Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #11 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

Status
Not open for further replies.
remember the young woman in the red jacket near jeff? here the latest... she lost one leg and much of the back of the other :(

http://www.wbur.org/2013/05/14/bombing-victim-daniel

article mentions her seeing a woman with her arms blown off... have any other articles mentioned this? could it be lu?

Jeff was near the first explosion. Mery Daniel sounds like she was near the finish line where the second explosion occurred.

I've never heard where Lu was but her friend escaped because she went to get coffee and there is a Starbucks near the second explosion, so it could have been Lu.

no-- she was near jeff... there is a pic in here of her on a stretcher with celeste corcoran lying injured behind her in the black leggings. jeff was to their left...

VERY GRAPHIC IMAGES !!

http://redflagnews.com/headlines/wa...rent+Events,+Breaking+News,+Politics,+Opinion

i believe lu was in this area too...

Thanks. Sounds like there was more happening in that area and she moved from the finish line to there. She was one of the faces of the victims and I had wondered what happened to her. She is now at the site, her name wasn't there last week.

I hope the press continues to give the victims coverage with mentions of the funding sites.

Those images are heartbreaking :( My God I've never seen anything like it. Terrbile. Horrific.

The death toll would have been much higher if emergency personell hadn't been already there. Jeff wouldn't have had a chance if he had had to wait for an ambulance and EMT to arrive.

All those who helped did an outstanding job!

Jeff was near the first explosion. Mery Daniel sounds like she was near the finish line where the second explosion occurred.

I've never heard where Lu was but her friend escaped because she went to get coffee and there is a Starbucks near the second explosion, so it could have been Lu.

bbm - near the finsihin line was the first explosion iirc.

Those images are heartbreaking :( My God I've never seen anything like it. Terrbile. Horrific.

The death toll would have been much higher if emergency personell hadn't been already there. Jeff wouldn't have had a chance if he had had to wait for an ambulance and EMT to arrive.

All those who helped did an outstanding job!

bbm - near the finsihin line was the first explosion iirc.

No, the first explosion was near LensCrafters, about two blocks from the finish line and the bomb was left be TT. Second explosion was near The Forum which was near the finish line, bomb left by DT.

No new developments at all in this case? Nothing further about KR?

A new criminal defense lawyer for the widow of Boston Marathon bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev says his client will continue to cooperate with investigators but says he plans to keep quiet about the details of her case publicly because that could hurt the investigation.

New York lawyer Joshua Dratel, who has represented several terrorism suspects, joined Katherine Russell's legal team last week. He joins two Rhode Island-based lawyers who typically focus on civil cases.

Russell hasn't been charged with any wrongdoing, but she is under intense scrutiny by the FBI as it investigates the deadly April 15 bombing, which killed three people and injured more than 260. Authorities say the attack was carried out by her husband and his brother, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/tamerlan_widow_to_cooperate_lawyer_Rmk3SloUcss3SQOloaJNqN

Not sure this has been posted.

Our victims are Heros!!
These images, the reality, the true disregard for human life is senseless. There are no words.

I think we all agree on the disregard for human life. That makes it all the more disrespectful to the victims, when the bombers mother says it's red paint on the streets. That comment of hers just makes me cringe.

Does anyone know what happened to the woman in the red and black jacket with brown/reddish shoulder length hair that is in front of Jeff at the 1st bomb site? She appears to be uninjured in the photos.

Boston bombings suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev left note in boat he hid in, sources say

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_...naev-left-note-in-boat-he-hid-in-sources-say/

"The note, scrawled with a pen on the interior wall of the cabin, said the bombings were retribution U.S. military action in Afghanistan and Iraq, and called the Boston victims collateral damage in the way Muslims have been in the American-led wars. "When you attack one Muslim, you attack all Muslims," the note added."

Boston bombings suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev left note in boat he hid in, sources say

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_...naev-left-note-in-boat-he-hid-in-sources-say/

"The note, scrawled with a pen on the interior wall of the cabin, said the bombings were retribution U.S. military action in Afghanistan and Iraq, and called the Boston victims collateral damage in the way Muslims have been in the American-led wars. "When you attack one Muslim, you attack all Muslims," the note added."

I do not believe this report for a second! Give me a break. First of all, he would not have known his brother was dead for absolute certainty (he left the scene, and did not know of reports) and where did he get this pen from?! Ink doesn't apply to many surfaces, especially on a boat. If this was factual, we would have seen it outlined in the original criminal complaint. 6 weeks later, we are still witnessing unknown "sources" providing inaccurate information to media outlets. He is hiding in a boat writing out a confession and we only hear of it now. Lies. This is a strategy put in place by FBI and the government to ensure an unfair trial. If an official puts his name to this information I will give it more thought, at this stage there is no authenticity to these claims. And he was semi conscious bleeding, according to the boat owner, he was motionless. Yet had the strength to write in pen the motive and he was happy to die too yet gave himself up in the end without a weapon on him.

He reportedly run over his brother with an SUV. I think he could guess his brother was dead. As to where did he get the pen from? Seriously? A lot of people, myself included, carry pens with them.

Really disturbing. Killer groupies. I never understood them. :crazy:

Me neither.
Makes me wonder just how sincere they are though, is it just to get a rise out of people or would they open their homes to these terrorist amongst us.

What a hypocrite. He was no more a practicing Muslim than I am. Smoking pot and trying to get into girls' pants and rolling his eyes in annoyance with his friends when his older brother started talking about Islam - and suddenly it's a religion he's ready to kill and die for. What a load of BS. He killed people because he wanted to kill people -the stupid "muslim holy war" excuse after the fact is total BS. I bet that idiot couldn't even name a US war in a Muslim land.

About him writing out some melodramatic note while dying in a boat, not lamenting his dead brother and finally eeking out a manifesto. More BS. What did he think he was - some lead character in an action movie? This entire story is just ridiculous. It's appalling that these incredibly stupid wastes of skin could kill real people living productive lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aegon_the_Conqueror