Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #9 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I hate that $$ is being spent on a "team" to defend him, I wanted him taken alive primarily because I believe everything about this would have been deemed a "conspiracy"... it's already bad enough, as is. Without him in custody the spin would be even worse. JMO (which is subject to fluctuate ;))

Mama Bear is already trying to set him up as a martyr and he is alive. If he had died too she would be rabble rousing worse than she is. And yes, there would be conspiracy theories out the ying yang, and not just from her.

But we know he got them at Phantom Fireworks. They even remember him there. He used a buy one get one free coupon, barely Legal fireworks. There are also I think 4 more fireworks stores in the NY area.

I'm not really sure what they guy s trying to say?Not enough powder for the amount of blast the got. I'm sure he probably bought at more that one fireworks store, to get the amt. needed.

Couple thoughts. On twitter he made a comment about fireworks if I remember correctly. Many including myself were quick to think it referenced something other than fireworks but maybe not, maybe this cigar is truly a cigar.

I use to load my own shotgun shells and it's easy to buy gunpowder at most gunshops. Just show your ID and off you go.

A quick search and on the first hit I found 21 dealers in MA that sell bulk gunpowder for just one brand of gunpowder. Cheaper more powerful and much easier than buying fireworks.

not saying they didn't use fireworks but it sure wasn't the easiest or cheapest way to go

True - I hadn't read what kind of DNA they said. Did they say touch DNA or have they just said DNA?

Honestly, I'm not sure the female DNA means much.

The odds say its from one of the injured.

They were married and their bombs and stuff were in the green car. A defense attorney might say the item was in the trunk and we cannot say that DNA was not from the car trunk??

They can use what he said against him. They'll argue that it can't but in the end it'll all be there for the jury.

This is the Feds, not amateur hour in some off the beaten path municipal court.

I honestly don't think it ever goes to trial, they'll plea away the death penalty in exchange for his cooperation. He'll go to prison for the rest of his life and the world will move on
What is the message , however, to the rest of the world? I dont think DP is human, however all this is political chess board stuff.

What would they be afraid they are saying to world. Commit terrorism on USA soil and they room and board you for the rest of your life.

I just dont think that message they want out there.

Boston suspect's defense team gets major boost with lawyer who defended Unabomber, Loughner

Clarke's clients have included the Unabomber, Ted Kaczynski; Susan Smith, who drowned her two children; Atlanta Olympics bomber Eric Rudolph; and most recently Tucson, Ariz., shooter Jared Loughner. All received life sentences instead of the death penalty.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/3...jor-boost-with-lawyer-who-defended-unabomber/

Do you all have to , or know a way not to (!) not to refresh after every "Thank You"?

IMO, this DNA deal is a waste of time. She was married to him, lived with him, the transfer of DNA is so non conclusive. Maybe he made the bombs elsewhere and she really was clueless but 6 months earlier she used the backpack to carry some lettuce around (!)

Maybe she used the empty box to store old sneakers,maybe the pressure cooker sat hidden in the closet where her DNA was, maybe maybe maybe maybe maybe ........

This is , IMO, a waste of time money etc --if it got to court - way to many other explainations why a spouses DNA is on a husbands over the counter purchase (PC) has too many innocent explainations.

Now if it were on a hand launch rocket maybe were talkin!

IMO, it would not be allowed

TT , in all liklihood had his wifes DNA on HIM. When he picked it up to hurl at LE it transferred -- see where I am going ?

Yea I'm not sure the female dna really says anything, one way or the other. You've got that it's a common household item to begin with (pressure cooker), she lived in that house, possible dna transfer, etc.

I dunno, I think in a lot of ways there are people (and probably some in the media) that want there to be others that helped the brothers, if for no other reason that we are afraid of entertaining the idea that two random people can devise something like this up and nobody can see it coming. I certainly don't dismiss the notion that they did this on their own. I don't recall others involved in some grand plot to blow up that building in OKC, just two.

I'm going to agree with Cariis. The DNA issue is probably more about coming up with a reason to get her DNA then it is about the pressure cooker. Don't know the reason, but Cariis' is a good suggestion.

TT , in all liklihood had his wifes DNA on HIM. When he picked it up to hurl at LE it transferred -- see where I am going ?

ITA. She was around TT/DT. She was in that apartment. Heck, they have a daughter - a female child. It could be her DNA. If they had the pressure cookers sitting out for days or weeks, surely a female in the house could've picked it up, moved it.

I'm sure they tried to keep them hidden from KRT if they were to be used for bombs (I really think she is innocent), but if one appeared in the home, then I'm sure that wouldn't be scream 'bomb alert' to any normal person. Maybe now it would, after the fact, but not beforehand.

To play devil's advocate, even if KRT were guilty, her DNA on a pressure cooker that had been in a home she lived is grasping for straws.

ETA - Just had another thought. Maybe they have her DNA on something else also - something they don't want to disclose yet. They needed a DNA sample but didn't want to show evidence just yet so went with the pressure cooker for now. Possible?

Yea I'm not sure the female dna really says anything, one way or the other. You've got that it's a common household item to begin with (pressure cooker), she lived in that house, possible dna transfer, etc.

I dunno, I think in a lot of ways there are people (and probably some in the media) that want there to be others that helped the brothers, if for no other reason that we are afraid of entertaining the idea that two random people can devise something like this up and nobody can see it coming. I certainly don't dismiss the notion that they did this on their own. I don't recall others involved in some grand plot to blow up that building in OKC, just two.

Michael and Lori Fortier were also involved in the plot. Michael got 12 years and Lori got immunity for her testimony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
callumh804