was more convenient than carrying his keycard with him?

Why was there no forced entry into the home?

Why was a pregnant woman beaten 30 times to her and her unborn son's death, yet her 2 1/2 year old daughter who witnessed part of the crime was cleaned up, cared for, and left alive?

Why was Michelle's purse that was sitting out in the open not stolen, but a wallet with $500 in it that was hidden in JY's closet was stolen?

Why was JY's closet gone through, but Michelle's was left untouched?

Why was the house not ransacked?

Why didn't the dog that stayed in the house go after the "stranger" who murdered Michelle?

Why does the timeline of JY stopping at Four Brothers in King fit perfectly?

Why did no cameras record JY going towards the breakfast area on Friday morning?

Why was the last person JY talked to before the murder and the second person (behind trying to reach his mom) he talked to after the murder MM?

Why did JY print off the MapQuest directions and the Coach purse from Ebay at around the same time and remembered to get one but forgot the other?

Why was JY so persistent about getting MF over to his house to pick up the Coach purse printout? He called twice and left messages, and he had his mom call once and leave a message.

Why didn't JY answer his MIL's 4 phone calls within the space of an hour when cell phone records show that he retrieved the two messages she left him? Why didn't he return those calls?

When JY arrived at his mother's home and his stepfather gave him the news about Michelle's death, why did JY fall "plumb to his knees?" No surprise, no denial, no insisting that they must have gotten the news wrong. Just immediate acceptance. Remember that when LF found out, she was so shocked she couldn't even cry because she couldn't accept it yet.

Why didn't JY help LE at all even with his lawyer present?

Why didn't JY take a polygraph exam to clear himself with LE? MF did.

Why didn't JY show up for the WDS?

Why didn't JY keep custody of his daughter and allow MF and LF visitation?

Why didn't JY ever offer an award leading to the arrest of conviction of Michelle's killer(s)? Her place of employment did 9 months later; I guess they figured JY wasn't ever going to.

Why did JY testify that he was working on his marriage when in fact he was having two affairs?

This is an open and shut case for me. JY has done everything in his power to make himself look guilty.

This is so excellent and exactly what the PT needs to do in closing arguments!

Gee, if I was looking for anything to do with a traffic accident injury and kept getting sports type things, I'd ehhh..........put in vehicle accident, head on collision etc.

but that's just me,
fran

To be clear, I think JY is guilty. I really do. But you are honestly saying that it is an irrefutable fact that CY was drugged on the night of the murder? That's something the prosecution isn't even willing to say.

Hi - I'm saying it's irrefutable that the medicine was left there that night/morning. At a minimum, it defies common sense to even believe that adult strength medicine would be left in the open in her room. Would it have been left there Halloween night? Nov. 1? Labor Day, for God's sake? Seriously, (and respectfully - I'm not arguing "at" you), how could anyone logically suggest and believe in their heart that the medicine is not connected to the crime.

That the medicine is there, and Cassidy Young's DNA is found, proves to me that she was drugged. Jason Young defenders have tried to argue it could've been another night, but common sense and BS meter start ringing loudly. That the medicine just happens to be found the day her mother is brutally murdered says to me it's connected to the crime. And because Jason Young knew that medicine, well, like I said...Jason's Hush Puppies plus Jason's medicine prove his guilt. And for the heartiest of cynics, 8-year-old Cassidy Young versus her name on a tombstone, leaves no doubt.

I agree with you Grammy Jean. That's compelling evidence. I think it's the best evidence the prosecution has offered yet. Because IF those shoes have to be his, then nothing else about him leaving the hotel matters, because it HAD to be done, and it doesn't matter if GC really saw JY, or if he propped the door open with a rock, because we know he left his footprints in the home.

I guess you and I are a great example of how two different minds think.

If I have a 100 piece puzzle, put it together, and at the end discover that 8 pieces are missing, I can still tell what the picture is. The 8 pieces don't bother me because it doesn't distort the picture.

Some people need the entire puzzle, and I am afraid that there is no criminal trial where all of the puzzle pieces are there - in other words, there's never a case without a true confession where all the questions are answered.

I don't think we will ever know the full story behind the size 10 Franklins because, imo, JY will take that to the grave.

1. Someonewearing a pair of shoes that match a model of which only 195 pairs were made in the worldwas in that house when Michelle Young's blood was shed. It's been proven that Jason Young purchased one of these 195 pairs of shoes and he claims they were donated to Goodwill. Think about the odds of this being a coincidence. Unless you are Bryan Collins, Esquire, a pair of size 12 Hush Puppy Orbitals left that print.

2. Whether Cassidy Young was drugged or not (I cannot believe I even have to offer that remote possibility, but okay) someoneleft that medicine in her room with her DNA on the dropper. Do you honestlysuggest that this might not be connected to the crime? I.e., that any other day of Cassidy Young's 2.5 years (at the time), you might expect to see adult strength medicine in her room, including drops on her furniture? This medicine is one that Jason Young was required to know in his former position as a pharma sales rep. Another piece of evidence that speaks volumes here.

Point 1 is much more convincing to me than point 2. It is implausible that with those statistics that someone else with the exact shoes, in the specific size, was in the house.

Unfortunately, it isn’t rare that parents give children adult medicine to put their kids to sleep. It is not inconceivable to me that MY was involved with the medicine.

Put "children overdose adult medicine” in a search engine and the results are amazing.

It is not an irrefutable fact that JY walked out of his hotel that morning. It doesn't need to be. We have the starting point - he was in. We have the end point - he was out. We can conclude that he walked out.

But what if the case hinged on whether he'd crawled out, or jumped out a window?

Not to get all philosophical, but how many things in our lives do we consider irrefutable facts that are actually logical inference?

The meds are a logical inference, IMO.

This case seems so staight forward to me. I cannot see JY as anything but guilty.

It is true that not all adulterers commit murder; however, most men who murder their wives have also committed adultery.

If anyone wants me to change my mind at this point, he/she is going to have to answer the following questions I have. And for the record, I don't think the questions can be reasonably answered.

It has been said that the security camera didn't show JY unplugging it or shoving it up; however, the security camera didn't show anyone unplugging it or shoving it up. That leaves the question, who was staying in the HI on Nov. 2, 2006 who needed the security camera unplugged at 11:20 pm and shoved up towards the ceiling at 6:35am the next morning?

Why was JY's shirt that he was seen wearing on the security camera at the front desk at midnight not in his luggage or in his vehicle the next evening? Clothing does not just disappear without a reason, and I cannot think of a logical reason for the shirt to be missing other than he threw it away.

How did a pair of Hush Puppy shoes with a unique sole just happen to be found in blood at the crime scene? A pair of HP with a unique sole that JY just happened to have owned.

Why would a man staying at the HI on the 4th floor leave his valuables unsecured twice to go downstairs because he worried about disturbing his neighbors by shutting his room door?

Why would a man go downstairs twice and prop open an exit door because that was more convenient than carrying his keycard with him?

Why was a pregnant woman beaten 30 times to her and her unborn son's death, yet her 2 1/2 year old daughter who witnessed part of the crime was cleaned up, cared for, and left alive?

Why was Michelle's purse that was sitting out in the open not stolen, but a wallet with $500 in it that was hidden in JY's closet was stolen?

Why didn't the dog that stayed in the house go after the "stranger" who murdered Michelle?

Why did no cameras record JY going towards the breakfast area on Friday morning?

Why was the last person JY talked to before the murder and the second person (behind trying to reach his mom) he talked to after the murder MM?

Why did JY print off the MapQuest directions and the Coach purse from Ebay at around the same time and remembered to get one but forgot the other?

Why was JY so persistent about getting MF over to his house to pick up the Coach purse printout? He called twice and left messages, and he had his mom call once and leave a message.

Why didn't JY answer his MIL's 4 phone calls within the space of an hour when cell phone records show that he retrieved the two messages she left him? Why didn't he return those calls?

When JY arrived at his mother's home and his stepfather gave him the news about Michelle's death, why did JY fall "plumb to his knees?" No surprise, no denial, no insisting that they must have gotten the news wrong. Just immediate acceptance. Remember that when LF found out, she was so shocked she couldn't even cry because she couldn't accept it yet.

Why didn't JY ever offer an award leading to the arrest of conviction of Michelle's killer(s)? Her place of employment did 9 months later; I guess they figured JY wasn't ever going to.

Why did JY testify that he was working on his marriage when in fact he was having two affairs?

This is an open and shut case for me. JY has done everything in his power to make himself look guilty.

This should be pinned every day on this board. All of this points to Jason Young in a simple, easy and beyond a reasonable doubt manner. Kudos.

Great post. ITA with everything you said! And one more that I think is to hard to get past... two items he wore the night of the crime go missing , the shirt with the horizontal stripe and the hp shoes. Now why did jy feel the need to go out and buy copy cats of these items after the murder??? And make sure he was seen in them? I think maybe little boys momma might have been in on the shirt!

Hi - I'm saying it's irrefutable that the medicine was left there that night/morning. At a minimum, it defies common sense to even believe that adult strength medicine would be left in the open in her room. Would it have been left there Halloween night? Nov. 1? Labor Day, for God's sake? Seriously, (and respectfully - I'm not arguing "at" you), how could anyone logically suggest and believe in their heart that the medicine is not connected to the crime.

That the medicine is there, and Cassidy Young's DNA is found, proves to me that she was drugged. Jason Young defenders have tried to argue it could've been another night, but common sense and BS meter start ringing loudly. That the medicine just happens to be found the day her mother is brutally murdered says to me it's connected to the crime. And because Jason Young knew that medicine, well, like I said...Jason's Hush Puppies plus Jason's medicine prove his guilt. And for the heartiest of cynics, 8-year-old Cassidy Young versus her name on a tombstone, leaves no doubt.

Thanks for clearing that up, I misunderstood what you were saying.

I think it could have been left in there at any point. These sales rep types think they're doctors, and can administer drugs left and right. Trust me, I've got several in my extended family... He may have even convinced MY that it was perfectly safe, "trust me, I know this" and given it to her at any time to help her "feel better." For all we know, the defense found a picture of her bedroom with the medicine exactly as it was dating weeks before the murder? You know both sides had to be looking for that kind of stuff.

I'm not saying that it's out of the realm of possibility that she was given the drug that night, but I do not believe that there has been any evidence offered to support that conclusion. And I don't think it's necessary to secure a guilty conviction. I think they've got that already.

But, I think we're just going to go around in circles here, and we really don't need to be. I see weaknesses in the prosecution case, but no case can be expected to be foolproof.

If I have a 100 piece puzzle, put it together, and at the end discover that 8 pieces are missing, I can still tell what the picture is. The 8 pieces don't bother me because it doesn't distort the picture.

Some people need the entire puzzle, and I am afraid that there is no criminal trial where all of the puzzle pieces are there - in other words, there's never a case without a true confession where all the questions are answered.

I don't think we will ever know the full story behind the size 10 Franklins because, imo, JY will take that to the grave.

I think you misread what I wrote. I completely agree! If he was in the home, which I think is proved by the hushpuppy testimony, then he left the hotel! That's all I need to know. If the first dot, and the last dot connect, I frankly don't care about anything in between.

What if there were 20 pieces missing?

30?

What if the puzzle was a picture of people but the missing pieces were the faces of some of the people? Would you be certain who was in the picture?

Two brothers who looked similar but had key features that were missing?

There are always weaknesses in cases. Unless there's a confession and a detailed account by the perp how he did it all, some interpretation has to be made. And some of that interpretation will be correct and other interpretation perhaps not.

It's very good that the standard is not "beyond a shadow of a doubt." Because then no one could ever be convicted.

Has the state proven it was JY who committed this murder beyond a 'reasonable doubt?' I think they have. I personally have no doubt he did it.

But then again, the jury is a whole 'nother beast and I would never assume anything when it comes to what a jury may decide.

What if there were 20 pieces missing?

30?

What if the puzzle was a picture of people but the missing pieces were the faces of some of the people? Would you be certain who was in the picture?

Two brothers who looked similar but had key features that were missing?

Then the puzzle would be, uhmmmmm, puzzling.

There are not nearly that many pieces missing in this case, at least for me.

The funniest thing as I sit here and posts the things I do about how guilty I believe JY to be, is that I served on a murder trial back in the late 90s in Chatham County (next door to Wake), and I was one of the defendant's strongest supporters during deliberations. We eventually found him not guilty.

I am not a person who views all defendants as guilty, but I sure as hell think JY is.

There are always weaknesses in cases. Unless there's a confession and a detailed account by the perp how he did it all, some interpretation has to be made. And some of that interpretation will be correct and other interpretation perhaps not.

It's very good that the standard is not "beyond a shadow of a doubt." Because then no one could ever be convicted.

Has the state proven it was JY who committed this murder beyond a 'reasonable doubt?' I think they have. I personally have no doubt he did it.

But then again, the jury is a whole 'nother beast and I would never assume anything when it comes to what a jury may decide.

It's pesky "reasonable" word.

But, I think we're just going to go around in circles here, and we really don't need to be. I see weaknesses in the prosecution case, but no case can be expected to be foolproof.

Ha ha...I'll be the first to admit I've been going around in circles forever on this case. :)

One of the ways I judge a case and each side, in addition to the evidence itself, is how much I have to suspend my common sense or twist myself (or bend reality, if you will) to make each theory fit.

The more I find I have to make excuses, or head into conspiracy territory, or even ignore evidence, the more implausible the theory is to me.

Goodnight all. It's been great debating. I hardly get to catch up enough to join in. Here's hoping to another great day in court for the PT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_thinking