State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-9-12

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's subjective. What's memorable to one person might be average to another. Gracie remembers the customer because he was rude, not because of his appearance. It may or may not have been Jason Young.

Doesn't he look 'memorable' to you???

Where's Cammy ? Don't want to miss Dr. Clark give the reason he decided not to do a rape kit test even tho LE requested it. She never could take my answer for the truth, although I was quoting Dr. Clark testimony from first trial !!

That's subjective. What's memorable to one person might be average to another. Gracie remembers the customer because he was rude, not because of his appearance. It may or may not have been Jason Young.

Excellent point.

Oh good grief! The teeth were not only knocked out of her, from the gum. Not all of them broken off, but they were able to fit them back into the appropriate socket. :mad:

Poor Michelle,
:(
fran

They were described as "avulsed" which I think means whole tooth complete with root attached ! Literally knocked out of her head.

During break, I'd like to take a minute and put a challenge to all watching this trial daily.

When watching another trial, we had an anonymous legal poster with a dedicated thread on that forum for answering legal aspects of the case. No discussion allowed, just Q & A. A few years later, we learned that anonymous poster was Chris Darden of OJ fame. Anyway, I learned a great deal from him, especially because it was the first case and trial I'd ever followed. I've never been on an actual jury, just into the jury box and dismissed by the judge after questioning by def/judge/pros(declined to question). I think it may have been a conflict of interest on my part, dunno for sure. But my daughter is a forensic chemist and I believe someone from her lab was a state's witness.

In trial, each juror usually has a 'hook' piece of evidence pointing towards guilt or innocence that they base their decision on. In other words, it was the BIGGEST point of the case, that each particular individual bases their decision on, that to them, there was NO DOUBT. It could be as simple as say, Gracie's testimony, ADDED to what may come later in trial.

See, you can't make your judgment on one piece of evidence, but the totality of the evidence. It's like a big puzzle and that 'hook' may be the defining piece that means the puzzle is complete.

Just for each, why not take notes, # each point, guilty or innocent. Then as the trial nears an end, or during deliberations, and review your findings, see what you can come up with. Oh, and pick your hook!

Not mandatory, but just something different. There won't be a grade and no one gets a prize. Well, except a little more knowledge or whatever, on how juries come to their conclusions.

Just, fyi and fwiw,
fran
:)

You haven't heard from me lately as I have been pondering the significance, as asserted by some, of the testimony relating to the color of "things" and the relevance of what was coming out of the printer, as offered yesterday by the HI manager. I'm sure the reason for those questions will be forthcoming. Surely HC did not ask them just to anger the jury with what appeared to me to be completely senseless questions. Along the lines of asking the sheriff LT if he had ever been to a particular hospital in Va. Gosh, that it was his first time is clearly going to pay a huge role in closing arguments.

Don'tcha reckon its an under-the-radar nod to the fact that he'd never been there before but managed just fine not to get lost, unlike JY who did manage to get lost and be late for an appointment that was, ostensibly, so very important.

God bless you Gracie.......{mod snip} Klinko just showed his lame attempt to discredit her testimony.

Over 30 blows to the head/neck/hands. Michelle suffered at the hands of Slayer and ultimately died. Central Prison is waiting..........

He looks memorable to me because I've been following this case.

Well, after my first 'look' of him... I wouldn't have forgotten his 'looks' :kilroy: .
But then again, I pay attention to such stuff.

ITA. <modsnip> so while I'm sure the jury doesn't doubt she is sincere, I don't know how they could possibly find her credible.

JMO

Gracie sincerely believes she saw Slayer and the jury WILL find her indeed credible.

<modsnip>

I overslept............

Was the witness in the store the regular customer or the newspaper delivery person?

Gracie sincerely believes she saw Slayer and the jury WILL find her indeed credible...

The first jury apparently questioned her credibility. So we will have to wait and see what this jury thinks about her credibility.

He looks memorable to me because I've been following this case.

Me too.......otherwise, he would not stand out in a crowd, except for his height, I would probably just think preppy b~ball type.

Nothing outstanding, average, but not someone I would remember.

I don't recall the 1st jury members saying anything about the case hanging on her testimony alone.

Me too.......otherwise, he would not stand out in a crowd, except for his height, I would probably think preppy bball type.

Nothing outstanding, average, but not someone I would remember.

So you are working as a clerc, someone gives you trouble, then leaves without pumping their full amount they paid... but he wouldn't 'stand out' to you??? His face looks nothing preppy to me, unless the wicked witch of the west face looks preppy in some way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oceandreamer753