State vs Jason Lynn Young 6-15-11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aggressive cross-examination is not out of the norm in a murder trial. Judge decides if something is 'badgering' or not. A defense team who is sleazy usually tries sleazy and questionable tactics and causes a chain reaction, as expected. For instance, arguing over and over when a motion has already been ruled on. J.S. would likely hold someone in contempt and fine them. J.G. was too permissive.

There's a difference between aggressive cross examination and suggesting the the neigbor mom is lying or that she is speaking as a child psychologist.

JS takes no crap. A tough but soft talking and older judge tends to garner more respect. The tougher the judge the more respect people seem to have for him/her. The more rules the judge imposes on the proceedings, the more people believe the judge is fair.

Looser judges who give more latitude get more disrespect, from what I've noticed. Not just in this county, I've noticed this in other trials too. People respect tight boundaries.

Hair roots ... what next ... 47A-F ... from trace ...

JS takes no crap. A tough but soft talking and older judge tends to garner more respect. The tougher the judge the more respect people seem to have for him/her. The more rules the judge imposes on the proceedings, the more people believe the judge is fair.

Looser judges who give more latitude get more disrespect, from what I've noticed. Not just in this county, I've noticed this in other trials too. People respect tight boundaries.

He seems very gentle, consistent and patient. Geisner seemed like he was having tantrums half the time - sleeping ...

JS is also extremely fair and rules with no bias. He is known for his equality and fairness but firmness. All of those make him more respected.

I guess the clump of hair all came from Michelle.

Yes, he does 'seem' gentle. Get his dander up though and you'll see a can of whoop *advertiser censored* opened. This is a man who sentences criminals to death. He is tough as steel.

I recommend the court not appoint a juror who has no direct transportation to the courthouse again. Kind of a given if they have to depend on a ride from some 3rd party person in a trial lasting longer than a week, there will come a day that ride doesn't work out.

:doh:

ITA -- If they don't already, the Justice/Courts Dept (or whatever the proper body name is called) should add "dependable transportation" to the list of standard items that are addressed to each prospective juror.

It was clear that JS was not happy about this, and he added that he would not have qualified that juror for that reason had he known. Yeah, the judge is a bit peeved. He likes smoothness and getting on with things -- and it is to everyone's benefit that he does. :blushing: :blowkiss: (And yes, Mad74, my teeny-tiny crush rages on... :loveyou: )

Major piece of evidence in my opinion. No origin of this hair source.

When JS looks up and watches the gallery, he reminds me of my father and the way he looked up over his glasses when I was young. That look freezes you in place and you immediately stop doing whatever it is you're doing (and you don't do it again).

But have they asked anyone about their facebook page?

While interviewing the last alternate juror chosen they asked if he had a Facebook page. He said he does.

Kurtz was not sleezy.

We'll have to agree to disagree. IMO, MOO, *most* attorney's who defend murderers are sleezy IMO. Think about it. The majority of those arrested, charged and tried of crimes are guilty of those crimes. The nature of the job of a defense attorney, is to find some way, ANY way, to get their client OFF. They do it daily. Could you personally sit beside somebody like JLY on a daily basis, attempting to find a way to get them *off*? Me, I couldn't do it. I couldn't separate myself from a particularly heinious crime, and try to get the person off that far more likely than not, did that crime. Look at how *most* people still to this day, every time they see O.J. Simpson, remember that Nicole Brown's neck was sliced so badly she was nearly decapitated. John Couey, the child rapist and killer, somebody worked hard to try to get him off, same with Joseph Duncan, the rapist and killer of Dylan Groene, and most of his entire family. Somebody worked hard to get him bail, allowing him to be *out* to be able to kill the Groene family, kidnap their two youngest children, and rape and torture those children. Me, I just couldn't live with myself, knowing 'hey, I got that guy out on bond for another incident of child sexual abuse, so he could fulfill his lifetime dream of the groene crimes.' Yeah, it's a job, and somebody's gotta do it, but I think those *somebodies* are sleezy. JMO MOO

Yes, he does 'seem' gentle. Get his dander up though and you'll see a can of whoop *advertiser censored* opened. This is a man who sentences criminals to death. He is tough as steel.

And does so without regret or emotion. He can be extremely steely and doesn't like cold-blooded killers. I've always liked Judge Stephens. You know he had a twin brother, also a judge but I believe he's retired now. Isn't it Ronald Stephens? Donald and Ronald?

GL, some defense attorneys are sleezy, but others defend their client without being sleezy. IMO. I have seen both. Because Kurtz offered a vigorous defense does not mean he is sleezy. I have seen prosecutors who were equally vigorous and bordering on sleezy. I do admire your ethics though, but lumping all defense attorneys as sleezy is as bad as saying all prosecutors are highly ethical.

There's a difference between aggressive cross examination and suggesting the the neigbor mom is lying or that she is speaking as a child psychologist.

As I said in the "discussion with a juror" thread, my neighbor was really upset about that cross by Boz.

I think It was one of the hairs submitted from the crime scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500