The British Royal Family #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seriously think that Harry and Meghan should get real estate licenses, contact Bravo, and get on "LA Realtors". They would be great as a real estate team, and they probably know a lot of rich people. Harry could pal around with the other 2 British blokes on the show.

Just a thought.

Maybe but they have been hard to bridle in following basic protocol. Launching charities and organizations have not gone well due to either not seeking professional direction or ignoring it. IMO

This is one of the problems in the royal family. Their visibility makes it difficult to address their disagreements with Meghan (anyone really.) The birthday congratulations come off hollow and disingenuous in light of the disappointment they would naturally feel. It must make things difficult that this is also the birthday anniversary of the Queen Mother. My condolences to all.

I think showing a picture of them together shows the world they enjoyed each other.

Is there anyone here on WS who has not had their world turned upside down?Hopes and dreams are all in limbo?

Plans have to be totally readjusted and rethought and extended or discarded?

This is one of the problems in the royal family. Their visibility makes it difficult to address their disagreements with Meghan (anyone really.) The birthday congratulations come off hollow and disingenuous in light of the disappointment they would naturally feel. It must make things difficult that this is also the birthday anniversary of the Queen Mother. My condolences to all.

I think it was the polite and civil thing to do.

I guess one's perspective colors it. My thought in seeing the Instagram posts for MM's birthday is that these are truly classy people. (And a BRF fan, I am not.) HM posted a lovely and flattering photo of M with her, both smiling and seeming to be having a good time together. The Cambridges posted a lovely and touching photo of M reaching out to a small girl. Nothing but good wishes. The PH/MM pair, however, have posted awful things in the past, such as suggesting that HM doesn't own the title "royal", etc. Just nasty.

Many people, after being targeted as they were in FF, would have skipped the birthday wishes. So, my hat's off to the Queen and PW/DoCam.

Ironically, in FF, PH (or, ahem, his "friends") takes the opportunity to pass along to the entire world private comments PW made to his brother, but insists on privacy for himself and M. Don't think I'd be sending many birthday wishes the way of my brother had he done that. PW grows in my estimation every day. Classy. Very classy.

Herat, it was the right thing to do. Behaving with courtesy and civility in the face of rude behavior; betrayal of private conversations to the entire world, etc. is what good people do. More people used to do it, and I'd love to see more of that today.

I really value civility, kindness, manners, courtesy, respect, and sweet humor.

These values seem to be in short supply right now.

Everywhere.

I really value civility, kindness, manners, courtesy, respect, and sweet humor.

These values seem to be in short supply right now.

Everywhere.

I wonder how true those things are.

I guess one's perspective colors it. My thought in seeing the Instagram posts for MM's birthday is that these are truly classy people. (And a BRF fan, I am not.) HM posted a lovely and flattering photo of M with her, both smiling and seeming to be having a good time together. The Cambridges posted a lovely and touching photo of M reaching out to a small girl. Nothing but good wishes. The PH/MM pair, however, have posted awful things in the past, such as suggesting that HM doesn't own the title "royal", etc. Just nasty.

Many people, after being targeted as they were in FF, would have skipped the birthday wishes. So, my hat's off to the Queen and PW/DoCam.

Ironically, in FF, PH (or, ahem, his "friends") takes the opportunity to pass along to the entire world private comments PW made to his brother, but insists on privacy for himself and M. Don't think I'd be sending many birthday wishes the way of my brother had he done that. PW grows in my estimation every day. Classy. Very classy.

I couldn’t have said it better. This is exactly my thoughts.

BTW, is anyone going to ask me if I’m just surviving or thriving? lol

Agreed the RF knows how to be gracious.

I found the choice of images interesting - The Queen chose one of the two of them enjoying each others’ company
- Charles chose what must be one of Meghan’s favourite images of herself (it’s similar to the look she chose for the cover of her book)
- William and Kate...and this is the one I find a bit intriguing ....chose a lesser-known image of her with a little girl who, from the back, could easily pass for little Charlotte. My mind jumps to the pre-wedding incident where people
‘in the know’ said Kate’s tears were more about the brusque way M spoke to Charlotte rather than about the tights, per se.

Thoughts?

ETA Or is the photo with the child a quiet way of saying ‘This is what it’s really all about.’

Last edited:
Agreed the RF knows how to be gracious.

I found the choice of images interesting - The Queen chose one of the two of them enjoying each others’ company
- Charles chose what must be one of Meghan’s favourite images of herself (it’s similar to the look she chose for the cover of her book)
- William and Kate...and this is the one I find a bit intriguing ....chose a lesser-known image of her with a little girl who, from the back, could easily pass for little Charlotte. My mind jumps to the pre-wedding incident where people
‘in the know’ said Kate’s tears were more about the brusque way M spoke to Charlotte rather than about the tights, per se.

Thoughts?

ETA Or is the photo with the child a quiet way of saying ‘This is what it’s really all about.’
My thought on the tights has always been that KM was fully aware there would be many photos that day and she was concerned about the immodesty of children without tights. MM probably summarily dismissed her concerns, just one of her many failures to see the larger picture. Sure enough there was at least one snap of Charlotte’s ‘gymnastics’ revealing her ‘legs’.

IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member