Sweden- Saga Forsgren Elneborg, 20, 7 months pregnant, strangled to death, by Mohamedamin Abdirisek Ibrahim, 22, April '23 *Poss. honour killing*

dotr

Reaction score
By MIRIAM KUEPPER 4 April 2024
1712239009736.png
Saga Forsgren Elneborg (pictured), 20, was strangled to death with a lamp cord in her flat in the Swedish city of Örebro - allegedly by her boyfriend, Mohamedamin Abdirisek Ibrahim, local media report
'A seven-month-pregnant woman has been murdered by her boyfriend in a suspected honour killing, police in Sweden say.

Saga Forsgren Elneborg, 20, was found strangled to death - possible with a lamp cord - at home in the city of Örebro - which is two hours from the capital Stockholm.

Prosecutors claim that her boyfriend, Mohamedamin Abdirisek Ibrahim, 22, from Somalia, killed her in April last year rather than face the shame of introducing the mother of his child to his Muslim family.'
1712239052589.png

''They said Ibrahim grew up believing that he "must date a woman of the same culture" and dating a "white" woman was "not okay".
Saga and Ibrahim had been together for two years - a relationship he concealed from his mother, they said.''

She continued: "I mean that the murder took place in an honour context because the man wanted to preserve or restore his and his family's honour by killing the woman who was carrying his child."

Text messages between the two showed Ibrahim telling Saga in April last year that he would tell his family about their relationship and their expected child.

Saga died later the same night.

In the messages, Ibrahim said he was nervous about telling his family. He wrote: "Feels like I can almost feel my heartbeat all the way down to my stomach."
Saga told him in response that "it will be fine".
Prosecutors say Ibrahim then went to Saga's flat and "violently" strangled her to death, Aftonbladet reported.''

''They said Ibrahim grew up believing that he "must date a woman of the same culture" and dating a "white" woman was "not okay".
Saga and Ibrahim had been together for two years - a relationship he concealed from his mother, they said.''

She continued: "I mean that the murder took place in an honour context because the man wanted to preserve or restore his and his family's honour by killing the woman who was carrying his child."

Text messages between the two showed Ibrahim telling Saga in April last year that he would tell his family about their relationship and their expected child.

Saga died later the same night.

In the messages, Ibrahim said he was nervous about telling his family. He wrote: "Feels like I can almost feel my heartbeat all the way down to my stomach."
Saga told him in response that "it will be fine".
Prosecutors say Ibrahim then went to Saga's flat and "violently" strangled her to death, Aftonbladet reported.''

ABHORRENT!!!!

moo. ugh. edit to add bbm

I despise the term “honor killing”. He killed her because he thought his parents would disapprove. Because she wasn’t Muslim. So, can that technically be considered a hate crime? Killing someone based on their beliefs/non-beliefs?

Man-oh-man...this is just the most disgusting/depressing crime! A "chicken shot" Mama's boy didn't want his
family to know about pregnant girlfriend? Or that he had been in a relationship with her for two years?
Well guess what...Mommy will now know you are a murdering coward who also killed his own child. While Swedish prison time for murderers is far too lenient, in my opinion, he won't fair well in prison. If he thought telling his Momma about girlfriend was tough....all his new ones will have moustaches.
Sorry,,,but this guy is useless, IMO. Total disgust.

Last edited:
OK, if we stop using the descriptor "honor killing" to classify a motive or type of murder then we should also stop using the descriptor "hate crime."

Premeditated murder and honor killing are not mutually exclusive.

MOO. MOO. MOO.
This article pretty much explains why I hate that term and think it's unnecessary

This article pretty much explains why I hate that term and think it's unnecessary

Thank you, just had an aha moment after reading this bit, NOW i get it, quite right! imo.
(But do i have to bug a mod now to change the dishonorable word from the thread heading?)

''Every time the term "honour killing" is used, we view the murder of women through the eyes of their killers. By adding the word "honour" to killing, we use the language of those who justify this odious crime on the basis of "honourable" motives. We use the language of their excuses. We must stop doing this.

Linguistic labels matter. The term "honour killing" not only cedes too much power to the perpetrator, but is offensive to survivors and women. Instead, we need to see the crime through the eyes of those attacked, because these acts of gender violence attack something more than women's bodies, something precarious and precious: the challenge by thousands of courageous young women around the world to oppressive patriarchy and stultifying social convention. In this sense, they are an attack on us all.''

The accused and Honour
are 2 opposites.

Let me guess...

I bet there was a bride waiting for him approved by his family in his country of origin
while he was leading the life of a playboy in another country.

The first red flag was his demand for abortion of the baby.

RIP to the victim and the wee unborn lad :(
Condolences to Family.

JMO

Last edited:

"Sister of pregnant woman 'murdered by Somalian refugee boyfriend in suspected honour killing'

heard her mother's screams over the phone as she found Saga's corpse with lamp cord around her neck.

:(

Ms Elneborg told police that Amin had largely kept his relationship with Saga secret from his family on account of him being a devout Muslim, and Saga being Christian.

The mother said she had also only met Amin around three times,
despite her daughter being seven months pregnant with his baby at the time of her death."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2
Back