The Anthony Backyard *REVISITED*

...yes...somewhere earlier in all that babbling I think I outlined at least 3 options that could've resulted in K9 alerts in the backyard:

1) Casey exploits in the backyard w/ the body or something that had come in contact with it (lots of options on this one)

2) Cindy exploits in the backyard w/ item(s) (e.g. pants, boots, knive, etc.) recovered from the Pontiac 7/15-7/16 being washed in some fashion

3) George setting down the gas can(s) in the back yard incidentally leaving trace decomposition from residual on the bottom of the can(s) after recovering them from Casey 6/24.

FWIW...a moved hose reel on 7/15-7/16 would support #2 a bit.

I haven't seen any corroboration of a faucet attachment being taken by LE. I'd appreciate it if someone has & can provide. TIA!

the talk of the faucet attachment would have been at the very start....when LE was there the first time.....i dont know if it was chatter ....watching LE take things out of the house and people viewing it on the web cams.....or it could have been said on one of the talk shows like nancy grace....but i do remember it....because i remember the questions i had about it....being something like what you find in the kitchen.....i was curious if they had a sink on the back porch....because that is the kind of attachment i was thinking it was at the time :)

boy....when i have time...i will try and go back to find when the chatter was on it.....:blowkiss:

I'm just thinking, and have two general observations to add -

1. Orlando has two water systems, correct? one is treated, potable water, one recaptured storm or similar for lawn use. The faucet on the house most likely treated, with a second faucet for the recaptured water elsewhere. Would you use the recap water in the pool?

2. Those quick-connect things don't work well on the actual faucet (pressure), based on personal experience. We have a short jump hose, it has the fitting.

edit to add: I would guess those with the recap water system would have two hoses, but maybe the A's didn't?

I'm just thinking, and have two general observations to add -

1. Orlando has two water systems, correct? one is treated, potable water, one recaptured storm or similar for lawn use. The faucet on the house most likely treated, with a second faucet for the recaptured water elsewhere. Would you use the recap water in the pool?

2. Those quick-connect things don't work well on the actual faucet (pressure), based on personal experience. We have a short jump hose, it has the fitting.

edit to add: I would guess those with the recap water system would have two hoses, but maybe the A's didn't?

I've never seen a house with 2 water systems, in the 10 years or so I've lived here. Doesn't mean they don't exist, but the cost of running 2 separate water mains everywhere would be cost-prohibitive.
The City may use recaptured water in some right-of-way areas where they do the upkeep (landscaped medians, for example) but it's not house-to-house.

Good thought tho! :)

I've never seen a house with 2 water systems, in the 10 years or so I've lived here. Doesn't mean they don't exist, but the cost of running 2 separate water mains everywhere would be cost-prohibitive.
The City may use recaptured water in some right-of-way areas where they do the upkeep (landscaped medians, for example) but it's not house-to-house.

Good thought tho! :)

My aunt, who lives in Orlando, has or had two water systems. But, she lives just outside of a park, so its possible that's why she had access to it.

We have faucets outside our garage - one is our regular well water and the other is water that has been thru our water softener. Our water is extremely hard so we had the second faucet installed to wash our vehicles. The well water is used for watering the lawn and landscaping.

Perhaps they did the same?

*snipped*

2) Someone mentioned the hose that is visible in the picture. FWIW, I've been looking @ this to see if it fits w/ the reel being moved speculation. First - these hose reels have a short lead hose (e.g. 10 feet) that connects from the faucet to the reel box. Then, the short hose is connected to a swivel fitting in the reel box that allows the long hose section to be wound in & out of the reel box. IMHO, in the picture we see the lead hose running from the reel box toward and just behind the faucet (which is curious :waitasec) but not connected to the faucet. It also apears to me that the lead hose runs up against the house when it goes behind the faucet and extends for at least another few feet. It isn't clear to me from the picture how much further past the faucet it extends...but my guess is that it doesn't go much further. I don't see a second hose in the picture...and would be happy for someone to point that out to me. The reason the position of the lead hose is curious to me is that it doesn't jive with the hose reel being moved away from the faucet then back to the corner of the house. It could be that the lead hose was disconnected and just left in the area and the reel never moved. That would mean something else occuppied the space where the colored leaves abrubtly stop. :waitasec: IOW...if someone (e.g. Cindy) moved the hose reel to be near the backporch faucet so it could be used and had to hurriedly move it back...the lead hose might not have been in the position we see it in. It would be lagging behind the reel or even strewn on the ground near the reel. :waitasec: Maybe nothin'.

Respectfully snipped and bolded by me. And that would be me. It does look to me, when I zoom my magnification up to 400%, and look at your pic at post 469 like there are two separate hoses. You have described it as a single lead hose. I think I can see a separation (they are laid almost end to end) between them ~ and the one leading to the hose reel appears to be a lighter green than the one that is nestled next to the foundation running back towards the shed. If you look closely you can see the area of separation immediately above the right corner of your red rhomboid indicating the position where it seems the hose reel had previously been placed. Looking closely I'm pretty sure I can see a hose adaptor, too. It is small, more blue green than either of the two hoses, and could possibly even be the quick connect of which you speak. I was actually looking for that ~ the connector; don't know that the fact that there are two hoses is of any importance at all. . . Heck, this entire case is so confusing I don't know what's important at all anymore. I'm just trying to add my observations to anyone else's brains in hopes that one small piece of the huge puzzle might fit together.

But photos are strange. Wasn't everyone seeing cats or something in all the pics of the woods on Suburban? I'll probably dream of hose adaptors tonight. :crazy: :confused: :bang:

My aunt, who lives in Orlando, has or had two water systems. But, she lives just outside of a park, so its possible that's why she had access to it.

Many of us here in FL have our own shallow well that we use only for lawn care and car washing. But I don't see anything that looks like a pump in their back yard so I would venture a guess that they're only hooked up to the city water.

When I lived in FL, we had our water tested in Tampa and it not only had more chlorine than a swimming pool, but there was alum in it to mask the smell, as we supposedly lived close to a treatment plan (I saved SO much on bleach living there). We got a double osmosis outside unit water filtering system thingamajig and the only way they could hook it up was to include both the interior and exterior water systems. So when we watered the lawn it was with filtered water. Is that what you meant Muzikman about the water system generally?

Respectfully snipped and bolded by me. And that would be me. It does look to me, when I zoom my magnification up to 400%, and look at your pic at post 469 like there are two separate hoses. You have described it as a single lead hose. I think I can see a separation (they are laid almost end to end) between them ~ and the one leading to the hose reel appears to be a lighter green than the one that is nestled next to the foundation running back towards the shed. If you look closely you can see the area of separation immediately above the right corner of your red rhomboid indicating the position where it seems the hose reel had previously been placed. Looking closely I'm pretty sure I can see a hose adaptor, too. It is small, more blue green than either of the two hoses, and could possibly even be the quick connect of which you speak. I was actually looking for that ~ the connector; don't know that the fact that there are two hoses is of any importance at all. . . Heck, this entire case is so confusing I don't know what's important at all anymore. I'm just trying to add my observations to anyone else's brains in hopes that one small piece of the huge puzzle might fit together.

But photos are strange. Wasn't everyone seeing cats or something in all the pics of the woods on Suburban? I'll probably dream of hose adaptors tonight. :crazy: :confused: :bang:

:) Thanks, EU.

I'm looking @ the pic again and noting that I maybe imagining things, FWIW, here's what I think I'm seeing....

• A hose that is green with a single yellowish stripe
  • What maybe the lead hose from the reel that is connected to a second hose as you describe
  • Yellowish stripe ends up to be in a bit of a spiral due to twist in the hose...so it disappears and reappears again
  • The end may have a brass fitting on it and appears as the hose approaches the foundation just on the shed side of the faucet OR
  • The hose with the yellow spiral stripe may continue on against the foundation...disappearing from view :(
  • Between the house and the foundation something happens to the hose...that could be one of many things...the first two things that occur to me being:
  • (a) a twisted kink in the hose - like what you do when you want to stop water flow, but, don't have a spray shutoff, so you double the hose over an kink it to stop flow (I don't think this is it...but explaining FWIW)
  • (b) The plastic handle to the shutoff valve that is located just underneath the faucet itself has come off and is laying on top of the hose. (see example with red handle below)
  • (c) a "y" fitting used to connect two hoses to a single faucet...in this case, just laying loose on top of the hose as if it had been taken off to temporarily connect the two hoses together. Only reason to do this would be if the faucet @ the side of the house was broken (e.g. PVC valve handle as one way that could happen) and one wanted to run the hose from a faucet that was @ the front of the house...in which case you'd take the "y" off, connect the two together, then goto the front of the house to remove the fitting @ the other end of the hose and connect that end to a faucet. :rolleyes: geez.

I did a forum search and didn't find anything about a faucet attachment being taken early in the case. Would appreciate some source info on that one.

Oh...and BTW...there IS a very-Bill-the-Cat like kitten sitting in the mulch just above the "00" in 2006. I 'spect HP would've spotted that one straight away! :thumb: "Ack!"

attachment.php4

IMG_2703.jpg

Slide1-39.jpg

...yes...somewhere earlier in all that babbling I think I outlined at least 3 options that could've resulted in K9 alerts in the backyard:

1) Casey exploits in the backyard w/ the body or something that had come in contact with it (lots of options on this one)

2) Cindy exploits in the backyard w/ item(s) (e.g. pants, boots, knive, etc.) recovered from the Pontiac 7/15-7/16 being washed in some fashion
3) George setting down the gas can(s) in the back yard incidentally leaving trace decomposition from residual on the bottom of the can(s) after recovering them from Casey 6/24.

FWIW...a moved hose reel on 7/15-7/16 would support #2 a bit.

I haven't seen any corroboration of a faucet attachment being taken by LE. I'd appreciate it if someone has & can provide. TIA!

BBM #2 Intrigues me. I can see a possible scenario where CA hosed off the pants, boots, etc from the car before washing them w/ detergents/soaps. I could see someone thinking that thoroughly rinsing off those items, (esp. those w/ poss. decomp on them) in an area where there is mulch or soil would be a "safer" procedure. Thinking that organic matter---mulch/soil would absorb and hasten along the decomp "disappearing". You know, ashes to ashes, dust to dust, FWIW. Rather than taking a risk of having traces of it remain on a hard surface or splashing back onto something else in the home. Although, if that is what happened (IF), little did CA or KC know that dogs would be used and LE would canvas the yard. We've seen how strenuously she's dispelled the evidence of the dogs' hits. She is very opposed to the dogs' use in the investigation, and I wonder if this may possibly be why.

Thank you for your attention. We will now resume our regularly scheduled program. :crazy:

at the bottom of the pic of the side yard by the shed....what is that between the hose and the grey hose box?.....i think its the grey hose box :).....but what is that orange/cream color stuff....is that brick or what?

could the pool box have been there.....next to the house on the side of the house with the shed.....remember the talk about how close the pool box was to the pool.....

Wow! You guys do a great job of deciphering that photo of the hoses - to me, it's just a blurry mess. I'm in awe of you!

at the bottom of the pic of the side yard by the shed....what is that between the hose and the grey hose box?.....i think its the grey hose box :).....but what is that orange/cream color stuff....is that brick or what?

It maybe a paver (like a concrete & pebble aggregate) that has been partially uncovered/covered with mulch. There appears to be a seam or edge that runs parallel to the house foundation...so my money'd be on a paver underneath the mulch.

FWIW...when i watched the Greta video the other night for the first time in a long time it seemed to me that Cindy made the comment about some things needing to "be replaced" at about the time she was looking in the vicinity of the hose reel as she walked toward the side of the house. :eek: Soooo....maybe Cindy was triggered to say this when she saw the hose reel outta place, eh? :waitasec:

FWIW...when i watched the Greta video the other night for the first time in a long time it seemed to me that Cindy made the comment about some things needing to "be replaced" at about the time she was looking in the vicinity of the hose reel as she walked toward the side of the house. :eek: Soooo....maybe Cindy was triggered to say this when she saw the hose reel outta place, eh? :waitasec:

yes....that comment bug me from day one.....and a few others :eek:

could the pool box have been there.....next to the house on the side of the house with the shed.....remember the talk about how close the pool box was to the pool.....

Not impossible. There are some older pics of Caylee in the pool area (one standing on the walk behind the porch w/ the camera angle toward the pool) and another of Cindy (maybe George too?) in the pool w/ Caylee. Perhaps there's something in one of those pics that would support the 'pool box' being there or being absent.

Wow! You guys do a great job of deciphering that photo of the hoses - to me, it's just a blurry mess. I'm in awe of you!

:) The secret is just making it up as you go along :rolleyes:...or at least that's what I'm doin' :bang:

i was thinking that perhaps after they got the car back with the smell....they turned the back yard up side down....and maybe had to wash more then just pants and boots....they could have had to wash ......the play house....or the sandbox lid...etc....or even the spot where GA talked about the ground......remember.....they did a bunch of stuff back there....like putting lime on the lawn....:eek:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Donna_Avery
Back