The 911 Call

Did she greet 911?

Did she say "hello"?

Did she ask for help for her children, or did she ask for herself?

Language used in these calls is very important.

Truly grieving parents do not say "hello" to 911. This is almost universal.

Did she greet 911?

Did she say "hello"?

Did she ask for help for her children, or did she ask for herself?

Language used in these calls is very important.

Truly grieving parents do not say "hello" to 911. This is almost universal.

She never said "hello."

The operator did the normal intro, Darlie started screaming that her and the kids were stabbed... If anything, at the beginning of the call Darlie sounds almost oblivious to anything the operator said beyond the standard intro. She's too busy screaming out her emergency. At one point early on, the operator is attempting to dispatch units. Darlie, who can be heard saying "ma'am..." is basically told to hold on (sounds from the tape indicate the operator needs Darlie to wait, hold on, please be quiet for a sec... No disrespect intended) so she can send out units.

Darlie can be heard frequently interrupting the operator as if she thinks the operator is talking to someone else and not hearing her pleas for help (akin to thinking she was finishing up a conversation that was ongoing when Darlie called). She can be heard three times saying "ma'am..." As if she is attempting to interrupt so she can get her emergency conveyed.

I don't fault the operator. Clearly she was trying to dispatch units to the scene, carry on conversations with the officers all while trying to also carry on a conversation with an oblivious Darlie who was pleading for help for her boys. Later, Darlie was faulted for repeating the "fingerprint" stuff on the knife. She was talking to two different people and attempting to listen and answer both.

She didn't have the luxury of telling someone to "hang on..." She can also be heard asking "what do we do?" The operator never gave her advice. She was left to her own accord to figure out if she needed wet or dry rags, apply pressure or not, etc. later, she can be heard asking when the ambulance will get there because her children will be dead soon. In the end, the tape only shows a frantic woman pleading for help for her children.

IMO, one of the most telling aspects on the 911 call is that she, NOT ONCE, mentions the baby. She is just about prompted to think of the baby by the operator in two instances. Once being when the operator asks her if anybody else is in the house with her, she replies that her husband just came downstairs and that he is helping her. And then when the operator asks how many children, she replies, twice, there's two of them. BUT, she thinks of fingerprints, that they have to find out who it was, and that nothing is touched! She even yells for a neighbor, but doesn't bolt up the stairs to check the baby. It is just so telling that she knew the baby was fine.

Since Darin came down the stairs without a scratch on him it would be a safe assumption that the baby was fine or he would have said something.

If you are dealing with serious injuries to 2 children you can see then every other person in the home is not on your mind.

She also didn't ask about the dog.

I once had to render first aid to an older lady in a car wreck right in front of my house my newborn son was sleeping inside and I sent my 2 older children and their 2 playmates down the street so the dad of the other kids could watch them. We were all outside when the wreck happened and the other driver fled on foot right into my back yard where he jumped the fence.
A neighbor across the street called 911 and came out and helped me with the old lady. He saw the guy jump my fence too. I didn't think that he would have gone into my house as he was booking fast with the intent of getting away. It never occurred to me till the police got there to check on my youngest, or taht the guy would have gone into my house. When it did I was scared to death and an officer went in first just to make sure. I felt like the worst mom EVER. My brain was focused on the accident and not my children other than the 2 with me and the neighbors kids. When they reached a safe place I was focusing on the old lady who had a bad cut to her forehead and her well being was all I was thinking of. She was moaning and I was arguing with the neighbor about pulling her out of the car as she could have neck injuries or broken ribs that could puncture her lungs or heart if we moved her. The car was not on fire and we turned the key to turn it off. There was a sweater or sweater vest on the front seat I grabbed it to apply pressure to the wound and kept talking to her as she kept slipping into and out of consciousness.

She later told the police in the hospital that the devil and an angel were arguing about who got her soul and the angel made the devil leave her alone.

The cop who arrived on the scene happened to be my next door neighbor and he told me about her crazy story days later. I told him about the across the street neighbor and I arguing about moving her and that is what we think she meant. She had a concussion and broken ribs. This was long before air bags in cars were common and her car was a older Buick anyway and they hadn't even been invented when that car was new.

Shock makes people think weird irrational things cause thinking logically just isn't possible when in shock.

I guess when faced with a trauma we all prioritize what is the most important at the time. At the time getting help for the 2 she could see was the most important thing on her mind. While summoning the police catching that someone was also on her mind.

I can hear anger in her voice when she answers Darin too. Had it been me the mention of who did it would have had an angry response too but more along the lines of "They best hope the police catch them first 'cause if I see them first there won't be trial or arrest just a hanging or a shooting."

If you had a close relative hurt by someone else you would be angry and talking about that person would evoke anger in you.....even if you don't know who they are. To me that is proof an unknown person to her was in the home as she was angry that someone did this. Anger would be normal the lack of anger would not be.

I hope it's ok to link to this site, if not my apologies to the mods.

Let me say that I don't know if there is actually any scientific validity to the use of statement analysis, but to me the findings in this particular analysis are interesting and somewhat based on common sense, though I do appreciate the explanations and find them helpful. I find the analysis to be insightful and for the most part think it's probably quite accurate, at least imo.

For myself, it's Darlie's behavior and statments during the 911 call that are a very large part of why I lean toward believing she is guilty.

My apologies also if this has already been brought up for discussion, I looked but didn't find it if it has.

http://.blogspot.com/2012/09/-darlie-routier-911.html

Since Darin came down the stairs without a scratch on him it would be a safe assumption that the baby was fine or he would have said something.

If you are dealing with serious injuries to 2 children you can see then every other person in the home is not on your mind.

She also didn't ask about the dog.

I once had to render first aid to an older lady in a car wreck right in front of my house my newborn son was sleeping inside and I sent my 2 older children and their 2 playmates down the street so the dad of the other kids could watch them. We were all outside when the wreck happened and the other driver fled on foot right into my back yard where he jumped the fence.
A neighbor across the street called 911 and came out and helped me with the old lady. He saw the guy jump my fence too. I didn't think that he would have gone into my house as he was booking fast with the intent of getting away. It never occurred to me till the police got there to check on my youngest, or taht the guy would have gone into my house. When it did I was scared to death and an officer went in first just to make sure. I felt like the worst mom EVER. My brain was focused on the accident and not my children other than the 2 with me and the neighbors kids. When they reached a safe place I was focusing on the old lady who had a bad cut to her forehead and her well being was all I was thinking of. She was moaning and I was arguing with the neighbor about pulling her out of the car as she could have neck injuries or broken ribs that could puncture her lungs or heart if we moved her. The car was not on fire and we turned the key to turn it off. There was a sweater or sweater vest on the front seat I grabbed it to apply pressure to the wound and kept talking to her as she kept slipping into and out of consciousness.

She later told the police in the hospital that the devil and an angel were arguing about who got her soul and the angel made the devil leave her alone.

The cop who arrived on the scene happened to be my next door neighbor and he told me about her crazy story days later. I told him about the across the street neighbor and I arguing about moving her and that is what we think she meant. She had a concussion and broken ribs. This was long before air bags in cars were common and her car was a older Buick anyway and they hadn't even been invented when that car was new.

Shock makes people think weird irrational things cause thinking logically just isn't possible when in shock.

I guess when faced with a trauma we all prioritize what is the most important at the time. At the time getting help for the 2 she could see was the most important thing on her mind. While summoning the police catching that someone was also on her mind.

I can hear anger in her voice when she answers Darin too. Had it been me the mention of who did it would have had an angry response too but more along the lines of "They best hope the police catch them first 'cause if I see them first there won't be trial or arrest just a hanging or a shooting."

If you had a close relative hurt by someone else you would be angry and talking about that person would evoke anger in you.....even if you don't know who they are. To me that is proof an unknown person to her was in the home as she was angry that someone did this. Anger would be normal the lack of anger would not be.

Darlie wasn't in shock. She was given a shock test at the crime scene by paramedic Koshak. Her vitals were normal, she was oriented as to time and place.

She didn't ask any questions about her boys in the ambulance or the hospital, she didn't ask about Damon and he was alive when they removed him from the house. She didn't ask the emergency room doctors anything about Damon. She didn't ask about Drake because she knew he was unhurt.

Here's one of the most incriminating parts of the 911 call, to me anyway:

02:38:11 911 Operator #1 ...is there anybody in the house ...besides you and your children...
02:38:11 Darlie Routier ...no ...my husband he just ran downstairs ...he's helping me ...but they're dying ...oh my God ...they're dead...

Q: Is there anyone in the house?
A: No. Just my husband. (Paraphrased)

But she supposedly just saw a man run into another room? She couldn't have known about the screen and the window at that point. So she saw a man run into the utility room - not out of the house - but instantly answers that there's no one in the house.

Hmmmmm.

I wanted to share my thoughts about that "nothing's touched" part. I think it is a total red alert that watching her kids die, she says something like this (to me it doesn't match her hysterical "Oh my God!" mood, it falls out of the context, just like comments about picking up the knife and erasing the possible fingerprints). I have read her statement presented in court, where she actually does support the fact she checked on stuff at a very inappropriate (to say the least) moment:
I remember telling Damon to hang on, Mommy was
13 there. I looked over at Darin, and saw the glass table
14 had been knocked half way off, and the flower arrangement
15 had been knocked over. I then stood up and turned around
16 and saw glass all over the kitchen floor.
17 "I tried to glance over to see if
18 anything was out of place, or if anything was missing.

I can't imagine that anyone could think about missing stuff at a moment like that. Totally, no way, unless the person has comitted these murders and is trying to cover up, but making mistakes in doing so.

Also - her hysterical voice seems weird to me at times in this call. It sounds like she's DECIDED to be hysterical and is getting a bit tired of the voice she has chosen for the call, so at several moments you can hear ehxaustion mixed with anger rather than genuine hysteria. Could it be she is angry that the whole situation causes her to use this hysterical voice, which is certainly not an easy task if it doesn't come naturally?

that has always been a big red flag for me. I was perfectly willing to consider her innocent until I heard the anger in her voice on the 911 call and her story doesn't ring true. All she really is doing is yelling in that call, then she stops her hysteria and angrily declares, "someone just walked in here and intentionally did it Darin" Why? is Darin questioning her veracity.Why is she telling Darin she didn't do anything and she promises?

You know what's stranger? She was answering Wadell's question. You know... The officer who was in the house at 3 minutes 45 seconds into the 911 call. I know, it boggles the mind but he was still talking to her at 5:21 and 5:22. Asking her stupid crap about what happened.

What's even more strange is Darlie remaining on the 911 call once Waddell entered the home.

Was this before or after he secured the scene? Before or after he walked into the kitchen, then decided, as per standard operating procedures to wait for back up to secure the house or did he come in at 3:45 into the call and immediately tell Darlie there was nothing missing?

I find your willingness to blame Waddell for something very disconcerting. Darlie is the person who was arrested, tried and convicted of this crime, not Waddall. Had he immediately dropped to his knees to try and help Damon, you'd blame him for not securing the scene. Is he supposed to lay down his gun and help Damon when he's been told there's a man in the garage? And this goes back to why didn't Darlie help Damon? Why wasn't she down there on the floor with Damon comforting him when Waddell entered the scene with Darin? Where's the towel with Damon's blood that she was using on him?

What sort of mother spends all that time on the phone yelling and talking about prints on knives and there's nothing touched when her children are dead and dying in front of her but I guess that's Waddell's fault too.

cami;10068758
All she really is doing is yelling in that call, then she stops her hysteria and angrily declares, "someone just walked in here and intentionally did it Darin" Why? is Darin questioning her veracity.Why is she telling Darin she didn't do anything and she promises

I have always thought it was because she really was, at that point, trying to convince Darin of her ridiculous story. Why else would anyone even think about saying "i promise" at a time like that? What innocent person would even think to be concerned about whether you are being believed when your children are dead or dying a few feet away from you?

I have also always suspected that the bruises on her arm came from Darrin. Very likely grabbing her in anger as it dawns on him what she has done.

Just because he ultimately backed her up, doesn't mean he really believed she was innocent and, if he did, he may have had to convince himself of that in order to stay with her.

You know what's stranger? She was answering Wadell's question. You know... The officer who was in the house at 3 minutes 45 seconds into the 911 call. I know, it boggles the mind but he was still talking to her at 5:21 and 5:22. Asking her stupid crap about what happened.

Stranger than that is Darin questioning Darlie as soon as he comes downstairs and Darlie squealing back at him, "I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING, DARIN!!! I didn't do anything..." then later, "I promise..." then seconds later, "Somebody who did it intentionally walked in here and did it, Darin!" She bent over backwards trying to convince Darin that she didn't kill the boys. Darin knew she did it as soon as he came downstairs.

'Asking her stupid crap about what happened"

???
What should he have been asking her?

that has always been a big red flag for me. I was perfectly willing to consider her innocent until I heard the anger in her voice on the 911 call and her story doesn't ring true. All she really is doing is yelling in that call, then she stops her hysteria and angrily declares, "someone just walked in here and intentionally did it Darin" Why? is Darin questioning her veracity.Why is she telling Darin she didn't do anything and she promises?

For one thing, she never says "I promise." That's something that is entirely made up. Secondly the statement about someone intentionally doing it was made at 5 minutes 19 seconds. There was a cop standing right there in the room with them. If this supposedly heated exchange took place I'm sure the cop would have mentioned it.

Stranger than that is Darin questioning Darlie as soon as he comes downstairs and Darlie squealing back at him, "I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING, DARIN!!! I didn't do anything..." then later, "I promise..." then seconds later, "Somebody who did it intentionally walked in here and did it, Darin!" She bent over backwards trying to convince Darin that she didn't kill the boys. Darin knew she did it as soon as he came downstairs.

'Asking her stupid crap about what happened"

???
What should he have been asking her?

Wow. Have you even read the transcrips? Darlie never said "I didn't do anything, Darin" nor did she say "I promise." The statement about "somebody intentionally..." was made in front of a cop. If Darlie and Darin were arguing in front of the cop he would have mentioned it.

The asking her about stupid crap refers to the fact that he is saying things to her like "nothing's gone Mrs. Routier..." If her answering him or repeating what he said is stupid in light of the fact that her children are dying then he is just as stupid for asking. You want to fault the woman for every statement she made in the call while you ignore the fact that her comments were made in response to people she was on the phone with or in the room with.

What's even more strange is Darlie remaining on the 911 call once Waddell entered the home.

Was this before or after he secured the scene? Before or after he walked into the kitchen, then decided, as per standard operating procedures to wait for back up to secure the house or did he come in at 3:45 into the call and immediately tell Darlie there was nothing missing?

I find your willingness to blame Waddell for something very disconcerting. Darlie is the person who was arrested, tried and convicted of this crime, not Waddall. Had he immediately dropped to his knees to try and help Damon, you'd blame him for not securing the scene. Is he supposed to lay down his gun and help Damon when he's been told there's a man in the garage? And this goes back to why didn't Darlie help Damon? Why wasn't she down there on the floor with Damon comforting him when Waddell entered the scene with Darin? Where's the towel with Damon's blood that she was using on him?

What sort of mother spends all that time on the phone yelling and talking about prints on knives and there's nothing touched when her children are dead and dying in front of her but I guess that's Waddell's fault too.

I'm not blaming Waddell for his actions at the scene. Just pointing out that he is questioning her while she's on the phone. You hear her responses to his questions and then blame her because "Who notices if things are missing?" I don't know... Maybe the person who was just asked that question?

Wow. Have you even read the transcrips? Darlie never said "I didn't do anything, Darin" nor did she say "I promise."

I absolutely hear her say "I didn't do anything" and then "promise" (I don't hear the "I" and after listening again, I've edited this post to not include "Darin" - I don't hear her say his name). I went to fordarlieroutier.org and I hear it in the following:

Original Recording: 1:13

MP3 Audio Recording: .50

Wave: 1:29

I hear Darin yelling something (unintelligible) and she does scream that back in a very high pitch. No, it is not in the transcript of that recording, but it is heard.

I absolutely hear her say "I didn't do anything" and then "promise" (I don't hear the "I" and after listening again, I've edited this post to not include "Darin" - I don't hear her say his name). I went to fordarlieroutier.org and I hear it in the following:

Original Recording: 1:13

MP3 Audio Recording: .50

Wave: 1:29

I hear Darin yelling something (unintelligible) and she does scream that back in a very high pitch. No, it is not in the transcript of that recording, but it is heard.

Seriously. You absolutely need to get your ears checked. She's saying "who would do this..."

Seriously. You absolutely need to get your ears checked. She's saying "who would do this..."

Yep, and right after "who would do this", Darin yells and she screams, "I didn't do anything.....promise" I HEAR it, guess you don't.

Yep, and right after "who would do this", Darin yells and she screams, "I didn't do anything.....promise" I HEAR it, guess you don't.

Lol... I'm sitting hear listening to with someone else. Neither of us hear that. It's "who would do this... Unintelligible (Darin)... Who would do this Darin... Who would do this..." But let's go with your theory. Suppose Darin did ask Darlie if she did it. She screams back... I didn't do this... I promise. What exactly do think that proves?

Lol... I'm sitting hear listening to with someone else. Neither of us hear that. It's "who would do this... Unintelligible (Darin)... Who would do this Darin... Who would do this..." But let's go with your theory. Suppose Darin did ask Darlie if she did it. She screams back... I didn't do this... I promise. What exactly do think that proves?

LOL, Because I believe she says "I didn't do anything...Promise" (it certainly does NOT sound to me like "who would do this Darin..who would do this), it seems an odd thing for her to yell. If Darin is accusing her (for her to respond that way) why would he accuse his wife of harming their children? And she has already told him she doesn't even know who did it. It's interestingly peculiar. (edited)

LOL, Because I believe she says "I didn't do anything...Promise" (it certainly does NOT sound to me like "who would do this Darin..who would do this), it seems an odd thing for her to yell. If Darin is accusing her (for her to respond that way) why would he accuse his wife of harming their children? And she has already told him she doesn't even know who did it. It's interesting.

You can believe whatever you want. It doesn't make it true. And her repeatedly yelling who would do this doesn't seem odd in the slightest considering there are plenty of parts in the tape where she repeats herself. Oh my God... Oh my God... Oh my God... Hold on baby... Hold on baby... They're dead... My babies are dead... They're dying... Nothing's taken... Nothing's taken... Blah, blah, blah. She's hysterical. Big deal.

For one thing, she never says "I promise." That's something that is entirely made up. Secondly the statement about someone intentionally doing it was made at 5 minutes 19 seconds. There was a cop standing right there in the room with them. If this supposedly heated exchange took place I'm sure the cop would have mentioned it.

I hear her say "I promise" plain as day.

It's early into the call. "I didn't do anything" and then later "I promise."

I have no clue why it's not in the transcript but I hear it, very clearly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Millerx3
Back