The Fax vs Printout. What was it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
fundiva said:
One thing I don't understand. If he didn't want his wife to see the fax, why did he wait until later in the A.M. to call the sister-in-law. By the time he called her the wife would have been up, maybe checked the computer and fax, got ready for work, got the child off to daycare and went to the doctor. I know I always sit down with a cup of coffee and check my emails, etc. before I get ready for the day and go to work. Her chances of already seeing the fax were pretty good - no surprise left IMO.
This is why I think the fax was simply used to get Meredith over there to find the body so he wouldn't have to.

I'm going to assume that JY knew his wife's schedule and knew she wasn't working Friday. I don't think that is a big assumption because Michelle was said to be very organized, and I bet you a zillion dollars there was a very detailed calendar or organizer in the home somewhere. And if they were a normally communicative couple, he knew her schedule from routine or from discussions.

Therefore, he knew she would be home. Knowing she would be home (and alive, ahem) why does he call his sis-in-law to go pick up a fax so Michelle won't see it? Why does he have someone send a fax to his home in the first place? Anytime you initiate a fax, you have to give the fax number to the sender. At that point, one would think that an alternate fax number be given if he really didn't want this fax to arrive on their machine.

The only thing I can think of is that IF he didn't kill her, and there was a (rumored) doctor's appt, then maybe he thought Meredith could get the ever-so-important fax before Michelle got back home from the doctor's appt. I still think that is asking a lot of an in-law.

None of the above adds up for me.

How many of us would call our spouse's (or S.O.) sibling to do something like this? Meredith had to drive at least 30 minutes out of her way to get to JY's home. All to hide from the wifey something you want to surprise her with? (Gee, I wonder what THAT phone conversation between JY and MeY was like.)

This is why I think this fax thing is simply JY's way of getting someone to that house. Either to have her find the body so he wouldn't be the one doing it (and REALLY be under the microscope); or to make sure Cassidy was o.k. as well as find Michelle.

fran said:
I'm sure I read a comment by one of her co-workers that she was scheduled to work that day but when she didn't show up they didn't think that much of it, just that she'd decided to take the day off. I think they were pretty liberal on their days off. Her Drs. appointment may have been early and she would have just been late to work.

The FAX will have a phone number and time etc it was faxed. SO, the question is, when did he order the FAX? IF he ordered it that day, that's suspicious, IMHO.

JMHO
fran
Right, Fran. When did he order the fax? That will be very interesting, indeed! Our old fax had to have the time/date set on it, but sometimes it was off if I didn't correct it after a power outage or daylight savings time etc. Anyway, the company/person faxing should have records too.

I wish we knew for sure whether she was supposed to be at work or not. I thought she was off that day.:waitasec:

BarnGoddess said:
My questions:

1. Since my printer only prints, copies and scans, how does the one with the fax included work? When you receive one does it automatically print?

2. If it was a fax, and LE is in possession of it, then there may be a time stamp if the fax were set up properly. Could this give his "location" at that given time? Would he be out of his meeting and not yet on his way to Brevard?

I have a Lexmark all-in-one and the fax has three options:

1) You can set it so that it only picks up if you hit the ANSWER button while the phone is ringing.

2) You can set it to auto-answer only after a specified number of rings. This is what mine is usually set on. If we are home we have enough time to answer it, but if we are gone to work and need something faxed home, someone can fax it to us and after 4-6 rings the fax machine picks up

3) Auto-Answer at first ring.

My fax machine does print the fax as soon as it is received, so long as their is paper in the machine. Then when I get home from work, it will be sitting in the tray waiting for me.

Yes, my fax does have a header on it, which we have our last names and phone number on there, and it also time stamps, but that is only correct if we have the time set on the machine, which I am sure that we do not.

Fran and Taximom, we are thinking along the same lines, definitely.

If he was at a decent hotel/motel or even an office for the meeting, then he could have had it faxed to him there. Happens all the time. We have customers here that ask us if we can have a fax delivered here. Even a few residents come in and ask if they can have something faxed here. Not unusual.

If he really didn't want her to see the fax, then I'm sure he could have had it faxed to wherever he was at the time of the request.

BarnGoddess said:
Fran and Taximom, we are thinking along the same lines, definitely.

If he was at a decent hotel/motel or even an office for the meeting, then he could have had it faxed to him there. Happens all the time. We have customers here that ask us if we can have a fax delivered here. Even a few residents come in and ask if they can have something faxed here. Not unusual.

If he really didn't want her to see the fax, then I'm sure he could have had it faxed to wherever he was at the time of the request.

Now see, he was a computer software salesman, so he couldn't figure out how to get it faxed to him somewhere else or another way so it wouldn't go to his home where his wife was?

I'm not buyin' it!

JMHO
fran

Jodibug said:
As much as I wish it weren't true, I think Cassie spent those hours alone with her mother's body.

I do too. :( I think she woke up there to find her mommy with a "boo boo" and wandered around thinking that her mommy was sleeping. Poor little kid! :( This is another crime in itself!

Sneakin' in LOL A crime like this one smells of premeditation to me. He knew the girls were coming over on Thurs nite, he packed up a lot of his belongings - whatever in several pieces of luggage, knew he would leave while they were there, planned to call her after they left to see how she was, planned a place to be at lying in wait to double back to the house, surprise her in her sleep and kill her. That's just the basics.

But I think he also thought ahead to the next day and he knew there wouldn't be anyone there till Sat - I read that somewhere - so he had to get that body discovered. Michelle maybe missed work for not feeling good and often had Fridays off, so her work wouldn't be concerned nor would the prre-school. He didn't think they would call if neither showed up, and they certainly wouldn't send someone over to the house. But he had to make sure someone would come to retreive little Cassidy.

I think before he left he grabbed we'll say a FAX that he had earlier received about this purse, as he thought it would be a good reason to say get A good reason to get Meredith to go over there. So he laid it out right next to the fax machine to cover his but before he left that night. He knew probably Meredith would know something was wrong right away on entering the house so would not go to the fax machine, But it would be there when LE scoured the house. And it would back up why he had called Meredith to go there.

Just thinkin' :rolleyes:

scandi said:
<snip>

I think before he left he grabbed we'll say a FAX that he had earlier received about this purse, as he thought it would be a good reason to say get A good reason to get Meredith to go over there. So he laid it out right next to the fax machine to cover his but before he left that night. He knew probably Meredith would know something was wrong right away on entering the house so would not go to the fax machine, But it would be there when LE scoured the house. And it would back up why he had called Meredith to go there.

Just thinkin' :rolleyes:
Whatever it is - and if done as you suggest, there will be a date stamp on it somewhere, either on the paper, the printout whatever it is, or at the company that originally sent it. So IMO if it was received and printed out prior to the 3rd of November - it just looks all the more suspicious if indeed his excuse to Meredith was he did not want Michelle to see it.

raisincharlie said:
Whatever it is - and if done as you suggest, there will be a date stamp on it somewhere, either on the paper, the printout whatever it is, or at the company that originally sent it. So IMO if it was received and printed out prior to the 3rd of November - it just looks all the more suspicious if indeed his excuse to Meredith was he did not want Michelle to see it.

Agree. Not sure what you mean about date "stamp" but if it is a fax it will have the date, time sent, who it's from and their fax #.

jilly said:
Agree. Not sure what you mean about date "stamp" but if it is a fax it will have the date, time sent, who it's from and their fax #.
Jilly,

What you have said is what I meant. I also note when I print things out from a web page, the date and web address is printed as well usually along the bottom. Keep puzzling, you,re doing great! ;)

raisincharlie said:
Jilly,

What you have said is what I meant. I also note when I print things out from a web page, the date and web address is printed as well usually along the bottom. Keep puzzling, you,re doing great! ;)

Well....after all that, I missed the most important part in my post and meant to say all that info is printed on the fax. Nevertheless, you managed to get my point anyways.lol. So......you continue to be on top of the puzzling here RC. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CriminalPineapple