Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #11 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

Status
Not open for further replies.
An embalmed refrigerated body can be kept for a long, long time

iirc, he wasn't embalmed.

i was shocked to read even canada got caught up in this mess somehow. a big THANK YOU to our city officials for refusing.

from BeginnersLuck's article upthread (www.wane.com)

His offer might not help resolve the issue. Worcester, Mass., Police Chief Gary Gemme said at a news conference Wednesday that sending the body to Russia is "not an option."

I wonder why it is not an option? Because he is not embalmed?

ETA: In a separate article, said it was not an option b/c the Uncle (RT) wants him buried in MA.

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/22...se-with-authority-provide-burial-site-quickly
Apparently a prison burial site fell through also.
Gemme's plea came a day after he said that a deal struck Monday to bury Tsarnaev's remains at a state prison site dissolved, with state officials no longer offering cooperation Tuesday.

And info on Russia's policy on receiving terrorists body:
http://news.yahoo.com/tsarnaev-fami...-suspects-184438194--abc-news-topstories.html
Russian authorities could declare Tamerlan Tsarnaev a terrorist and deny his family their right to claim the body, according to the Russian legal experts, including one who is advising the family. The family would be presented only with a certificate stating that he had been buried by the government.
The policy, originally outlined in a 1996 law, is a product of Russia's long and violent struggle against terrorism. The law states that if an individual dies while committing a terrorist incident, or if a suspect is killed during an operation that prevents one, "their bodies are not given, and the place of their burial is not disclosed."

The Associated Press ‏@AP 1m

BREAKING: Widow of Boston bombing suspect hires criminal lawyer, says she'll continue to meet with feds. -SS

From Elley's link above:

Perhaps he can learn to love returning to his motherland to live with Daddy in Kazakhstan .. ya know, maybe learn a few manners on how to treat your host, stuff like that.

And from that same article:

Maybe different in the US, but in Canada, top med-mal lawyers tell clients straight-up that there's more money in lawsuits when the victim is disabled for life than had they died. In Canada, the max award for a parent in a wrongful death lawsuit is approx. $50,000.

As harsh as this sounds, no amount of money can/will ever compensate those families for the loss of their loved ones. The folks who need that $28 million the most are those who have to live with their disabilities for the rest of their lives.

Agree, the larger sums should be distributed among those who lost limbs not to the families of the deceased. Not to sound cold, but that is just wrong.

The Associated Press ‏@AP 1m

BREAKING: Widow of Boston bombing suspect hires criminal lawyer, says she'll continue to meet with feds. -SS

Why would she need a criminal lawyer?

Well, a very small fracture of the radial bone has just cost me $318 and Tomorrow the orthopedic doc will examine the break, cast it and send me on my way...that will probably be 100's more. God knows, if it is that much for a one inch simple fracture of one bone, it will be exorbitant for the multiple injuries and procedures endured and to be endured by the Marathon victims. Such a horrible situation for those folks. It seems so unfair.

Most if not all may have to file bankruptcy before it is over with. It is not fair at all in the supposed land of the free, home of the brave!

Joshua Dratel is a NYC criminal lawyer. KRT must have some serious financial resources to afford him, unless of course he's doing it for the publicity. Doesn't seem like he needs the publicity, though.

http://www.nycriminallawfirm.com/who_jld.htm

Mr. Dratel is admitted to practice in New York State, the United States Supreme Court, the United States District Courts for the Southern, Eastern, Western, and Northern Districts of New York, in other federal district courts in other states, and in the United States Court of Appeals for the First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, and Eighth Circuits. He is AV-rated by Martindale Hubbell.

An embalmed refrigerated body can be kept for a long, long time. Many months. I don't know what the record is for keeping a body, but think of the cadavers used for dissection by medical students. These cadavers are embalmed and then kept refrigerated. The come out of the refrigerator for time periods of at least an hour or not more at a time while students dissect. Then they are returned to the refrigerator until the next time. A semester lasts for at least two months. I have heard tales that by the end of a semester the cadaver started to stink of decomposition. But I would think a body that was never out of the refrigerator would not decompose quickly.

We don't know. Perhaps Uncle Ruslan has made arrangements to keep TT's body there, refrigerated at the funeral home for some period of time. Until the story dies down. And until a "proper burial" place is finally found.

I'm with the poster who wrote "Who cares?"

I'm in medical school. We get cadavers in september for the year. They are placed on metal tables and are in body bags. They are never refrigerated and we have them around may. And we are told some of them are newer than others but we do not how long that may mean. So I would imagine an embalmed and refrigerated body would last a long time. Longer than a year.

But I'm the same, I think the uncle should stop going on camera. Find a place for him and don't let anyone know where he is buried.

Yes, no casket, no headstone and wrapped in cloth.

well somebody has to step up and make a decision! This can't go on forever,
or can it!?

Next thing we'll hear is a complaint we are violating his Muslim rights by not
buying him.

:banghead:

Just read that on cnn - whew. Now that's over with and we can move on.

I dont want to move on until I know he wasn't put into Arlington National Cemetary!
I had read yesterday that some stupid lady was willing to give up her plot.
Sorry I do not have a link to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member