State vs Jason Lynn Young 6-10-11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Direct evidence in a murder could be eyewitness account of the actual crime, but not just seeing someone near the site of the murder. I believe that seeing JY at the gas pump is not direct evidence of his guilt in the murder so it is circumstantial by definition. I don't think anyone expected to have direct evidence in either JY or BC's case.

Yes, forensic evidence seems to be expected in all cases now. Combined with other evidence, forensics can be very powerful circumstantial evidence. In regard to Gracie, I thought she did a good job although she got a little confused on height. Do we not do lineups or multiple pics anymore when asking a witness to identify an individual?Just wondered.

Not being at all suggestive, they asked what vehicle he was driving. Her immediate response of "white SUV type" is huge. 5:30AM in King NC, regular customers are the norm (not off interstate).
Having a smart *advertiser censored* jerk like JLY curse her and not even get his $5.00 change (very odd), would certainly plant into her memory---just like the young girl that was refused alcohol disrespected her and she clearly remembered.

Of course, there is direct evidence in this case, but it appears it won't be admitted.
"Daddy did it" came from a 2 1/2 year old that apparently witnessed her mom and brother's massacre by her own father.

You know, I honestly can't hear the "daddy did it". I heard something that sounded like Daddy. Did you enhance that audio to hear it, or do I have bad ears?

You know, I honestly can't hear the "daddy did it". I heard something that sounded like Daddy. Did you enhance that audio to hear it, or do I have bad ears?

http://www.wral.com/news/local/audio/1119462/

Towards the end.
911 operator is now calling WCSO - phone ringing- CY is jabbering and says:
"Daddy did it"----MF says "ok"(obviously didn't register at the time)

Just curious, but are Jason's mother or sisters in the courtroom?
Has Linda Fisher been present?

There is no good explanation, since Jason had a lot of travelling yet to do.

Police should have shown her a line up of 6 photos and asked if she recognized any of them as having bought gas recently. http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t189/zed0101/?action=view&current=Young-Map-Car-2.gif

You do realize the cops stopped at *every* convenience store and gas station along routes Jason could have taken, right? Do you think, when LE is looking for a particular person, attempting to determine whether or not they have been seen somewhere, that they take along a complete 'line up' to show to each and every person they attempt to question? That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard in my life.

Just curious, but are Jason's mother or sisters in the courtroom?
Has Linda Fisher been present?

Pat Young is a fixture, along with her best friend, BG & daughter, JGD
JLY's sisters have been MIA.
Yes, both Fisher's have been present for every proceeding. In addition Linda's mother and sister from NY have also attended the trial.

Thanks JTF. I heard it then. I had tried to hear it from an earlier comments in the tape but couldn't. That is pretty powerful and yet profoundly sad.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/audio/1119462/

Towards the end.
911 operator is now calling WCSO - phone ringing- CY is jabbering and says:
"Daddy did it"----MF says "ok"(obviously didn't register at the time)

Can you give a time? I'm trying as hard as I can to hear it, but I just can't make it out. I hear the "boo boos" and "washcloth" and "dirty" but I just can't pick up "Daddy did it." It would probably help if I had kids and could translate kid gibberish!!

Wolfpack Woman, You have to go to the end of the tape where the phone is ringing for the WCSO. No questions were asked. CY says Daddy did it.

Wolfpack Woman, You have to go to the end of the tape where the phone is ringing for the WCSO. No questions were asked. CY says Daddy did it.

Thank you. I definitely heard "Daddy ___ __" and Meredith's "okay." I can't positively say it's "Daddy did it." But I'm sure it's the kind of thing that could be enhanced to remove all noise except CY's voice. Man would that be powerful.

If you listen to it a couple of times, I think you will hear the "did it" I had to listen a few times. And yes, I bet it could be enhanced. It is powerful. JTF is to thank for the info.

Gracie, you do point up good reasons not to use a lot of pics at each store. That was very intense work on their part. I am impressed and so should everyone else. Picking out his vehicle though was great response. JY should have been nice to her and she might not have remembered him so well.

Thank you. I definitely heard "Daddy ___ __" and Meredith's "okay." I can't positively say it's "Daddy did it." But I'm sure it's the kind of thing that could be enhanced to remove all noise except CY's voice. Man would that be powerful.

It just knocks the wind right out of me, when I hear that little voice. That's why the youngs would never leave the child alone with Linda or Meredith. Too bad it took, what was it, a year or more, before they could talk to the child alone? That child should have been interviewed by a child psychologist immediately. Imagine what she would have said, in her sweet innocence. And then counseled, helped with the horrific sights she saw and heard that night and the following morning. Poor baby.

It just knocks the wind right out of me, when I hear that little voice. That's why the youngs would never leave the child alone with Linda or Meredith. Too bad it took, what was it, a year or more, before they could talk to the child alone? That child should have been interviewed by a child psychologist immediately. Imagine what she would have said, in her sweet innocence. And then counseled, helped with the horrific sights she saw and heard that night and the following morning. Poor baby.

Yes, but by the time they could begin to get that rolling (remember it was Saturday afternoon), JLY had obtained 'possession' of this eyewitness. From 9:30PM on 11-3-06, JYL did not allow any unattended access to CY (other than his Brevard protectors)...not the Fishers, not the cops. Short of a court order, such an interview w/CY would have required the permission of JLY. I guess they weighed the circumstances and decided not to pursuit a court order because of her very young age and such a reminder could further traumatize her...MOO

Of course, there is direct evidence in this case, but it appears it won't be admitted.
"Daddy did it" came from a 2 1/2 year old that apparently witnessed her mom and brother's massacre by her own father.

How is it not admitted? The 911 call was played. If they heard it, it's there. Or are you saying someone won't be allowed to say what they are supposed to hear?

How is it not admitted? The 911 call was played. If they heard it, it's there. Or are you saying someone won't be allowed to say what they are supposed to hear?

Very few have heard "daddy did it", unless directed to the exact spot on the recording and asked to listen carefully to that part. Sure, the jury will have an opportunity to listen to every syllable in the jury room if they so desire.
When I said "not admitted", I was referring to the state making specific reference to the utterance as evidence.

Well, the tape was played. Whether they caught it or not, I don't know. I had to hear it several times and have JTF tell me where it was to hear that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member