State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-8-12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jason's alibi doesn't "hold" because he has no way to prove that he was actually there all night long.

That's not how it works. The prosecutor has to prove what they say he did; Jason does not have to prove anything.

They need to get her last testimony ready !!

This may not be pretty.

The defense seems to be handling the witnesses with kid-gloves ... so we'll see.

It won't be till tommorow until cross, I bet.

CRAP

The defense seems to be handling the witnesses with kid-gloves ... so we'll see.

I see that , but this is different.

OMG, she just said her friend told her about the MURDER before police got to her.

WTH???

Now, she is saying there were no cameras on the property?

Huh?

That's not how it works. The prosecutor has to prove what they say he did; Jason does not have to prove anything.

ITA. A piece that puzzles me is why the prosecution hasn't show security video of Jason ever entering or leaving the hotel. They have to have it yet they never show it.

JMO

I know what the defense is having for breakfast.

No, Jason doesn't have to prove anything, but it's still a FACT of the case that he has no proof he didn't leave the hotel. Think about it, he's been proven a liar, so why would the jurors believe that he didn't leave the hotel? Something the jurors will be well aware of when they deliberate his fate. ;)

Done for the day.

I thought Shelly was very damaging to the def.

Elmer was cute, but didn't get anything more out of his testimony than the other Hotel witnesses.

Gracie so far is doing well... so far.

It will be interesting to see cross tomorrow from what I am reading here.

See ya in the morning.

:)

Seemed like a normal examination to me. Much more thorough this time with the added visuals. Last time Gracie was nervous, this time around she knows what to expect.

Cammy, I understand you have a different view of this crime then the majority on here. Ok so you may believe there is reasonable doubt where most of us do not. BUT I don't understand your passion to cheer on Jason Young'. As Gracie said this is not a sporting event. Certainly I applaud people who have a passion for a cause but I do believe there are more worthy causes than that of Jason Young.

Only because this is the first witness I have found discrepancies with.

You have not seen me talk about any other witness so far.

What she just said is all wrong.

No, Jason doesn't have to prove anything, but it's still a FACT of the case that he has no proof he didn't leave the hotel. Think about it, he's been proven a liar, so why would the jurors believe that he didn't leave the hotel? Something the jurors will be well aware of when they deliberate his fate. ;)

Most folks asleep in their hotel room won't have proof they didn't leave. Fortunately, the burden of proof isn't on Jason.

If I was a juror deciding whether a guy was guilty or not, I'd want proof beyond a reasonable doubt that he had opportunity to do it.

JMO

Gracie seemed more coherent, more confident this time. The large posterboard photos really help illustrate the layout of everything and I am glad the state had those.

There is no doubt she had a customer she remembered, who cussed her out, who made enough of a scene that it stuck with her. She pointed out JY in the courtroom as that person and further identified the picture officers showed her the day after the murder.

According to her she didn't see the story on the news for at least a couple weeks after officers came to see her. She had a friend who told her something about a murder, but she didn't pay attention to this friend since this friend often "makes things up."

Only because this is the first witness I have found discrepancies with.

You have not seen me talk about any other witness so far.

What she just said is all wrong.

It will be interesting to see if she recalls tomorrow what she said today.

JMO

She said they weren't recording. I think we are watching the same trial?:waitasec:
Maybe its just me?

It's not just you, Distracted. You have it correct. You and I are watching the same trial! Fortunately we have video of this testimony (will be online later) and don't have to rely on anyone's impressions or nuances
spinning-top.gif
of what was testified to.

She's ready. ;)

Not if they go back to her original stmts and last trial testimony.

Now, she says she knew of the murder before she was interviewed?

Where did that come from?

Why would the jurors believe the prosecutors story that Jason did leave the hotel when they have no evidence to prove it? They are instructed to weigh the evidence shown in court and it is lacking to say the least. There is evidence that he checked into the hotel and got his receipt in the morning. It would be completely normal to be sleeping during the time between those two events.

The gas station clerk is not credible - after seeing this I'm not surprised that there was a hung jury in the last trial.

Well, I have to work out of town tomorrow so I will miss Gracie's cross. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for her. She is probably a very, very sweet person who has had a difficult life. I would love to get some makeup on her and do her hair up just a little bit, she has pretty features.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MildredVeraHolmes