the "accident" victim

Just a quick question, hoping someone can answer. Has the Lindsey Baum case in McCleary, WA been checked out against IK's timeline?

From the timeline (these are the two closest noted points):

BBM
June 20, 2009: Hotel reservation (Extended Stay) - Anchorage, Alaska.

7/2009: visited his grandmother in CA
according to FB, Keyes visits California in July 2009 for his grandmother's 90th birthday

I wish we knew when in July Keyes was in CA, and what his travel itinerary was surrounding that trip. I personally don't think he had anything to do with Lindsey Baum, but the timeline definitely doesn't rule out the possibility that he did.

Hi all, new here!

Just a thought regarding this victim- just because IK said HE thinks it would look like an accident, doesn't mean that's actually how it looked. Remember, this is the guy that thought the Aledo, TX house fire he set wasn't suspected to be arson, when the police immediately knew it was, as well as not knowing that debit card transactions were tracible etc. (There were a few other incidents during the interviews where he was surprised at what investigators could do, know or find out, for example he didn't even realize that his prison phone calls were being recorded and listened to)

While I don't think we should rule out accidental death rulings that work with his timeline, especially those in national parks/forests etc, we should also be aware that what IK said and what reality is, are not always compatible.

Hi all, new here!

Just a thought regarding this victim- just because IK said HE thinks it would look like an accident, doesn't mean that's actually how it looked. Remember, this is the guy that thought the Aledo, TX house fire he set wasn't suspected to be arson, when the police immediately knew it was, as well as not knowing that debit card transactions were tracible etc. (There were a few other incidents during the interviews where he was surprised at what investigators could do, know or find out, for example he didn't even realize that his prison phone calls were being recorded and listened to)

While I don't think we should rule out accidental death rulings that work with his timeline, especially those in national parks/forests etc, we should also be aware that what IK said and what reality is, are not always compatible.
Apologies in advance for any etiquette or toes, I trip over, first foray here. I shared uncomfortably similar geography with Keyes and am familiar with how many different LE agencies and jurisdictions his victims might have been the responsibility of just in WA. I don't know if the tribal cops share databases with local pds. And given the vague or non-existent data on missing persons federal rangers seem unable to record, I wouldn't doubt you could lose quite a few accidents amongst all the jurisdictional authority flexing and sustained grudge matches. Just from Neah to Kingston there are Park Rangers, Coast Guard, Border Patrol, State Patrol, OP-Net, local pd, tribal pd, and Sheriffs. Running this many simultaneous vacuums of federal funding would make you think all the cracks a body could fall through would be covered, it actually creates more and I can easily see one not reporting to the rest when it was a simple accidental fishing (hiking, hunting, illegal tree cutting, etc) death.
I am trying to gather some balls and get in touch with all the girls I took a trip to Ocean Shores with senior yr of highschool without sounding like an absolute nutjob. I am pretty certain he was one of the 15 guys from JBLM that crashed on the beach and extra beds of our rented house for the weekend. Regardless of the reliability my inebriated memory has for faces from 20 years ago, the guys from the base went on trips all over the coast on the weekends. Just a thought for anyone disregarding his time spent there as static.

Apologies in advance for any etiquette or toes, I trip over, first foray here. I shared uncomfortably similar geography with Keyes and am familiar with how many different LE agencies and jurisdictions his victims might have been the responsibility of just in WA. I don't know if the tribal cops share databases with local pds. And given the vague or non-existent data on missing persons federal rangers seem unable to record, I wouldn't doubt you could lose quite a few accidents amongst all the jurisdictional authority flexing and sustained grudge matches. Just from Neah to Kingston there are Park Rangers, Coast Guard, Border Patrol, State Patrol, OP-Net, local pd, tribal pd, and Sheriffs. Running this many simultaneous vacuums of federal funding would make you think all the cracks a body could fall through would be covered, it actually creates more and I can easily see one not reporting to the rest when it was a simple accidental fishing (hiking, hunting, illegal tree cutting, etc) death.
I am trying to gather some balls and get in touch with all the girls I took a trip to Ocean Shores with senior yr of highschool without sounding like an absolute nutjob. I am pretty certain he was one of the 15 guys from JBLM that crashed on the beach and extra beds of our rented house for the weekend. Regardless of the reliability my inebriated memory has for faces from 20 years ago, the guys from the base went on trips all over the coast on the weekends. Just a thought for anyone disregarding his time spent there as static.

You should give this info to the FBI, even if you feel silly doing it, it could be the one missing piece of a puzzle that could help solve a crime or even murders.

Attachments

• F3B4A507-9353-4752-A627-F918CDB19B25.jpeg
    F3B4A507-9353-4752-A627-F918CDB19B25.jpeg
    128 KB · Views: 22
You should give this info to the FBI, even if you feel silly doing it, it could be the one missing piece of a puzzle that could help solve a crime or even murders.

Isn't it enough to assume they have bots scouring these boards? I think they realize they get more info from people by accessing their phones than interviewing. I just thank my former good sense for never posting anything or commenting online while he was still hunting. Real life reckless sure but internet private. So logical.

Side note anyone managed a Foia to determine if they showed up in any of his photo files on his computers? I'm not conceited or delusional enough to think I merit being the object of stalking but living in the same places as him for several years and traveling to Vermont, Canada, Hawaii, Texas, Mexico, California although I haven't matched dates makes me curious.

I even had a house catch fire and burn down with a then boyfriend in it while I was out shopping. The bf was asleep but made it out. No word besides maybe my cat knocking a candle over on what started it. Still leaning on the stoner exbf as culprit though.

I'm too chicken to get those photos from the girls I went to high school with, I'm not super stoked on being humiliated or interrogated by the FBI. I would have those photos myself but that effing fire.

Watching Keyes's interview where this is discussed confirmed my first guess: a "fall" in the wilderness, a hilly or mountainous area.

Keyes is indifferent to the idea of masking the murder with a fire before the Curriers, indifferent to the mention of staging the victim's death as natural causes, indifferent to the idea of drowning.

When the idea of finding a body in the mountains and assuming that s/he died in an accidental fall is hinted, he reacts with a tiny moment of amusement, then hides it, essentially confirming - yes, that was the kind of "accident" in question.

So, victims of "falling accidents", probably skeletal, probably alone, probably not outside USA, probably between 1998 and 2012. That's just thousands of deaths to consider!

I listened to a few of the "True Crime BS" podcasts about IK. Josh speculated Kami Vollendroff & Eugene Hyatt are victims of IK.

"Kami and her boyfriend, Eugene Hyatt, were last seen at Boiler Bay State Park in Depoe Bay, Oregon on November 21, 2001." Kami Luella Vollendroff – The Charley Project

This was approximately a month after his daughter was born. Only mention this because of the huge life change he would be experiencing during this time. Maybe he needed to decompress and reconnect with some of his JBLM buddies for a coastal trip. <Speculation only>

“She (tammie - Keyes ex) knows two people on the reservation that went missing while Keyes was living there. One was a man Keyes had had an argument with, only days later he was discovered from a “hiking accident” but he wasn’t known to ever go hiking. This is something she thought of years later in hindsight.” Source:
The last page of the timeline supports the person on the reservation as an IK victim: "Keyes indicated he committed only one murder in addition to Samantha Koenig in which the body was recovered. In this homicide, Keyes reported doing something to the victim’s body or moving the body to a location where, if found, it would appear as though the victim died from an accident. In this situation, the body was recovered and authorities ruled the death accidental."

<edited by me to attach link to timeline> http://graphics.thomsonreuters.com/13/08/Keyes Timeline.pdf

I listened to a few of the "True Crime BS" podcasts about IK. Josh speculated Kami Vollendroff & Eugene Hyatt are victims of IK.

"Kami and her boyfriend, Eugene Hyatt, were last seen at Boiler Bay State Park in Depoe Bay, Oregon on November 21, 2001." Kami Luella Vollendroff – The Charley Project

This was approximately a month after his daughter was born. Only mention this because of the huge life change he would be experiencing during this time. Maybe he needed to decompress and reconnect with some of his JBLM buddies for a coastal trip. <Speculation only>
Keyes had so many countermeasures to try to avoid being placed in the area of his crimes, even that early on I highly doubt he would have committed a murder while on a trip with his friends.

He absolutely could have used that kind of thing as an excuse to leave town for a bit though, he admitted to doing things like that at times.

In any case, I do agree it’s very likely that Keyes killed Kami and Eugene.

Does anyone ever wonder what happened to Jimmy Tidwell? Do you think Keyes burned his body in the Alto (right town?) fire?

Hello...I'm unfamiliar, but here' s the JW thread

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SalmonElla
Back