The Different "Zanny the Nanny" Stories in One Thread.

Story number 2:

Casey Anthony Jailhouse Letters to Robyn aka Cookie

page 10 of the 11 page letter/note to Robyn/Cookie from Casey:

"You want to know something, I know that Caylee's nanny, the "real" Zenaida, the girl who was my friend for 4 years, I know in my heart that she's not responsible. And I don't blame her for not showing her face. Would you want to be sitting here with me for something you didn't do? Considering the circumstances, you technically are and it sucks. And I know this goes without saying, but outside of myself and my legal team, not a soul knows this. I was going to take Caylee and move away. Unfortunately my plans got beyond tangled when Zany wouldn't tell me where she and Cays were. I had asked her to take Cays for a few days so I could put the rest of our stuff together, money I had saved, new clothes, new everything. That's why I waited to report her missing, because she was and wasn't. I would give anything to go back to that day and to not have let Caylee out of my sight."

ETA: Forgot to add the link for the letter. http://www.wftv.com/pdf/23069597/detail.html

So, if Zany was supposed to keep Caylee for a few days why did Casey show up 'after work' to get her at all as she alleges in Story #1?

I am wondering, assuming the Anthony's believe that there is a Zanny, which of these stories they choose to believe. I know they are on record with this Jay Blanchard Park story, but have they made any statements since the story first came out which of them they believe?

I am wondering, assuming the Anthony's believe that there is a Zanny, which of these stories they choose to believe. I know they are on record with this Jay Blanchard Park story, but have they made any statements since the story first came out which of them they believe?

Lee had gone on record before the jailhouse letters were released that he believed everything that Casey told him or said (can't remember the exact wording). Cindy has gone on record saying that she believes that Zanny was just a code for whoever was watching Caylee at the time; like Jesse, Amy, Annie, etc. I believe that Cindy has said before that she also believes Casey is telling the truth with some white lies sprinkled in. George says whatever Cindy wants him to say when she is around. Get him by himself though and he admits that Casey lied about alot of things; job, stealing things, nanny, etc.

Hi esiobhan :)

First, WELCOME TO WS!!! Great to have you here!

The Anthonys don't really believe any of them, IMO. They just say they do because, well.... they have Casey's back. And, the Zanny-the-imaginanny story isn't going away. They are all stuck with it.

Thank you for transcribing it all , in black and white it is even more outlandish, here watch Lee's demeanor it is like yada yada yada, weird http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3F4CiKsLnk

Zenaida was taking Caylee from Casey to "Teach her a lesson". That is not to prepare for a move as Casey said in her letters, it is a punishment. WTH?

Yeah! Thanks for bumping this post and for the following posters post. So, Casey did change her story at some time and not only did she tell LP a story regarding Blanchard park she told Lee a similar story. But from what we know Casey has not told LE anything other than what she said on July 16th right? All the nanny stories came from Cindy and the jail house tapes where I think there was mention. I want to know if Baez had to file a reply regarding who may of killed Caylee way back when. Anyone know if he did and what it was? TIA :blowkiss:

I really hope that the jury gets to hear all about Timer 55. They will understand all they need to know about Casey's mind when they hear that 'explanation' for her partying and drinking while her kid was missing.

I have always thought the Jay Blanchard Park "smackdown" kidnapping story was Cindy's concoction. I can not believe that Casey allowed herself to give Cindy a chance to change the story.

If you think about it, the first story could have been somewhat believable. Casey dropped Caylee off and when she went back to pick her up, both Caylee and ZFG were no where to be found. Casey's problem is that she thought by giving more details that it would make her story more believable... and instead, it is what is going to be her downfall. But let's just stick with Casey dropped Caylee off and when she went back to pick her up, ZFG and Caylee were gone. No witnesses. No one knew anything but ZFG and Casey. The abduction happened out of Casey's sight... which makes no sense as to why she allowed Cindy to change the story for her...

Now they are in a very public park where there is a YMCA right there so the fact that someone, anyone, would be around would be probable. The fact that Casey just sat there and allowed her child to be abducted, is just... :banghead:. She expects a jury of intelligent women and men to believe that she just sat there? She didn't scream? Fight within inches of her soul to make sure her baby isn't taken? Now we have witnesses (Samantha and her children). We have Casey witnessing the abduction (and doing nothing). The probability that there would be someone in that park that could have helped Casey, at least to get a license plate number, or for someone to stop it from happening, is so much higher than her previous story.

The third story, has Casey giving ZFG Caylee for a few days so that she could move away. She says she doesn't blame ZFG for not coming forward, but that she never did return Caylee. So Caylee wasn't really missing, but was missing, and that is why she didn't report it? I don't even need to comment on this one. It says it all!

Yeah! Thanks for bumping this post and for the following posters post. So, Casey did change her story at some time and not only did she tell LP a story regarding Blanchard park she told Lee a similar story. But from what we know Casey has not told LE anything other than what she said on July 16th right? All the nanny stories came from Cindy and the jail house tapes where I think there was mention. I want to know if Baez had to file a reply regarding who may of killed Caylee way back when. Anyone know if he did and what it was? TIA :blowkiss:

I don't think the Blanchard Park story was told to Leonard Padilla, I think it was told to Rob Dick in the car while they were driving to Baez's office..

Would this be considered Hearsay?

I don't see how the defense can cover any of the ZFG stories since she cannot be proven to exist. No address, no phone, no vehicle registered to her... and KC had been telling the Zanny story for how long to how many of her friends?

I don't see how the defense can cover any of the ZFG stories since she cannot be proven to exist. No address, no phone, no vehicle registered to her... and KC had been telling the Zanny story for how long to how many of her friends?

Well, according to Cindy, Zanny is code for Jesse, Tony L, Amy, Ricardo, the tooth fairy, Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.

ETA: And just because you can't see the toothfairy, Santa Claus, and the Easter Bunny, doesn't mean they don't exist! According to Cindy, she can't see God, but she knows he exists!

The ZFG stories are also found in her Text messages..

Casey also continued the Zanny stole Caylee story after she sent out the Mass Text telling everyone Caylee was missing..

The people who received texts texted her back asking Who? What? and Casey continued on with the Zanny story.

I don't think the Blanchard Park story was told to Leonard Padilla, I think it was told to Rob Dick in the car while they were driving to Baez's office..

From what I read here it is said that Casey told LP the Blanchard Park story, but also seem to recall that it was told to Rob D. :banghead: I am so confused:crazy:

"Snip" :http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...-anthony-update-090409,0,7182648.story?page=2

-- Zenaida Gonzalez, the mystery babysitter, held Casey Anthony down at an east Orange County park and handed her a list of things to tell the cops moments after kidnapping Caylee Marie.

At least that's what Casey Anthony told toothpick-chewing California bounty hunter Leonard Padilla, according to a batch of new recordings released by prosecutors today.

Padilla, who helped bond Casey Anthony out of jail, recounted her conversion with him to investigators: "I went to Jay Blanchard Park and Zenaida and her sister Samantha were there with the kids. Zenaida held me down and said that this was payback for what I owed her. [Zenaida] handed me a list of things to say to the cops for the next 30 days."Investigators have said Zenaida Gonzalez never existed.

The outspoken bounty hunter became angry with Casey Anthony's story and told her: "I didn't come 3,000 miles and leave my chihuahua behind to listen to this [expletive]."

Casey quickly responded by telling Padilla that if he was going to talk to her like a cop, he needed to "get out of my house." Padilla told investigators Casey Anthony never spoke to him again.

Link to LP Audio statement: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...dilla-interview1-mp3-090409,0,7639945.mp3file
Interview with Leonard Padilla (part 1)
Leonard Padilla tells detectives about a pizza incident and Casey Anthony's charge that nanny Zenaida Gonzalez held her down and took daughter Caylee Anthony from her.

September 4, 2009, STATE ATTORNEY'S OFFICE

It would be, except that there's an exception (actually an "exclusion" because in lawyer-speak those are two different things lol) for statements made by the defendant.

So Rob and Lee A. can both tell the Jay Blanchard Park version of the Zanny story, as told to them by Casey. Unless Lee was acting as an "agent of the state" at the time.:floorlaugh: But seriously. IMO at least 2 out of the 3 stories will come in one way or another--and if even one comes in, the defense is gonna have some 'splaining to do!

From what I read here it is said that Casey told LP the Blanchard Park story, but also seem to recall that it was told to Rob D. :banghead: I am so confused:crazy:

IMO
LP was taking a lot of the credit for what Rob and Tracey heard and witnessed.

It would be, except that there's an exception (actually an "exclusion" because in lawyer-speak those are two different things lol) for statements made by the defendant.

So Rob and Lee A. can both tell the Jay Blanchard Park version of the Zanny story, as told to them by Casey. Unless Lee was acting as an "agent of the state" at the time.:floorlaugh: But seriously. IMO at least 2 out of the 3 stories will come in one way or another--and if even one comes in, the defense is gonna have some 'splaining to do!

I didn't think Rob was on the witness list? Actually, I don't think Rob, Tracey, the millionth Tony, or Leonard Padilla were on the witness list? I can't say for sure, but there's that whole issue with them signing a contract with the defense, and I don't think the State even wants to go there?

OT: But I also think the reason LP acts the way he does is because he so expected to be part of this trial and he is mad that he isn't and has tried to buddy up to the defense so that they would put him on their witness list. It didn't happen though.

Wow, I missed this thread the first time around so thanks for bumping it! Excellent work Tori !!!

I have a vague memory of Cindy being in the bathroom with Casey while Casey was showering after she was released from jail the first time, and when she emerged from the bathroom, that's when the JBP story was laid down. I wonder if it was in Tracy M's deposition.

I haven't listened to Lee's deposition in so long, and that comment about how Casey went "on record" with the JBP story is a perfect example of why one should always go back to the beginning once time has gone by. Excellent to have brought it forward.

I think even if they are successful in getting Casey's statements post-handcuff thrown out, it won't matter much. As others above have said, the nanny story will come out in many, many, many testimonies. Also, as Tori pointed out (above post #14), Cindy did mention it in the 911 call, but more importantly - so did Casey, even going so far as to spell the name for the dispatcher. Now that can't be tossed out, nah uh.

I didn't think Rob was on the witness list? Actually, I don't think Rob, Tracey, the millionth Tony, or Leonard Padilla were on the witness list? I can't say for sure, but there's that whole issue with them signing a contract with the defense, and I don't think the State even wants to go there?

OT: But I also think the reason LP acts the way he does is because he so expected to be part of this trial and he is mad that he isn't and has tried to buddy up to the defense so that they would put him on their witness list. It didn't happen though.

Good point--they don't seem to be on either witness list. I guess Lee will be the star witness for the JBP story.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back