Teen punished for recording alleged bullying...

MagicRose99

Watch out for my thorns!
Reaction score
Teen punished for recording alleged bullying wants policy changes, not 'heads to roll'

Shea Love, 40, said her 15-year-old son, Christian, had long been victimized by fellow students in his special education math class at South Fayette High School in McDonald, Pa. So the frustrated sophomore made an audio recording of the alleged bullying using his iPad, which school officials forced him to delete upon learning of the 7-minute segment in February. He was later convicted of disorderly conduct and fined $25 plus court costs.
~~~~~~~~~

Love said school officials, including Principal Scott Milburn and Superintendent Bille Pearce Rondinelli, contacted police for a possible violation of wiretapping laws, but did not discipline the students captured on the audio recording harassing her son.
~~~~~~~~~

According to the hearing transcript, district officials forced him to erase the recording and punished him with detention. He was charged with disorderly conduct after police decided the case did not warrant a felony wiretapping charge.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/04/1...ding-alleged-bullying-to-sue-school-district/

A disorderly conduct conviction against a Pennsylvania teen who recorded his alleged tormentors in class will be thrown out later this month, FoxNews.com has learned.

Christian Love, 15, made a seven-minute audio recording of the alleged bullying using his iPad in February at South Fayette High School in McDonald, Pa. He was later convicted of disorderly conduct and fined $25 plus court costs. He is scheduled to appear at the Pittsburgh Court of Common Pleas to appeal the conviction on April 29, at which point the charges will be dropped.

“That’s correct,” said Mike Manko, a spokesman for the Allegheny County District Attorney’s Office. “We don’t believe his activity arises to a citation.”

The teen told FoxNews.com he was overwhelmed by the development.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/04/1...ged-bullying-to-be-dropped/?intcmp=latestnews

What??????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great that the courts reversed this mistake. I'm becoming more and more disheartened with school district policies that are inflexible and don't account for who was actually in the right/wrong, and just enforce their rigid silly rules about you can't make a video recording in school without permission.

Rigid, unintelligent zombie thinking.

Great that the courts reversed this mistake. I'm becoming more and more disheartened with school district policies that are inflexible and don't account for who was actually in the right/wrong, and just enforce their rigid silly rules about you can't make a video recording in school without permission.

Rigid, unintelligent zombie thinking.

Zero tolerance policies are a cover for mediocrity and the inability to use logic or critical thinking skills. IMO!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592
Back