State vs Jason Young 2-17-2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never mind - I was wondering if there was a Dollar General or Family Dollar located right next to the Cracker Barrel where he stopped for food that night - none that I could find.

If he bought shoes for a throwaway - he'd get cheap ones.... But it does not appear that there was an easy opportunity to grab any when walking out of CB....

There is one at the corner of Lake Wheeler and Tryon Road. Didn't they live off of Lake Wheeler?

Jason normally wore size 12 or 13 shoes, and size 46 european size. I can't imagine that he owned a size 10 pair of shoes at any time prior to the murder.

size 12- 13 brand name shoes.
No way he would have had size 10 Franklin shoes in his closet..imo

JTF, Hope that you are well today

I agree. The size 10 Franklins were not hanging around in his closet. If he did it, they were shoes obtain specifically for the murder.

If I type franklin shoes + price into google, they don't exactly cost a dollar or two. Why are we assuming that the shoes were practically free?

The accomplice thing bothers me. However, I think his hotel behavior, shoes at the scene, and post crime behavior say he was there to me. I think he had gloves on and the too small shoes b/c those would be the only things leaving a trace possibly. He changed out and wanted to leave, HP's on, and had to go recover CY from the scene (maybe not for the first time) and so left tracks of the HP he hadn't planned to leave.

No telling if he (or whoever) was wearing those shoes when the killer left the 2nd floor.

If we assume that he was wearing gloves, how do we connect the print evidence on the closet door moulding?

JTF, Hope that you are well today

I agree. The size 10 Franklins were not hanging around in his closet. If he did it, they were shoes obtain specifically for the murder.

Could be, but not sure he thought about leaving bloody foot prints at all.
(assumed he planned a knockout blow and strangulation).

His house, his prints would be there. I don't understand why the PT thinks this is important.

If we assume that he was wearing gloves, how do we connect the print evidence on the closet door moulding?

Maybe it existed anyway. It's a fair point his dna, prints, etc. could be found there guilt or not. Or, bloody gloves had been put in go pack w franklins, hp's on, and then he has to recover CY (again?) from the scene. Honestly, though, not sure at all.

25 lifts (prints) Jason. 19 lifts Michelle. Others as well - the Fishers
Not sure why this matters? :waitasec:

Where is the prosecution going with this?

Does this jury know the outcome of the civil trial?

Absolutely not. There is a different burden of proof in a civil trial, and to put it into evidence in the criminal trial would create a presumption that is not meant to be there. I doubt, if JY hadn't relinquished control of CY, that they would even know the results of a custody determination.

Due to the very small numbers of size 10 prints - I simply can't get my head around an accomplice. I don't think he'd be able to find someone who would be able to keep this secret and no money appears to be missing to hire a professional.

However - the gas DOES bother me. If he had topped off with cash near the Hampton upon his arrival - he would have been able to get back and forth without any stopping. Then - he could get gas in the AM as part of his morning meeting prep. Paying with cash is a huge risk. It's EASY to pay with a CC - and even some gas stations that appear CLOSED will still work with a CC. Cash requires face to face interaction with a real person - a witness. Regardless if he was nasty - it's not a busy time of night (mid - 6 AM) esp along this route (he'd have been better off stopping at a truck stop off I-40...) he's potentially memorable.

If he bought shoes as a way to introduce reasonable doubt - getting gas during normal hours or at busier places I think would have been thought out. It's the one thing that doesn't make sense to me.

However - at the same time, I believe Gracie's interaction with him - as his demeanor fits someone not happy with having to stop, etc. and potentially coming down off a murderous rampage.

BBM. People who go on murderous rampages such as Michelle's murder do not "come down" from them. They exhibit clear personality characteristics that don't simply disappear. I work in an environment with convicted killers every day and those who have engaged in extreme violence continue to have serious problems in prison. Jason Young does not have a violent profile.

JMO

If I type franklin shoes + price into google, they don't exactly cost a dollar or two. Why are we assuming that the shoes were practically free?

I think everyone was assuming that compared to the other shoes in his closet they were on low end. u can pick them up at dollar stores and walmart. just guessing. moo

Okay. Going back to the second person theory. What if it's someone who did hear the murders and for whatever reason wants no part of it? (I.E. a trailer park traveler) Not an accomplice. Someone who walked in, saw the mess and got out of dodge.

It's a little far fetched to believe they would want to not be a part enough for serious enough reasons not to talk to the police. But, maybe they just didn't want to be suspected of it?

Maybe it existed anyway. It's a fair point his dna, prints, etc. could be found there guilt or not. Or, bloody gloves had been put in go pack w franklins, hp's on, and then he has to recover CY (again?) from the scene. Honestly, though, not sure at all.

Exactly, maybe evidence on the moulding was there well before the murder ... so if he was wearing gloves, to explain some evidence, we can't have him not wearing gloves to explain other evidence. We either have to exclude the print on the moulding, or exclude him wearing gloves.

BBM. People who go on murderous rampages such as Michelle's murder do not "come down" from them. They exhibit clear personality characteristics that don't simply disappear. I work in an environment with convicted killers every day and those who have engaged in extreme violence continue to have serious problems in prison. Jason Young does not have a violent profile.

JMO

I have read that men that murder their wives often do so because of the pressures of the marriage and that immediately after the murder, they feel a complete sense of relaxed relief - along the lines of having solved the problem. Neil Entwhistle is a good example of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500