The death of Princess Diana

i missed this, due to work, this morning, but would have liked to watch it....as you others have posted, RIP Princess..

It looked really nice; yes I was impressed too by Harry's speaking. They still seem to remember and love her; I think Harry said she was "the best mum in the entire world". WOW. (I don't know that my kids would say that; oh well.)

It looked really nice; yes I was impressed too by Harry's speaking. They still seem to remember and love her; I think Harry said she was "the best mum in the entire world". WOW. (I don't know that my kids would say that; oh well.)

Yes they would Marthatex!!!!

RIP Peoples Princess Di!!!

I dont know much about this but I was wondering why they are just now doing a memorial service? Such a tragedy.

This is the ten year anniverasy of Diannas death.

I can't seem to get enough of Diana. I was so upset when I learned of her death. I was watching CNN and our (Canadian) Lyndon Soles in Atlanta broke the news. In fact if anyone remembers he was later fired by CNN because he disobeyed his producer and refused to announce her death until he received confirmation. Because of it, other networks beat CNN to it.

This past weekend there has been so much on TV and I've watched every bit. I've watched 2 movies, one was on Lifetime. Did anyone watch this about an American Reporter who was one of the first on the accident scene? Very intereresting.

I even watched Matt Lauer's interview again with the two Princes.

It's so very sad that she is gone. I wonder what she would be doing today.

oh ok thanks dingo, I cant believe it has been that long.

I can't seem to get enough of Diana. I was so upset when I learned of her death. I was watching CNN and our (Canadian) Lyndon Soles in Atlanta broke the news. In fact if anyone remembers he was later fired by CNN because he disobeyed his producer and refused to announce her death until he received confirmation. Because of it, other networks beat CNN to it.

This past weekend there has been so much on TV and I've watched every bit. I've watched 2 movies, one was on Lifetime. Did anyone watch this about an American Reporter who was one of the first on the accident scene? Very intereresting.

I even watched Matt Lauer's interview again with the two Princes.

It's so very sad that she is gone. I wonder what she would be doing today.

jilly,

I also remember when I heard of the accident. I thought I was watching CNN (but I may be wrong),I was just about to turn in for the night at sometime after 11:00,and suddenly the broadcaster said there was an accident involving Princess Diana. So I stayed up a little longer,and a few minutes later they said there was an accident,but Diana appeared to be okay. A few minutes later,they were reporting that Diana may have injuries to her leg,but nothing was confirmed and it didn't seem like anything life threatening.About twenty minutes or so later,the broadcaster seemed a bit rattled,and said: "Oh my goodness! This is terrible news, Princess Diana has died!" It seemed so out of character for a broadcaster to get so emotional.Of course,after hearing this,I was up until 4:00 in the morning listening to the news. It was so sad,and I can't believe it was 10 years ago already.

jilly,

I also remember when I heard of the accident. I thought I was watching CNN (but I may be wrong),I was just about to turn in for the night at sometime after 11:00,and suddenly the broadcaster said there was an accident involving Princess Diana. So I stayed up a little longer,and a few minutes later they said there was an accident,but Diana appeared to be okay. A few minutes later,they were reporting that Diana may have injuries to her leg,but nothing was confirmed and it didn't seem like anything life threatening.About twenty minutes or so later,the broadcaster seemed a bit rattled,and said: "Oh my goodness! This is terrible news, Princess Diana has died!" It seemed so out of character for a broadcaster to get so emotional.Of course,after hearing this,I was up until 4:00 in the morning listening to the news. It was so sad,and I can't believe it was 10 years ago already.

Oh my goodness capps. What a shock for you to hear it that way. I must have been in shock too because don't remember any details of the first coverage. I can't remember how long it was before Lyndon (CNN) said she had died but it seems to me it was quite a while. Maybe it just seemed that way.We didn't have cable back then and I just stayed with CNN. Like you, I was up all night too. I just couldn't believe it!
It is hard to believe it was 10 years ago.

Oh my goodness capps. What a shock for you to hear it that way. I must have been in shock too because don't remember any details of the first coverage. I can't remember how long it was before Lyndon (CNN) said she had died but it seems to me it was quite a while. Maybe it just seemed that way.We didn't have cable back then and I just stayed with CNN. Like you, I was up all night too. I just couldn't believe it!
It is hard to believe it was 10 years ago.

Same here...I heard it on ABC, I think...I think it was Peter Jennings and they broke into something we were watching...and then I think we changed it to MSNBC...but that was exactly the way it went...she was in an accident...her leg was injured...I remember them then saying she was gravely injured and I think I knew then, she was probably dead...and then they announced it and I was up all night watching. I couldn't believe it. I still can't.

Did any of you watch the movie "The Queen"? It was about the Royals when Diana died and what happened in the palace.

I was shocked at Prince Phillip's horrible attitude toward Diana when she died. And pleasantly surprised about Charles.

Did any of you watch the movie "The Queen"? It was about the Royals when Diana died and what happened in the palace.

I was shocked atPrince Phillip's horrible attitude toward Diana when she died.And pleasantly surprised about Charles.

http://www.thequeenmovie.co.uk/

I haven't seen the movie yet- I think I would find it a bit boring, as pretty much anything to do with the Royals does :p

Diana was the best thing that ever happened to that royal family- how courageous she was, giving hope to AIDS sufferers everywhere, fighting for the banning of landmines..

I was shocked at Prince Phillip's horrible attitude toward Diana when she died. And pleasantly surprised about Charles.

Yes, we did. It was a wonderful film and beautifully done.

Helen Mirren is incredible in anything she does. I love her in the PBS "Prime Suspect" series.

And yes, Prince Phillip was/is a true *******!!!!

http://www.thequeenmovie.co.uk/

I haven't seen the movie yet- I think I would find it a bit boring, as pretty much anything to do with the Royals does :p

Diana was the best thing that ever happened to that royal family- how courageous she was, giving hope to AIDS sufferers everywhere, fighting for the banning of landmines..

Narla, it was an Academy Award winner ... you should see it. I rented it the other night and I wasn't bored at any part of it at all.

Yes, we did. It was a wonderful film and beautifully done.

Helen Mirren is incredible in anything she does. I love her in the PBS "Prime Suspect" series.

And yes, Prince Phillip was/is a true *******!!!!

I don't recall ever having seen Helen Mirren in anything else (I'm not much of a TV or movie watcher), but I think she did a very fine job of Queen Elizabeth in this movie. As a whole, the entire movie was well done.

I should have known that pruned up face of Phillip's would also mean a pruned up view of everything around him as well. I can't even imagine how Diana withstood the man.

Yes! I've seen it twice. It just happened to be on the movie channel this weekend too.
I wasn't surprised about PP. Kitty Kelly wrote a book about the Royals a few years back which gave a glimpse of what he was like.

I was surprised about Tony Blair but I just really like that guy anyways!

I think all of this taught the Queen something. Anytime I see her now, she just seems to have more warmth.

For my fellow Diana fans, I recommend you read the new book by Tina Brown called "The Diana Chronicles". Very well done.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simwolves
Back