The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 17th June - Trial Day 5 - Week 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was one of those who watched the police re-enactment at the roundabout and recall a vehicle with a trailer go through. Don't know if that had bearing or not.
Anyways, not too many surprises so far, except the extent the BC family would go for character assassination. The twisting of words is such a banal kind of evil.
I am haunted by the thought of this lovely lady laying in the cold mud for days and days. May her murderer(s) get exactly what they deserve.

I don't think anyone slept in that bed, he'd have stayed up all night that night, planning, rehearsing, belly-aching. He couldn't wait to get the 000 call over & done with, it must have seemed a lonnnng time waiting for daylight to break... "should I call yet, is it too soon ... ok here goes...hope I sound 'normal' ... umm "
He just ruffled that doona up, not quite sure whether to leave it made or slept-in (Hmm I wonder what would look more 'normal')
Such a coincidence that the blunt razor scratched him, the violent caterpillar landed on him, & crashed a car ALL at the same time Allison goes missing..!
Had he ever been attacked by caterpillars, blunt razors before?

Thats how I pictured it as well. How can they do it? And the stress of calling it in , I mean a serial killer just vanishes but this guy knew he had to stick around.

Speaking of the neatly made bed, could someone please indulge me and post (yet again) the police picture of the main bedroom? I want to compare the picture on the news tonight and the other one to see if they are they same, I thought there were a few differences? My point being that maybe they were taken at different times, and the other one one was after the house was tidied up? Thanks in advance.

And also if the house was declared a crime scene that Friday morning then I assume police found the bed in the same state as that photo? So why then would suitcases be on the bed and what were GBC's answers to that question?

Oh ignore me I see that the suitcases on bed photo was taken much later. Apologies x

I wonder if this was Dr Laurie Lumsden, psychologist (who also just happens to be an old Labour candidate for the State seat of Moggill).

Most likely would be, as he has been practicing in Kenmore for some time now after overseas University postings. His work has been devoted to this area for many years.

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m
Defence: the bottom line was you found nothing, no evidence of a struggle or blood. Ash agrees. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 1m
Const Ash says he found no traces of blood anywhere resulting from the cuts on Gerard's face. Not on towels, tissues, etc. #badenclay

Hmm, because Daddy NBC had already helped get rid of any evidence. <modsnip>

Anyway, those type of gouges don't bleed a lot, they tend to bleed for a short while, and you could probably wipe that away with tissues and flush them down the toilet. Subsequently they would just weep clear fluid.

And i agree Zoloft packet was planted in the glovebox of car. What woman drives around with Zoloft in the glove box. You wouldn't even take it out with you, unless you carried just one pill in your handbag. Allison wouldnt have had those tablets lying around to be accessible to the girls.

Regular lurker here, but I never seem to be able to catch up on all of the posts, not even close.

I didn't get to listen to the 000 call until late last night but I noticed that "Gerard" pronounced his own name as "Ger-red". Thought this was pretty ironic given the bwana making the correction in court!

These people seriously.

And I've been wanting to post about the whole depression/post natal depression thing...... I've suffered with anxiety my whole life and had bouts of depression I was even in a psychiatric hospital with my daughter for 6 weeks after her birth with sever post natal depression. It took me a solid 5-6 months to start to feel some joy in being a mum and feel normal again, and my daughter was planned.

I still take two types of antidepressants for my anxiety and my favourite colours to wear are black and neutral colours because they are easily matched with accessories and other clothing! Geez I may as well be manic with my wardrobe.

My daughter is nearly 5 and I am a very happy person but could only imagine all of the cr@p a family like the Baden-Clays would throw in my direction when trying to play the depression card. I would be one massive lunatic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an early morning thought about the 000 call

GBC phoned his sister @ 7:11 for 2:38m
GBC phoned the police hotline 1300# @7:15 for 20 seconds
GBC phoned 112 emergency (not 000) @ 7:15 for 3:31m
GBC phoned his sister @ 7:19

In his 112 call he said to the operator "I phoned the 131 number but it went on forever". Is 20 seconds a very long time? Perhaps it is if you are in a panic but perhaps not if you are making a non-alarmist precautionary call. It doesn't seem right to me.

GBC hesitated for a long time when the operator asked his name. He may have been distracted by something nearby. My theory is that he was in deceit mode.

He admits to using the fake Overland email account to inquire on other agents listings - apparently a strategy for agents. I don't doubt he also used a pseudonym on the phone sometimes to fake interest in other agents property listings or 'sign jump' directly to property owners. Use a fake name to get information.

When the operator asked his name he had momentary confusion 'this is a faked call - who am I pretending to be - oh me'. I think that is why he paused to recall his name.

Just a thought - probably should have stayed in bed!!

Another thought is that he drew that picture and said we did it there, we did there ect. Rubbing her face in it. One comment in the diary that struck me was "you smell" what an ultra mean thing to say. The pic to me is him rubbing her nose in it and probably in detail telling her that toni did things to him that allison didnt or couldnt do to him.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Yup that's the one detail of all this that makes my blood boil. :censored: you, Gerard, everybody has an odor, it is :censored: normal. Nobody is obligated to try to bathe away their normal scent or douse themselves in who-knows-what perfumes etc in order to avoid offending your delicate :censored: nose. :censored: you for making her feel anything but normal and beautiful.

Perhaps they did go to bed normally that night, but at some time during the night an argument started about Toni and the conference and then it all went bad.

It could be that when the 000 operator asked 'when did you last see your wife?' his reflex response 'when we went to bed' was true, then he changed it to 'I went to bed' because that is where the denial begins...

GBC phoned 112 emergency (not 000) @ 7:15 for 3:31m
GBC phoned his sister @ 7:19

In his 112 call he said to the operator "I phoned the 131 number but it went on forever". Is 20 seconds a very long time? Perhaps it is if you are in a panic but perhaps not if you are making a non-alarmist precautionary call. It doesn't seem right to me.

I'm pretty sure that calls are timed from when the connection is made, not the start of the ringtone. So it could have rung for some time - and not been timed - and then flicked through to a standard "Your call is important to us, so please stay on the line" type of answering machine. At which point he hangs up...

Just a thought.

:eek:fftobed: :eek:fftobed: :eek:fftobed: :eek:fftobed: :eek:fftobed:

0:00 in my country - I'm going to sleep for some hours, then will awake suddenly without really reason and will think of you busy posters. I will take

:cup: and perhaps another :cup: and a (?) cigarette and will read, what you have to tell (or a twitter account or both).

Gute Nacht!

On the TV there is a scene to be seen with a dead woman and FINGERNAIL SCRATCHES.

I was one of those who watched the police re-enactment at the roundabout and recall a vehicle with a trailer go through. Don't know if that had bearing or not.
Anyways, not too many surprises so far, except the extent the BC family would go for character assassination. The twisting of words is such a banal kind of evil.
I am haunted by the thought of this lovely lady laying in the cold mud for days and days. May her murderer(s) get exactly what they deserve.

Nbc has a trailer parked in the driveway for years?????

Mr Baden-Clay confided in Sergeant Andrew Jackson. “I had an affair last year and obviously that has put a strain on the relationship, but we’ve been working through it,” Mr Baden-Clay had said.

Four days earlier, Relationships Australia counsellor Carmel Ritchie assessed the Baden-Clays’ marriage as “in crisis”.

As I understand (IMO/MOO etc)
He had an affair. Called it off when Allison found out. Then when TM was adjusting to life after GBC, he called her and the affair started up again.

I believe that night Allison found out that the affair had started up again and the s**t hit the fan big time. The pressure of this, plus a heated conversation with TM on the phone before dinner, the upcoming clash of them both attending the conference the following morning plus "being on the bones of their arse" was the perfect storm for the events for her murder.

It is as plain as the nose on your face (or the scratches on his face and the abrasions on his body) that the night if the 19th was NOT business as usual.

The 000 recording and interview transcripts show (to me) that most questions answered with the characteristic 'UM' at the beginning are him pausing to get his story straight first. Extra processing time rather than just telling the truth as it happened. Eg..

And what’s happening there?
“UM (pause - lie following) I don’t want to be an alarmist”
(no pause - truth following) “My wife isn’t home”
“UM (pause - lie following) I don’t know where she is”

When did you last see her?
"UM (pause - lie following) last night when we went to bed UM (pause - lie following) and I went to bed”
“UM (pause - lie following - he knows she didn’t have her phone with her) I texted her and called her a number of times. I think she had her phone with her.”
“UM but UM and... “ (pause...but... pause - can’t think of anything truthful say)

Stay tuned... another post following with something else I picked up on...

At first I couldn't hear anything really bad about that 000 call.

Nothing would alert me if I were the operator.

But yes, when it's dissected there's hesitations on name height age etc.
Very minor though.

Regarding the 000 transcript...

Operator: "What's your location"
GBC: "Brookfield" (vague answer?)

Operator: "Whereabouts in Brookfield, sir?"
GBC: "Ah, 593 Brookfield Road, Brookfield"

Wasn't he driving "the streets" looking for Allison?
GBC: "[INDISTINCT] I'm now driving the streets"

So which is it?
Another lie perhaps?

IMO/MOO

Mr Baden-Clay confided in Sergeant Andrew Jackson. &#8220;I had an affair last year and obviously that has put a strain on the relationship, but we&#8217;ve been working through it,&#8221; Mr Baden-Clay had said.

Four days earlier, Relationships Australia counsellor Carmel Ritchie assessed the Baden-Clays&#8217; marriage as &#8220;in crisis&#8221;.

As I understand (IMO/MOO etc)
He had an affair. Called it off when Allison found out. Then when TM was adjusting to life after GBC, he called her and the affair started up again.

I believe that night Allison found out that the affair had started up again and the s**t h
it the fan big time. The pressure of this, plus a heated conversation with TM on the phone before dinner, the upcoming clash of them both attending the conference the following morning plus "being on the bones of their arse" was the perfect storm for the events for her murder.

It is as plain as the nose on your face (or the scratches on his face and the abrasions on his body) that the night if the 19th was NOT business as usual.

The 000 recording and interview transcripts show (to me) that most questions answered with the characteristic 'UM' at the beginning are him pausing to get his story straight first. Extra processing time rather than just telling the truth as it happened. Eg..

And what&#8217;s happening there?
&#8220;UM (pause - lie following) I don&#8217;t want to be an alarmist&#8221;
(no pause - truth following) &#8220;My wife isn&#8217;t home&#8221;
&#8220;UM (pause - lie following) I don&#8217;t know where she is&#8221;

When did you last see her?
"UM (pause - lie following) last night when we went to bed UM (pause - lie following) and I went to bed&#8221;
&#8220;UM (pause - lie following - he knows she didn&#8217;t have her phone with her) I texted her and called her a number of times. I think she had her phone with her.&#8221;
&#8220;UM but UM and... &#8220; (pause...but... pause - can&#8217;t think of anything truthful say)

Stay tuned... another post following with something else I picked up on...

Very inciteful Whitechapel, looking forward to your next post

I'm on my way into court, getting there early today so hopefully I'll get a seat. I wonder what we'll find out about today?

TRUTH?

What happened to your truth will be told.

Was that the truth Olivia? Depression?
Your brother loved humiliating Allison, is it a family trait? Where did you both learn how to hurt.

Olivia's statement outside court.
[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju98sE-Xa4o[/ame]

There seems to be 2 different photos of the GBC's and Allison's bedroom. The one they showed on the news last night had a white quilt cover and the bed looked slept in and the sheets and quilt are just pulled up to make it look a little bit tidy. The picture on the virtual tour looking at the bed from the ensuite shows no quilt cover as you can see the sheets tucked in and the yellow/cream bed base.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonFly57