State vs Jason Lynn Young: weekend discussion 11-12 Feb 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prosecutors need to ask him about those when he testifies again(I think he will) - there really is no excuse to not have been prepared the first time to question him. As someone else mentioned, in the Casey Anthony trial they were prepared right from the start. I've always thought preparing for the defendant to testify was standard procedure for prosecutors *just in case*.

The prosecution dropped the ball completely in the first trial. I never will understand why they left out so much of the evidence/witnesses, either. Hoping they have got it together this time. I will say because Jason used his right to remain silent, pros couldn't have prepared fully, but all the posters on various boards could have cross examined him better than Holt did.

I want to know of the 49 rooms occupied, how many entered to their rooms say between the hours of 4am to 6am after leaving around 12am. Seems like most would be coming in at 12am and leaving at 6am, instead of leaving at 12 and returning at 6. I guess that hotel did not use key cards huh?

He could have cleaned up at the home and then dried the shower taking towels and clothes with him to dispose on the trip back to the hotel.
I can see how he had no defensive wounds. He struck while she was sleeping!!! When I was 5 months preggers with a toddler I slept like a ROCK!
BBM
Good point, that is exactly what should have been checked out. I wonder if they ever thought of checking other hotel guests key cards between those times. That would actually determine if Jason was the only one roaming around at the times the cameras were messed with too. GREAT IDEA, it really doesn't look like LE checked that or they'd have had him right there.

I wonder how much of this will show up at trial. (The things we chat on here about have an uncanny way of making their way into the court rooms here.)

Let's hope they are reading message boards, they didn't seem to have done alot of the things talked about on boards the first time around. I know several posters on different boards actually comprised lists of things left out in the first trial, and sent them to Becky Holt.

Shelley Schaad testified that before he left for his business trip while she was at the house, he told her about going to Cracker Barrel and that he would be back for the NC state game.

Shelley did testify to this, but that of course doesn't really mean that Jason did intend to be back for the game. Just because he said it doesn't mean he meant it. As Shelley also testified she was caught off guard why he was telling her all the details of his trip. IMO it probably would have been very odd if Jason didn't say he was going to be back for the game. Since he was clearly all about those games.

Moo moo moo moo

Yes esp. since he had off all day Thursday and chose not leave to for his trip till after 7 that night. It still remains big on my list of CE and premeditation that he didn't leave earlier in the day and stay at a hotel close to his meeting in Clintvlile!

Yes! This is at the top of my list. I'm still waiting to hear any kind of explanation as to why he didnt stay at a hotel closer to where his meeting was?? This I do not understand. Well, I have my opinions of course why he chose to stay where he did. Though I want to hear Jason's explanation.

Moo moo moo moo

Some may not like it, but there's human emotions in play when a SO is first in contact with LE. It can be as simple as saying they're fishing 90 miles from home on Christmas eve, when there are 100's of much closer watering holes, yet they'd told others that were at the scene, they'd been golfing. Or, it could be the person's demeanor, like hanging up on LE when they're first talking to you about your deceased spouse or your refusal to even listen to what LE has to say, much less talk to them from the get go.

So if LE considered JY a POI from the get go, he brought it on himself. It only went down-hill from there. But don't be fooled that they gave him that label, because just as they had to have all their i's dotted and t's crossed before they could arrest him, they also had to eliminate anyone else, first as well. The problem is, the 'evidence' always pointed back to Jason.

JMHO
fran

It seems pretty obvious that THE FIRST PERSON to ever consider JY a person of interest was JY himself.

Something I wonder about is the clean up. Would a murderer have come in with their own towels, prepared for a lot of blood? And some sort of bag to put things in to take it all away in? That's a lot of trouble for a random murderer who really just wanted to come in and steal some jewelry.

If there was more blood than what a killer was prepared for, would a random murderer have known where to find towels for clean up? Were towels missing from the Young house? Wouldn't a random killer have had to leave blood all over the place looking for stuff?

IMO - That there weren't killer footprints all over the upstairs, despite a clean-up effective enough to leave but one small blood smear downstairs - either somebody came in there totally prepared to clean up behind themselves because it was supposed to be a murder - not a robbery - or they knew where everything was. If towels were missing, how would anybody know that but JY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member