The DNA

BlueCrab said:
CCKP,

Thank you for your question. IMO the answer as to why the Ramseys are covering up, even though neither John nor Patsy killed JonBenet, has to have another Ramsey family member as its foundation. They wouldn't be covering up for a non-Ramsey. This leaves Burke and JAR as the candidates, with a non-Ramsey as a possible accomplice. But Burke was nine at the time of the murder and cannot be charged, so you ask why the coverup if BDI?

Here's some of my thoughts, listed in preference of what I think was the most likely reason for the coverup:

1. Embarrassment. The device wrapped around JonBenet's neck was not a garrote. It was a ligature device used in erotic asphyxiation, a sexual masturbation technique that accidentally kills up to 1,000 people a year in the U.S., almost all of them young people (but none on record as young as six). The families of EA victims often try to coverup the cause of death by staging the scene to look like suicide, or murder, or some other cause of death in order to deflect embarrassment and perceived ridicule from social and business sources.

2. An accomplice. If Burke was involved, but there were one or two non-Ramsey accomplices also involved, then the Ramseys could have chosen to do what they considered the honorable thing to do at the time -- protect the identities of the accomplices, especially if they were very young.

3. Familial incest. The Ramseys could have been involved in familial incest, perhaps even involving non-Ramsey participants, and the staging and coverup was necessary to keep the investigation pointed away from the family as long as possible, and hopefully indefinitely.

BlueCrab
BC,

Thank you for the response...as usual, your posts are very enlightening.

BC, you are able to dismiss the DNA found under BOTH hand's nails and in her underwear. I believe the victim of a homicide "gives" us clues, and this dna is Jonbenet's clue!

sissi said:
BC, you are able to dismiss the DNA found under BOTH hand's nails and in her underwear. I believe the victim of a homicide "gives" us clues, and this dna is Jonbenet's clue!
Are both of those DNA samples inconclusive or do they rule out only R family members?

CCKP said:
Are both of those DNA samples inconclusive or do they rule out only R family members?
They used the DNA to rule out a number of people. BUt it's a bit more complicated than that. If you check around the internet you can find a full explanation.

BlueCrab said:
HOTYH,

I've brought up a lot of boys, and I assure you that an almost 10-year-old boy can do all of the things you list above. However, there's evidence that an older male could have also been involved in this crime, as an accomplice, and some or maybe even all of the things you list above could be the product of this accomplice.

BlueCrab
BlueCrab said:
o There was no intruder; there was no evidence of a break-in; and there were no footprints in the snow when the cops arrived at the scene at 6:00 A.M., meaning one of the three people still alive in the house that morning, but trapped in the house by the snow because of the footprints it would have left in the snow, had likely killed JonBenet.

BlueCrab
:waitasec:

I shall repeat yet again for the UMPTEENTH time, for those who have missed my previous diatribes about the SNOW on Christmas night.

IT WAS what Coloradoans would call a 'skiff' amount of snow. I have lived in Colorado since 1946. A skiff is such a teeny weensy itty bitty widdle tiny bit of snow, that it would not leave a footprint. IF you would but bend over and blow on it IT would flitter away.

Add to that the morning light and the warmth of the earth and IT IS GONE GONE. WE are one mile closer to the sun.

I was born in Michigan, and left when I was 9 years old. I donut think folks in Michigan would understand what a 'skiff' of snow is. Nor folks in Kansas, er California, er Texas.

Relatives in Houston said when they accidentally got 2 inches of snow, they closed the schools.

When folks in the FLATLANDS hear that it snowed in Colorado, they automatically think we had snow up to our armpits. Noooooooooooooooooooooo.

:banghead: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo:

Camper

Are you saying that someone could have got JonBenet out of the house without leaving footprints in the snow?

narlacat said:
Camper

Are you saying that someone could have got JonBenet out of the house without leaving footprints in the snow?

Yes, actually now that you ask. Someone who was not familiar with the oddities of Colorado winters, OR was not familiar with the current weather report for 'that' night.

Perp/s/? MAY/MIGHT have thought they could take her out, BUT, they would leave footprints coming BACK after taking her away. WHY would an anonymous intruder worry ABOUT LEAVING footprints LEAVING?

IF it was an 'inside' job as JR proclaimed, then HOW would they explain the incoming footprints and NONE leaving?

Somehow reminds me of a murder story I read eons ago, the murder weapon was an icycle, and of course it melted.

There was a trace of snow, which had not melted, covering the ground when the cops arrived at the scene at 6:00 AM on 12/26/96. There were no fresh footprints in the snow.

From a search warrant affidavit:

"Sgt. Paul Reichenbach states in his report that he had arrived at the Ramsey home at approximately 0600 hours on December 26, and that he had examined the exterior of the Ramsey home as well as the yard. Sgt. Reichenbach noted that the air temperature was approximately 10 degrees fahrenheit. Sgt. Reichenbach noted in his report that there was a very light dusting of snow and frost on the exposed grass in the yard outside the Ramsey home. Some of the grass and yard was covered with snow from previous snowfalls and this snow was described as being crusty and measuring one to two inches deep. Sgt. Reichenbach states that he saw no fresh foot prints in any of the snow or in the frost on the grass. Sgt. Reichenbach also states in his report that he visually examined the exterior doors and windows of the Ramsey residence and found no signs of forced entry."

Temperatures that day in Boulder ranged from 6 degrees fahrenheit to 51 degrees fahrenheit, a highly unusual variance compared to the other days in December. The snowfall was described as being a "trace", one of six trace snowfalls in that month. Sunrise in Boulder on the 26th was at 7:20 AM, but the trace snowfall had melted by that time as temperatures rose quickly that morning.

It appears that from Sgt. Reichenbach's police report and from the weather bureau data that if anyone had departed the house prior to the cops getting there at 6:00 AM, their foot prints would have been seen in the snow by Sgt. Reichenbach since the temperature at 6:00 AM was still only 10 degrees fahrenheit and the snow had not yet melted.

BlueCrab

http://www.crimelibrary.com/notorious_murders/famous/ramsey/evidence_2.html?sect=7

"By December 28, various local news sources made it clear to their readers that the Ramseys were the principal suspects in the case. While the police made few comments regarding any evidence they had to implicate the parents, the media began to cite their own "evidence." The first "clue" they focused on was the supposed lack of footprints in the snow surrounding the house, which suggested that someone inside was responsible. Later the media admitted that this opinion was based on an official report from a policeman at the scene who noted: - "Strange, no footprints." The next item was also gleaned from a police report. It stated that there were allegedly no signs of forced entry.

The mayor of Boulder, Leslie Durgan, added further weight to the story when she appeared on television stating: - "By all reports there was no visible signs of forced entry. The body was found in a place where people are saying, someone had to know the house."

The facts surrounding the so-called "evidence" tell a completely different story.

The first point to come under scrutiny is the snow cover. News video footage shot on December 26 clearly shows that large areas surrounding the house had no snow cover at all. In support of this, Julie Hayden, the television reporter states:

"We looked at the videotape once the footprints in the snow started becoming an issue and one of the things that I observed was, there did not seem to be snow going up to all of the doors. So, in my opinion, this thing about footprints in the snow has always been much ado about nothing because it seemed clear to me that people could have gotten in the house, whether they did or not, without traipsing through the snow."

Even with blatant visual evidence that proved that the theory was groundless, the story continued to be told. "

tipper,

Please read my above post more carefully. When the cops got to the house at 6:00 AM a dusting of snow covered the ground, as verified under oath in a police affidavit. The temperature was 10 degrees, the snow had not melted, and there were no new foot prints in the fresh snow. However, the snow melted quickly as the temperatures rose fast that morning, and the fresh snow was gone by daybreak at 7:20 AM.

The photos used by Ramsey supporters fraudulently show the partly snow-covered yard later in the day -- after the sun was up and temperatures had risen to 51 degrees. The snow had melted by then and Ramsey supporters know it, yet they brazenly display the pictures and smirk "Where's the snow?"

BlueCrab

BlueCrab said:
The photos used by Ramsey supporters fraudulently show the partly snow-covered yard later in the day -- after the sun was up and temperatures had risen to 51 degrees. The snow had melted by then and Ramsey supporters know it, yet they brazenly display the pictures and smirk "Where's the snow?"

BlueCrab

Sunlight melts snow? I am shocked. Shocked.

alllawn.jpg

Anybody know when the so-called light dusting took place? If it happened after the intruder left then it would be a non-issue. The perp(s) would have walked out the front door onto dry pavement.

Holdontoyourhat said:
Anybody know when the so-called light dusting took place? If it happened after the intruder left then it would be a non-issue. The perp(s) would have walked out the front door onto dry pavement.
Have never been able to find the answer to that. Maybe you'll have better luck. It doesn't seem like a difficult question.

But according to ST it may not have mattered what time it snowed since footprints weren't leaving marks on the pavement.

ST depo:

Q. How about Officer Reichenbach, how do you pronounce his name?

A. Reichenbach.

Q. Do you ever recall hearing about what he said when he met with
Dr. Henry Lee in terms of whether there was snow on the sidewalk of
the house when he arrived that morning?
A. Yes.

Q. What did he say?

A. He said, and he also said this to me, that although there was due to
what I think was an 11 degree temperature outside, there was a fresh
frost and maybe a light dusting of snow on some of the lawn areas, but
on the sidewalks and walkways around the house, as he put in his report,
as I may have put in one of my reports, as we presented to the VIP
conference, that you could not tell whether or not somebody may have
walked on those walkways in question.

http://crimemagazine.com/jonbenet.htm

Police quickly determined there were no obvious signs of a break-in; in particular, there were no footprints in the snow surrounding the house and no signs of a forced entry anywhere in the 6,500-square foot house that sat on half an acre in the prestigious University Hill section of Boulder. The temperature that morning was 9 degrees. A light dusting of snow had fallen and frost had formed during the night and it lay on top of an earlier crusty snow in spotty patches on the grass outside the house. One of the early Boulder police officers at the scene noted that when he walked on the driveway and sidewalks, his steps left no visible footprints.

Holdontoyourhat said:

HOTYH,

Ask the Ramseys what time it was when the snow fell and disrupted their plan of getting the body out of the house. They know.

It made no difference whether or not foot prints would have been left on the sidewalks despite the fresh dusting of snow. The Ramseys would have assumed their foot prints would be visible and they couldn't take the chance. Foot prints in the snow from the house and back again would have been as good as a written confession.

BlueCrab

BlueCrab said:
HOTYH,

Ask the Ramseys what time it was when the snow fell and disrupted their plan of getting the body out of the house. They know.

It made no difference whether or not foot prints would have been left on the sidewalks despite the fresh dusting of snow. The Ramseys would have assumed their foot prints would be visible and they couldn't take the chance. Foot prints in the snow from the house and back again would have been as good as a written confession.

BlueCrab
What footprints?
The R's could of put JBR in the car in the garage and just drove off. No footprints required.

BlueCrab said:
HOTYH,

BlueCrab
If you don't know when the light dusting took place, then you don't know if the weather was even a factor in IDI or RDI.

Holdontoyourhat said:
If you don't know when the light dusting took place, then you don't know if the weather was even a factor in IDI or RDI.

HOTYH,

That could be true, because it's only a theory that the snow had an effect on the actions of the killer -- but SOMETHING happened that caused him to write a ransom note and then bizarrely leave the body in the house.

BlueCrab said:
HOTYH,

That could be true, because it's only a theory that the snow had an effect on the actions of the killer -- but SOMETHING happened that caused him to write a ransom note and then bizarrely leave the body in the house.
I still think this person was just trying to cause as much terror as possible. But lets pretend the R's don't call the police that morning. Do you think they may have recieved a call?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happyhen
Back