The Sidebar - Harris Trial

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm taking my children later today. My 9 year old is beyond excited. I hate to see her disappointed so I make sure we talk about how both candidates have people who like them, and its always a 50/50 chance.

I'm waiting for my husband to get home from work, so we can all go together, I am hoping lines are not to long, we still have to register too.
We go as a family too. My son gets so excited that the hard part is getting him to stop telling everyone in line who mommy and daddy are voting for. We vote at a middle school so am hoping they see friends there and get distracted...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I just want to thank all the knowledgeable, passionate posters on this thread. This is the first time since CA that I've followed a trial so closely. Although I did not post that often, I read every thread and every post, and although I personally believe RH did this intentionally, I really appreciate understanding all the different points of view especially from those who disagree, because I never want to be as blindsided and shocked as I was when CA was found Not Guilty. It helps me to be prepared for anything and to understand from those who have such amazing knowledge of the details of the case, the trial, and the law where the issues of reasonable doubt, bias, and different perspectives come into play.

Hoping the jury is as thoughtful, informed, and passionate about Justice for Cooper as all the posters here.

Do smokers even go that often? I wonder if they don't all mesh and for sanity sake have built in these breaks. I have never seen a schedule like this in all the court cases I have followed.

I haven't either. I think they did do an immediate take of one sort or another and anticipate it's going to be emotional and contentious. Honestly, I can't imagine how it wouldn't be, or at the very least, emotional and intense. This trial wasn't just about a dead baby, but about state of mind and circumstantial evidence.

I haven't either. I think they did do an immediate take of one sort or another and anticipate it's going to be emotional and contentious. Honestly, I can't imagine how it wouldn't be, or at the very least, emotional and intense. This trial wasn't just about a dead baby, but about state of mind and circumstantial evidence.
Can't they hand out nicorrett gum and call it a break? [emoji1]

I wonder, if because his career has been mostly dealing with crimes against children, if he feels the need to be present until verdict. I would assume it's a very emotional job whenever the victim is a child and maybe they get super attached

IMO he's there to be on hand for any jury questions. Det. Flores was there every day of the Arias trial, penalty phases and deliberations.

Honestly, it might be best for JRH if the verdict came out today or tomorrow so it gets overshadowed by the election in the media. Especially if he is acquitted.
Honestly if I'm him I'd want it right away so I know. The waiting would kill me. I'm a glass half empty kind of person (that married a glass half full person grrrrr) so if I am him I assume I'm away for life and anything sooner is gravy

I prefer elk meat to venison. My former grandmother in-law would make mince meat pie filling with elk meat if the boys bagged an elk during hunting season. It makes the best mince meat pie ever!

I prefer a good cabernet to hard alcohol cocktails. I also love a big mug of Irish Breakfast tea with a shot of Baileys in it. The latter is how we start our mornings at Burning Man every year :happydance:

Some of the best things to come out of Canada are poutine and nanaimo bars. And one of my best friends, who lives outside of Montreal.

I'm celebrating the closing today of a new loan refinancing my mortgages. Saving about $350/month with my new payments and getting enough cash out of my equity to renovate my bathroom. woohoo!

The jurors and Cooper are in my thoughts and prayers tonight.

Swoon, Burning Man. Someday I hope to do that!! I almost have all the gear to tackle it, but I always chicken out and just do Bonnaroo.

Can't they hand out nicorrett gum and call it a break? [emoji1]

Maybe none of them are smokers, they're already best friends, and the duly elected foreman just likes orderly breaks. And an early supper. ;)

This tea reading of invisible jurors is always one of my favorite parts of trial. Does anyone else remember crock pots and runaway emus?

IMO he's there to be on hand for any jury questions. Det. Flores was there every day of the Arias trial, penalty phases and deliberations.

Good point, though the roles of each via counsel seemed different.

Duffie Dixon 11AliveVerified account
‏@DuffieDixon
Jurors already sent a note saying they will be taking daily breaks at 10:30, 12:30 and 2:30 and leaving at 4:30. Jurors will NOT be working late on ANY day.

The group (or its leader) obviously likes structure. They don't sound very flexible, either. Just an observation.

‏@DuffieDixon
Jurors already sent a note saying they will be taking daily breaks at 10:30, 12:30 and 2:30 and leaving at 4:30. Jurors will NOT be working late on ANY day.

are they still starting at 8:30 every morning?

Their schedule during trial was something like this:

8:30 a.m. start
10:00 a.m. - 15 minute break
12:00 p.m. - lunch 'til 1:00 p.m.
3:00 p.m. - 15 minute break
4:30 p.m. - end of day

Do we know the makeup of final jury? Who ended up in alternate land?

I just can't imagine how it's his job to be there at all. Testimony's over.

IIRC, Det. Flores was with Juan Martinez throughout the Jodi Arias trial and during jury deliberations. How is this different?

‏@DuffieDixon

12:30? Maybe they'll be eating lunch in jury room? 12:30-1 lunch?

Can someone please fill me in on why cameras are still in the court room and RH is still there? Are they going to sit in an empty court room day after day until verdict???

IIRC, Det. Flores was with Juan Martinez throughout the Jodi Arias trial and during jury deliberations. How is this different?

Yah. Probably just optics. Flores sitting with JM, exchanging whispers along the way during testimony, Stoddard not interacting with counsel, or even sitting close enough to their table for any exchanges.

Jury will be dismissed at noon today to go vote!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonFly57