The Duggar Family: 18 Kids & Counting

Tell me, what do you think the job prospects are for these "wonderful, thoughtful, considerate, helpful human beings?" Especially the females.
They have not gone to school, they have been home schooled. Would they be able to go to college, have a career in case they so desire? Does it occur to you that maybe not everyone of them would want to have their own super-sized family.

JJenny, I think their job prospects are quite good. Home schooled children are often smarter and intellectually ahead of students their age who have been educated in a traditional school setting. Home schooled children can and DO go to college and have careers. Why would you think otherwise?

I'm quite sure that JimBob and Michelle would support whatever their children wanted to do with their lives, even if it did not involve having large families.

JJenny, I think their job prospects are quite good. Home schooled children are often smarter and intellectually ahead of students their age who have been educated in a traditional school setting. Home schooled children can and DO go to college and have careers. Why would you think otherwise?

I'm quite sure that JimBob and Michelle would support whatever their children wanted to do with their lives, even if it did not involve having large families.

Oh really? Just what evidence to you have that homeschooled children are smarter than traditional students? And by looking at their oldest children that are at the age many of their peers would go to Universities, going for a degree does not appear to be happening with Duggars.

Tell me, what do you think the job prospects are for these "wonderful, thoughtful, considerate, helpful human beings?" Especially the females.
They have not gone to school, they have been home schooled. Would they be able to go to college, have a career in case they so desire? Does it occur to you that maybe not everyone of them would want to have their own super-sized family.

I think the job prospects for the Duggar children are wonderful. They already have a strong work ethic, a strong knowledge base and sense of pride that comes from a job well done, qualities SORELY lacking in many young adults today.

YES, home schooled children can go onto college, they often go earlier than publicly schooled children.

We live in the USA and the Duggar girls can have a career if they chose to.

Yes, it occurred to me that not everyone of them would want to have their own large family. That's their choice to make. As a matter of fact, I posted up thread on that very topic;)

I think the job prospects for the Duggar children are wonderful. They already have a strong work ethic, a strong knowledge base and sense of pride that comes from a job well done, qualities SORELY lacking in many young adults today.

YES, home schooled children can go onto college, they often go earlier than publicly schooled children.

We live in the USA and the Duggar girls can have a career if they chose to.

Yes, it occurred to me that not everyone of them would want to have their own large family. That's their choice to make. As a matter of fact, I posted up thread on that very topic;)

Have Duggar children that are of an age gone into colleges? The oldest one is already married with a child of his own.

Sorry, but the SECOND you agree to put your life on television for the world to see, you have opened yourself up for judgement.

...and I don't know where some of you are getting that I am saying that kids should have ZERO responsibility. I am just saying that it is NOT the job of the older kids to have to raise their siblings.

The older kids did not choose to have a million babies; that was all Michelle & Jim Bob.

Let's look at this another way; let's say that the older girls all decided to have babies out of wedlock. Does that mean that Michelle & Jim Bob should have to raise & care for 20 grandkids? No. I don't think so.

If you are "mature" enough to have a child then you should be responsible for the care of that child.

The older kids deserve a life outside of being slave labor.

I fail to see how the argument about sending kids to daycare is valid. Some people just don't have the option to have 1 parent stay home. But, I would be willing to bet that most of the kids who do go to a daycare STILL get more quality 1-on-1 time with their parents than the little Duggars get with their mother.

To say that the kids are well behaved is great. They do seem to be. But, I fail to see how that makes Michelle's selfishness any less.

I am SURE that the Pearl's kids probably seem really well behaved, too, but I would never condone beating children with sticks, just because it seems to work for them.

Besides, the lovely people of the state of Arkansas are the ones paying for the children. JimBob's 1 run in state senate provides him and his entire brood with free health care.

...and if ANYONE saw the "happy mother's day" videos from the older girls to Michelle it might change your views as Michelle as the Blessed Mother. The girls never so much as cracked a smile and they looked miserable.

BBM

Unless you can't afford to stay home and actually raise your child, then it's perfectly okay to pay strangers to???:waitasec: Then strangers can stick your percious child in a room with 12 children all of the same age. Wonderful, a room full of two years olds being raised 9-10 hours a day, 5 days a week by complete strangers.

BBM

Unless you can't afford to stay home and actually raise your child, then it's perfectly okay to pay strangers to???:waitasec: Then strangers can stick your percious child in a room with 12 children all of the same age. Wonderful, a room full of two years olds being raised 9-10 hours a day, 5 days a week by complete strangers.

I hope you aren't arguing that all the women should stop working and sit home barefoot and pregnant all the time.

Have Duggar children that are of an age gone into colleges? The oldest one is already married with a child of his own.

So what is your point?

To be happy and successful college is mandatory?????????????

wow...you're rough!

My own father was VERY successful and happy up until the day he died, and he had an 8th grade education. He was one of the smartest people I've ever known.

It's been proven that some of the richest people in the US were high school drop outs.

I homeschool 3 of my kids, one just graduated and has a full time job. He plans to go to school for business management AND he is looking into joining the police force. My kids socialize with other homeschooled children, we attend a great church and the fellowship is wonderful. Your child does not need nor is required to go to public school to be successful in life.

So what is your point?

To be happy and successful college is mandatory?????????????

wow...you're rough!

My own father was VERY successful and happy up until the day he died, and he had an 8th grade education. He was one of the smartest people I've ever known.

I believe we were discussing Duggar career opportunities, and not whether going to college is mandatory for happiness.

It's been proven that some of the richest people in the US were high school drop outs.

I homeschool 3 of my kids, one just graduated and has a full time job. He plans to go to school for business management AND he is looking into joining the police force. My kids socialize with other homeschooled children, we attend a great church and the fellowship is wonderful. Your child does not need nor is required to go to public school to be successful in life.

Even if some of the richest people in the US were high school drop outs (who, by the way, do tell), surely you aren't going to argue that being a high school drop out is beneficial to a person's career in most cases.

I NEVER said he was a Senator. Read AGAIN.

...and during 1 of their episodes THEY said that because of JB's state service that they were given health care, from the STATE, for ALL their family.

AGAIN, if they don't want to be JUDGED then they need to keep their lives out of the media and OFF of the TV. She is a complete hypocrite if she thinks that she can reveal her life on TV, in books, etc and then not have to deal with the negative that comes with the good.

...and one would think, that if the Duggars were being shown in what they thought was a negative way, they would not keep signing contracts to allow the SAME people to continue airing their family business.

PS --- Great parenting, leaving your JUST home from the hospital, especially needy, ill child for 5 days to go to San Antonio to promote YOURSELF. I guess it's a good thing that the older girls were there to pick up the slack, per usual.

I hope you aren't arguing that all the women should stop working and sit home barefoot and pregnant all the time.

Does it really sound like that's what I am arguing?

What I am saying, if you aren't up to the task of parenting, don't have any family to help and the only recourse is daycare...maybe you're not really ready to start a family.

I am saying, back off the Duggars....it may not be your way...or mine...but they seem to be doing a whole lot right!

Have any of their children run away? Come home drunk? Been arrested for stealing? Doing drugs? Heck they're not even disrespectful!

Even if some of the richest people in the US were high school drop outs (who, by the way, do tell), surely you aren't going to argue that being a high school drop out is beneficial to a person's career in most cases.

For one, I'm not trying to argue...just making a point that it is not totally necessary that you pursue a college degree to be successful.

Famous and rich people that were high school drop outs....Donald Trump, Jimmy Dean, Charles Branson (owns Virgin Mobile), Let's not forget Andrew Jackson (former president of the U.S. and even has his face on the $20), Writer and Author Jack London, Sonny Bono who was a Congressman and not to forget a HUGE list of actors and musicians. Would you like me to go on?

Does it really sound like that's what I am arguing?

What I am saying, if you aren't up to the task of parenting, don't have any family to help and the only recourse is daycare...maybe you're not really ready to start a family.

I am saying, back off the Duggars....it may not be your way...or mine...but they seem to be doing a whole lot right!

Have any of their children run away? Come home drunk? Been arrested for stealing? Doing drugs? Heck they're not even disrespectful!

I spent plenty of time in day care because both of my folks worked. Sometimes I stayed with my grandparents but my mom didn't want to put them out too much since they'd already raised their kids. There's nothing wrong with day care and it doesn't mean you can't be a parent if you choose it for your children.

Re: Duggars. They can do whatever they want. However, with our shrinking resources, it's not responsible to have such large families in this day and age. That is just my opinion.

For one, I'm not trying to argue...just making a point that it is not totally necessary that you pursue a college degree to be successful.

Famous and rich people that were high school drop outs....Donald Trump, Jimmy Dean, Charles Branson (owns Virgin Mobile), Let's not forget Andrew Jackson (former president of the U.S. and even has his face on the $20), Writer and Author Jack London, Sonny Bono who was a Congressman and not to forget a HUGE list of actors and musicians. Would you like me to go on?

Donald Trump is not a high school drop out. He graduated from Wharton School (the business school of the University of Pennsylvania). Regardless, there are many, many, many people who want to make a great living as actors or musicians, and somehow I doubt they majority of them will succeed at that.

Donald Trump is not a high school drop out. He graduated from Wharton School (the business school of the University of Pennsylvania). Regardless, there are many, many, many people who want to make a great living as actors or musicians, and somehow I doubt they majority of them will succeed at that.

My mistake, it was Bill Gates that I was thinking of. He was not a high school drop out but he never finished college and look how successful he has become.

My mistake, it was Bill Gates that I was thinking of. He was not a high school drop out but he never finished college and look how successful he has become.

I think it's fair to say that most people who drop out of high school or college will not end up as successful as Bill Gates. Therefore, people who drop out of high school probably shouldn't count on becoming the next Bill Gates.

Considering how much abuse and neglect of children we read/hear about on a daily basis here, I can do nothing but look at this family in awe. There's love, care, food, clothing etc. I wouldn't choose to have so many children but, I admire their family. They are truly incredible people.

There are so many stories out there of children who are mistreated. The Duggar children do not fall in that category.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greygooose
Back