State vs Jason Young 2-17-2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
See what happens when I go away? Geeze... just a couple of little things and I lost the feed and it won't come up!

They have daily videos of the court room testimony on wral for replay. I've tried to post the links in the media thread. I'll try and do today's once they get it all up.

hth,
fran

I agree :) But I am just thinking that if it was Jason he would've known how to secure her in her room...using a key or something against her door....he surely wouldn't have risked the chance of letting Cass watch him beat her mum to death. That's just bizarre.

She was probably asleep when it all started and the noise woke her up. I have the sad belief that this wasn't the first time she awoke to arguments between her parents in the past. This time, it was the worst.

I agree :) But I am just thinking that if it was Jason he would've known how to secure her in her room...using a key or something against her door....he surely wouldn't have risked the chance of letting Cass watch him beat her mum to death. That's just bizarre.

he probably didn't think he'd end up having to make that much noise. he thought strangulation was enuf to do her in. IMO

How truly sad that she no doubt saw part or all of this murder.

One more quick thought there were three dolls she could have used. So can we infer from this no accomplice.

2 things

1. Based on the looks of the "lovoing family dolls" - if that is what these are - I think the grandma dolls are slightly androgynous. Want to find the purple tracksuit doll, though.

2. There WERE 3 dolls available of this same "type" - and yet she only showed 2 dolls re-enacting the scene - perp and victim.

Even without the statement about Daddy and the fruit snacks - I think this is very damning to the defense. Esp the part about her being removed for that daycare very shortly thereafter.

Defense is also not going to be able to hammer this witness - she's too emotional and it's tied too closely to CY - so it would come across poorly if they did.

Potential game change, IMO. And why would they not have worked hard to get this in prior???? The day care worker called LE right away - so this information was well known by the PT....

CY may have woken up because of noise. This couldn't have been a completely silent attack. Perhaps her door was closed, but she heard a commotion and went in to see what was going on.

just a thought,
fran

That could be fran. Mommy doll was up, getting hit, mommy doll was on the bed getting hit, and then mommy doll was on the floor. Mommy doll never said anything. Perhaps 'hitting doll' told CY 'mommy was getting spanked for biting?' One of my children, and one of my grandchildren were both occasional biters, around CY's *age*. And that was about the only thing they ever got *spanked* for doing, biting other kids. Would be something a child that age could comprehend. BITE = SPANK

The thing that stands out most for me: screams out to me in fact, is that CY did not identify the male doll as daddy.

I can't see past that!

The 'other doll' is wearing an outfit but notice...there was a white stripe across the top. Now who else had on a pullover top with a stripe across the front?

To me it looks like a genderless doll to a 2.5 yr old. dark ponytail would look female to a small child. Taller doll with short hair (light colored or gray short hair) could represent a male.

I missed that part, unfortunately, of the forecast of the testimony.

Given the judge said the day care worker cannot testify for purposes of identity and his reservation on the the objection to statements, it's iffy.

If that comes in, then wow!

wral.com is reporting the following, "He said that she also talked about there being animals in a barn and her "daddy brought them fruit snacks."

It makes it more probable, IMHO, that CY was enclosed in the bathroom for a short period of time while the killer finished the job and cleaned up, etc. Because, to me anyway, it looks as if CY sat on the floor for a time, and to keep herself occupied, she made those footprints on the wall. She was probably fascinated by the prints, not realizing in her two year old mind it was her mom's blood.:(

JMHO
fran

I think she was probably, as someone else said, kicking on that closed bathroom door with her feet, wanting out. :(

wral.com is reporting the following, "He said that she also talked about there being animals in a barn and her "daddy brought them fruit snacks."

Per Judge, that will not come in.

Still think this is a random killer who just wandered in to the Young home that night? (this question is to those who think it wasn't JY)

That "old woman" doll is a lot taller than the "Mommy" doll. The Mommy doll looks a lot like her Mommy. I think it's a win for the prosecution that they're going to allow the testimony in about what the daycare teacher saw when CY was playing. It's damning imo. JY is going DOWN!

Keep in mind that I believe JY is guilty. However, what is allowed from the teacher is for her to describe the actions of CY. She will be allowed to show how one doll was hitting a second doll. At most this indicates that CY saw the murder but it does not indicate who. Correct?

IMO if it was a stranger "spanking mommy" I think she would have said "bad man or bad woman" but the fact that she didn't speaks volumes to me.

Also for anyone who thinks that a father wouldn't kill his wife in front of his child, let me remind you of two cases off the top of my head.

Steven Grant: murdered his wife Tara
their two children witnessed the murder of their mother and told their Aunt about it right after he was convicted. Aunt had custody by that point.

Josh Powell: Susan has been missing for 2 yrs
their two children witnessed as well, started speaking about it in school and with grandparents ... We all know how that has sadly ended.

The children might be young but they know what happened.

My heart goes out to the daycare teacher who has been holding this "secret" in for 5.5 yrs now.

She finally got to speak about it and Michelle's birthday no less.

RIP Michelle, your baby girl said what you couldn't

I think the judge made a wise decision on what to allow into testimony. He is a wise man!

Young children string many things together in conversation....and that is just too open to suggestion...the barn animals....daady bought fruit bars.
I teach kids...and I've heard their stories...and time frames getting all jumbled up.

She had just woken up again, too...from her nap.

The re-enactment of what Cass probably saw is crucial and should be in.

Per Judge, that will not come in.

Glad to hear that. I don't think it would do the prosecution any good at all since it sounds fantastical. As some have said, it could relate to what JY did with her when he put her back to bed.

That could be fran. Mommy doll was up, getting hit, mommy doll was on the bed getting hit, and then mommy doll was on the floor. Mommy doll never said anything. Perhaps 'hitting doll' told CY 'mommy was getting spanked for biting?' One of my children, and one of my grandchildren were both occasional biters, around CY's *age*. And that was about the only thing they ever got *spanked* for doing, biting other kids. Would be something a child that age could comprehend. BITE = SPANK

My thoughts as well. She assumed it was for biting because that's what she knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member