The Girlfriend's Statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not see that written anywhere. Do you have a link?

In the video...on NYtimes website...she says TM refuses to run again the first time because "he be by his house."
This was after TM says he lost him...and an opportunity to go inside if frightened.

Well you are mistaken. Zimmerman's father claimed there was exchange of words. Here.

"(George Zimmerman) went to the next street, realized where he was and was walking to his vehicle," Robert Zimmerman said. "It's my understanding, at that point, Trayvon Martin walked up to him and asked him, 'Do you have a [expletive] problem?' "

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/2...at-his-son-threatened-his-life/#ixzz1vQX2wft2

Zimmerman's father stated alot of things that were completely wrong. We know this because his statements do not match up with the non-emergancy recorded call and also from other evidence that has been released so far. I find it very difficult to believe a word the man says because of it. IF the friend of Trayvons has her story proven to be incorrect, then I will no longer believe her either. As it stands now, I trust her account much more than the obvious lies put forth by the spokespeople of Zimmerman.

MOO

Zimmerman's father stated alot of things that were completely wrong. We know this because his statements do not match up with the non-emergancy recorded call and also from other evidence that has been released so far. I find it very difficult to believe a word the man says because of it. IF the friend of Trayvons has her story proven to be incorrect, then I will no longer believe her either. As it stands now, I trust her account much more than the obvious lies put forth by the spokespeople of Zimmerman.

MOO

Both of them have emotional loyalties that likely effect how they state things and view things.

But it appears (and I don't know for sure) that they missed the lady who saw the two running past her doorway that Gilbreath mentioned because that was the first we heard of it. I was thinking that had to have been from the FBI's scanning the neighborhood. jmo

If you read the actual document, that witness claimed she only saw glances because her contact lenses were out. She also says she can not identify anyone. If prosecution counts on this witness to make their case, it seems rather clear to me that she will be less than impressive.

Get this thread back on topic, please.

In the video...on NYtimes website...she says TM refuses to run again the first time because "he be by his house."

This was after TM says he lost him...and an opportunity to go inside if frightened.

He was on the sidewalk on his way to his house. To her that could have been "by his house". She was not there so him saying he could have meant I'm near the condo". She didn't say he was home and we know he wasn't but he was pretty close. And the length of time she was on the phone with him it could have appeared to her he was also pretty close to home. To my knowledge there is no evidence TM made it home and then ran back to the crosswalk. jmo

He was on the sidewalk on his way to his house. To her that could have been "by his house". She was not there so him saying he could have meant I'm near the condo". She didn't say he was home and we know he wasn't but he was pretty close. And the length of time she was on the phone with him it could have appeared to her he was also pretty close to home. To my knowledge there is no evidence TM made it home and then ran back to the crosswalk. jmo

G/f is suggesting at some point Trayvon was tired so he didn't run anymore. He was only 17 and appeared to be in a normal physical shape and had only run a short distance prior to that. I don't know why he would be so tired that he couldn't finish running toward the house. I am not suggesting he made it home and then came back out, but given the short distances I find it hard to believe that being tired would explain why he didn't run home.

G/f is suggesting at some point Trayvon was tired so he didn't run anymore. He was only 17 and appeared to be in a normal physical shape and had only run a short distance prior to that. I don't know why he would be so tired that he couldn't finish running toward the house. I am not suggesting he made it home and then came back out, but given the short distances I find it hard to believe that being tired would explain why he didn't run home.

We may never know. He may have been up till 3am watching a movie the night before. But had he run all the way home she would have heard him. Seems to me if he was at the condo he would have grabbed something to defend himself, pair of scissors, screw driver (he being such a street smart kid according to his school records) and left the drink and the Skittles there. Who brings a bag of skittles to a street fight??? jmo

But we don't know what time he got up that morning, or what he had been doing all day, or even if he slept the night before. He may have played basketball all day, or done yard work....he may have simply sat around the house, or maybe he stayed up all night doing the things that teenagers who don't have to get up in the morning sometimes do at all hours of the night...

I don't find it hard to believe that he was tired, nor do I find it hard to believe that he really did not think that there was any really urgent reason to run. My boys could play football all day in Southern Summer weather, or swim, or play basketball....for hours, but ask them to walk a quarter mile to their Grandmom's house to get something and they would be too tired....kids are like that, all of them that I have ever met are anyway IMO JMHO and stuff.

We may never know. He may have been up till 3am watching a movie the night before. But had he run all the way home she would have heard him. Seems to me if he was at the condo he would have grabbed something to defend himself, pair of scissors, screw driver (he being such a street smart kid according to his school records) and left the drink and the Skittles there. Who brings a bag of skittles to a street fight??? jmo

I don't think he went to the condo and then came out, since all his purchases were still with him. I am questioning why he didn't go to the condo after Zimmerman lost track of him. Appears he was really close to the condo, and Zimmerman has lost track of him. G/f seems to suggest he stopped running because he was tired. Given that he was only 17, appeared to be in good physical shape, and short distances involved?

I find this odd too. If he was tired...go in the house. Wasn't the whole idea to watch a game?

If the fight videos of TM are legit...his stamina was impressive.

Actually, Robert Zimmerman Sr.'s first statement to any media was that his son never even followed Trayvon! This was before the calls were released! Shows how much he knew about his son's actions that night, didn't it? And he was even there for the walk through?

I believe NOTHING Robert Zimmerman says!

MOO

Are we allowed to post about the parents...question or criticize their actions and statements or believabilty...or only about the Zimmermann family? i truly think Mod clarification would be helpful.

I don't think he went to the condo and then came out, since all his purchases were still with him. I am questioning why he didn't go to the condo after Zimmerman lost track of him. Appears he was really close to the condo, and Zimmerman has lost track of him. G/f seems to suggest he stopped running because he was tired. Given that he was only 17, appeared to be in good physical shape, and short distances involved?

If he was fearful, IMO his heart was racing the whole time. I was only a year older than TM when something similar happened to me only I was in a car. You can't imagine the fear you feel that this person is coming after you and there is no where to go but off the road and down an enbankment. I shook for hours afterwards and was fearful for years after that. Regardless of his size, inside he just turned 17 and did not have the maturity level GZ had. GZ knew what he was doing. TM did not have that advantage. I would not criticize him, myself, for making a poor decision not to run because at 17 you don't think that way. You have two options, he chose the wrong one. Had he decided to run GZ would not have shot him in the back but maybe TM was fearful that that very thing might happen.

He told her he was fearful and I truly believe he was obviously with good reason. jmo

Are we allowed to post about the parents...question or criticize their actions and statements or believabilty...or only about the Zimmermann family? i truly think Mod clarification would be helpful.

I think we can talk about the parents of the victim as long as it pertains to the case. But just to criticize them for anything other than the case I don't think is permitted. But there is a thread above where you can ask a mod that question, I believe. jmo

That is right, now that I recall. He said TM supposedly used the word homie and that TM said GZ was going to die, and also after TM was shot directly in the heart (we now know from the autopsy report) he said you got me, or something to that effect. So we are supposed to believe that TM said those things. Two ear witnesses said that right before the shot a person was screaming and immediately after the shot, the screaming voice stopped.

Robert Zimmerman is not the one who said "homie" and, after the shot, "you got me", that is the story Tracy Martin said was told to him by police.
"What detectives told Trayvon’s father
Detectives gave Tracy Martin, Trayvon’s father, an account of the events that Mr. Martin finds hard to believe. Trayvon's father, Tracy Martin, was told that Trayvon approached Mr. Zimmerman twice. First, he walked up to Mr. Zimmerman’s vehicle and asked why he was following him. Mr. Zimmerman denied following him. Trayvon walked away, and Mr. Zimmerman got out of his vehicle. Trayvon then approached him from behind a building and said, “What’s your problem, homie?” Mr. Zimmerman said he did not have a problem, and Trayvon attacked him. Trayvon hit Mr. Zimmerman and pinned him to the ground. Mr. Zimmerman pulled his gun as he was being beat and fired one shot. “You got me,” Trayvon said, falling back."

I agree 100%, sounds unbelievable.

Actually, no. According to GZ, he was hit from behind, no words exchanged. I edited this because I now recall that GZ said he was verbally confronted by TM while he was in his car, yet it is obvious from the 911 calls that he was not.
Link please, TIA

Maybe due to GZ cutting him off at the path. Who knows that complex better GZ or TM who had just began staying there?

I also believe it's etched in the mind of african american boys or minorities...you don't run for fear of being shot in the back...at least in my neighborhood that's what I'm told when I asked some of the teens around here about TM...we don't run with our backs to anyone, that makes us a target..so take it for what that's worth...

he was very aware of being followed, all this could have been avoided if GZ wasnt hellbent on getting the *******s who seem to always get away..Mentality drives GZ actions..if not for GZ...

Maybe TM didn't feel like running home, maybe at that moment he didn't feel threatened. Who knows, all I know at this point is he was simply going to the store to get goodies and didn't make it home because some neighboorhood watch guy got a bit too "involved". Plus, maybe TM wanted to talk on the phone, in private, a little longer to his "girlfriend". He should be able to do that, he should be able to walk around the neighboorhood, fast or slow without being questioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blackburne