State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-28-12

Status
Not open for further replies.
oops I forgot Demetrius. He will let us know JY was going to try and cheat a warranty company to pay for his broken house heater.

Well, quite frankly, this mock juror has tossed both Gracie and CB's testimony.

But I would still vote Guilty.

An eye witness who works at a gas station and sees hundreds of customers in the course of her shift, as opposed to a eye witness who lives on the same street for 21 years and sees 1 car with 2 people ?

No contest, CB wins easily.

JMO

IMHO, JY knew about MY's experience in college. He SHOULD have had empathy for her feelings and know she may have needed to talk to a professional about this.

He SHOULD HAVE, IF he had loved MY, known this was a traumatic event in her life and NOT blamed her for not giving him enough SEX! :mad:

FWIW, my friend's daughter who ended up marrying a man who abused her to almost the point of killing her, ................ she was raped just PRIOR to hooking up with her abuser AND he was sympathetic to what happened to her. He was one of a VERY few who knew about what happened to her. He didn't become abusive until 8 months after they were married.

So to me, it shows how they can spot the weak, and use that to THEIR advantage! :(

MY was a strong woman and independent, EXCEPT she was vulnerable to certain types of predators. Unfortunately, someone recognized her ONE weakness and used it against her.

Poor Michelle.................

JMHO
fran
BBM - Agreed!

Sociopaths don't feel empathy, and I'm personally convinced JY is a sociopath. Even in an email about how CY might feel knowing JY cheated on her mother, was still all about him. IIRC, he replied something like - yes, it will be hard for him.

Poor Michelle, and her children. Yes. Children.

IMO

An eye witness who works at a gas station and sees hundreds of customers in the course of her shift, as opposed to a eye witness who lives on the same street for 21 years and sees 1 car with 2 people ?

JMO
And I respect your opinion.

JMO

Did anyone yell at her and only pump 15 dollars worth of gas when paying for 20? Or stop and yell at her for going too slow or blocking their way. It was a situation one might remember.

This is probably a term everyone is using since they are mostly male but the newpaper person was a middle aged woman that testified to coming by the Young's home and every single light in the house was one and how unusual that was at that time of morning. And that there was a SUV type vehicle parked oddly in the yard/driveway and one across the street I think????I want to say she was around the 5:15 - 5:20 a.m. area as well. Anyone have a better memory than me and her name.

Does anyone wonder what, if any, impact the fact that the jury knows there was a previous trial will have on the outcome? I can see it hurting the PT, almost validation to the jury that there are valid reasons to have doubt - that a previous jury couldn't convict.

Thoughts?

So, he saw JY's relationship with his ex-fiance as VOLATILE!

Interesting. Everyone else didn't believe her, IIRCC. Well, that he would harm her physically. :(

JMHO
fran

I'm just amazed that JY would argue in front of friends and I guess family that he wasn't getting enough sex from Michelle! What a cruel and humiliating thing to do!
Precisely why he did it, I believe. In my opinion and experience it gives even further credence (as if needed) to JY being (at least) an emotional abuser. Not only does he get to vilify his wife but he also gets to incur sympathy. Poor, poor Jason.

My ex used to say the same - but only to other women. He'd tell men something else (not true) altogether to make them envious. So glad I am living on the other side of the Atlantic now! It was utterly humiliating hearing what he'd been telling people for years and facing those people. :blushing:

At any rate it's also proof to me that JY truly did not care one iota over what Michelle experienced in college either. It was all about Jason.

I have a friend whose cell phone and laptop were stolen from his vehicle and I've even asked him if he's heard anything from the police regarding the investigation. How do you NOT ask your close friend or relative what's happening regarding the brutal murder of that person's spouse? I just don't get it.

They are afraid of the answer or afraid of what the person will do to them, if they person realizes you know they are guilty.

Zinnggggggggggg...................

There's that insurance again!

:eek:
just sayin'
fran

Yes! he confirms that the way JY was going to get the insurance for the heating system, was like getting insurance AFTER a wreck!

Does anyone wonder what, if any, impact the fact that the jury knows there was a previous trial will have on the outcome? I can see it hurting the PT, almost validation to the jury that there are valid reasons to have doubt - that a previous jury couldn't convict.

Thoughts?

They will know that he was found responsible for Michelle's death in the civil case, and that a criminal trial was held previously. To me, it shows perseverance by the State to convict a killer, that the State is very convinced of his guilt.

I've never heard of these home warranties being offered on homes other than when you are buying or selling a new or used home; and then they only cover things for a short period of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX