The couch issue - and painting the walls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else also notice the layout of the house, where each couch was and where Hailey's room was?

I took this video along with the details of where each room was from the search warrant affidavit and it looks like two living rooms with several couches in both....:waitasec:

Video
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=343086

Affidavit:

Items Taken from Home on Chestnut
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/images...fidavit%20.PDF

Search of Car / home
http://media.reporternews.com/media/.../0113_001_.pdf

Search of Phone
http://media.reporternews.com/media/.../0117_001_.pdf

sorry if i did bad on the photo - one was from a Big ountry news video screen cap and the other was from a public facebook album. because the album has children in the photo i just edited it to take them out. i will link from now on.

We can't do screen shots... just link to pictures please. Copyright. :)

Gram, I don't recall where I got the picture of HD on the couch, I think it may have been in the HFH.org site. I don't know how to remove a post so if posting this picture is not allowed, please remove for me. Thank you!

CN2Souls, I've stared at the layout of the house... mostly trying to figure out the door and window issue.
From the affadavit, I get the SW corner of residence was master bedroom. So front of home+ right side of room (or left if entering from inside the home= bedroom on other side...living room front of residence, with kitchen/other living area to the rear of front living room?

Anyone else also notice the layout of the house, where each couch was and where Hailey's room was?

I took this video along with the details of where each room was from the search warrant affidavit and it looks like two living rooms with several couches in both....:waitasec:

Video
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=343086

Affidavit:

Items Taken from Home on Chestnut
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/images...fidavit%20.PDF

Search of Car / home
http://media.reporternews.com/media/.../0113_001_.pdf

Search of Phone
http://media.reporternews.com/media/.../0117_001_.pdf

I think that the picture of the couch in SA's truck with the LE cruiser parked on the side of the road will come back to haunt the prosecution ten-fold. It makes me sad but I'm convinced that they did not take the couch or cushions or anything related to it for forensic investigation.

moo

I thought I read someone on this case that they searched the dumpster. I remember thinking why are they searching dumpster do they think her body was disposed there. Then after reading this thread it made more sense if the couch did in fact end up in the dumpster. If they feel the sofa contained evidence then them going to the dumpster to retrieve it fits. Can't remember where I read they searched dumpster. :banghead:

Remember we had the sister of the guy who drove the trash truck of CC on here... she said they called the police and the police let the truck sit for several days and then finally once her brother was feeling better he went ahead and dumped the truck because no one showed up to search the BD trash and her brother wasn't asked to hold onto the trash either....
that whole sequence just seems weird.....

Why WOULDN"T LE want their trash.......
anyway that is something that has always stuck with me

I think that the picture of the couch in SA's truck with the LE cruiser parked on the side of the road will come back to haunt the prosecution ten-fold. It makes me sad but I'm convinced that they did not take the couch or cushions or anything related to it for forensic investigation.

moo

I agree and not only the sofa, but the trash from Billie's house and Shawn's Mother and Grandmother's houses which was put out at the curb. I suspect that evidence could have been thrown away at any or all of those locations.

I agree and not only the sofa, but the trash from Billie's house and Shawn's Mother and Grandmother's houses which was put out at the curb. I suspect that evidence could have been thrown away at any or all of those locations.

Didn't LE search the landfill(s)? I'm not sure which garbage went to which landfill. Was it better to search the landfill(s) than to get a search warrant for the trash bags put out on the curb? The search warrants would have had to had a specific reason for the search......and perhaps LE didn't want to give specific case information at that time...

JMO

Remember we had the sister of the guy who drove the trash truck of CC on here... she said they called the police and the police let the truck sit for several days and then finally once her brother was feeling better he went ahead and dumped the truck because no one showed up to search the BD trash and her brother wasn't asked to hold onto the trash either....

Imo they bumbled around the first week, treating Hailey like a runaway. Obviously they felt something was missing given all the dump searches that soon followed. Was it the couch, Hailey herself, computer drives, camera equipment? Did they find anything?

I think they took Hailey's bed sheet for scent for the dogs. A lot of missteps are made when assuming a child has runaway. jmo

Scorekeeper, yes they did search several Landfills. We don't know what they were looking for, nor what they found. I guess my post is written from a viewpoint of what we know now vs. what LE knew at the beginning of the case. More or less, I am just lamenting the possible loss of evidence, which could have been placed in a trash can at any one of the three houses he was known to have been at on Monday, moo. Obviously it would be easier to find potential evidence in the trash can rather than at the landfill, that's my point.

I truly feel that both BD and SA never dreamed they would be looked at or considered POI's in Hailey's disappearance. Most of their stories/explanations/alibi's were formulated as case details were disclosed.

Scorekeeper, yes they did search several Landfills. We don't know what they were looking for, nor what they found. I guess my post is written from a viewpoint of what we know now vs. what LE knew at the beginning of the case. More or less, I am just lamenting the possible loss of evidence, which could have been placed in a trash can at any one of the three houses he was known to have been at on Monday, moo. Obviously it would be easier to find potential evidence in the trash can rather than at the landfill, that's my point.

I truly feel that both BD and SA never dreamed they would be looked at or considered POI's in Hailey's disappearance. Most of their stories/explanations/alibi's were formulated as case details were disclosed.

Yes, it would have been "easier to find potential evidence" if LE had not treated this as a runaway during the first hours. Once LE found out that Hailey did not take any of her personal items with her for her overnight, none the less, never made it there.....You are so right with BJD and SA never "dreaming" that they would be POIs. I am sure they pressed LE with the "runaway" theory while they possibly destroyed evidence (or tried to).

JMO

Thinking back to the beginning. Did Billie say Hailey was not a runaway from the get-go? OT for this thread so I will take my thoughts to another.

Thinking back to the beginning. Did Billie say Hailey was not a runaway from the get-go? OT for this thread so I will take my thoughts to another.

My bad :banghead:

You are right.....she was treated as a "missing person" at first.

In our town once you put your trash to the curb it doesn't belong to you anymore.

HEY MEDIA......................ask LE about the couches!!!!!!!!!!!!
Er. There ain't no "media" out there that understands your request. Unfortunately, they can barely string a sentence together.

moo

I agree. WT hay were they thinking? Or not?

(Thinking, I mean.)

:crazy:

Yes, that was me Peeples. I don't think my brother even knew about HD being missing until LE contacted him on the Sunday after she was reported missing. He kept it until Wednesday because he wasn't sure what to do with it. Then the FBI talked to him the next Sunday and went to his workplace on Monday. He and his co-workers did look through what was dumped from his truck and didn't see anything they thought was suspicious. He had Monday and part of Tuesday's garbage in his truck, BD's house is on the Wed. schedule so someone else picked up hers that week. I had to look back and refresh my memory because I've slept a few times since he told me all of that lol.

Imo they bumbled around the first week, treating Hailey like a runaway. Obviously they felt something was missing given all the dump searches that soon followed. Was it the couch, Hailey herself, computer drives, camera equipment? Did they find anything?

I think they took Hailey's bed sheet for scent for the dogs. A lot of missteps are made when assuming a child has runaway. jmo

And I could see why they would think HD was a run away. I can still hear that officer's comment to the dispatcher on Valentines' last February. "Not them again" (something along that line). I am really getting a clearer picture that LE are very familiar with this whole bunch of peeps.

I certainly would not blame HD is she ran away. This whole case and most of the people in it are disturbing, crude, law breaking, pill billies, pot heads and trashy. Sorry I had to say it and I am sure 99.9 percent of you feel the same way. I don't mean to speak for anyone else, but I am hugely perturbed and disturbed at how these people are carrying on in the public's eye. I am feeling it's not all about Hailey. Poor sweet Hailey :( I am praying that DD is not privy to most of this trash that has been going on since his baby sis disappeared. I think he was exposed to too much prior, but it's never to late.

In our town once you put your trash to the curb it doesn't belong to you anymore.

Yep. How many times have you heard of LE or the FBI picking up garbage from the curb....even pretending to be collectors themselves.

Maybe that's what SA could have been doing with the trip to Gma's and she wasn't home, getting rid of any evidence.

As far as HD being a runaway, I think BD & CD were adamant from the beginning that she was abducted....and never viewed her as a runaway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ