The Trash Bag in Casey's Trunk

I wonder why the lab, rather then LE, had to make that determination. Seems odd. Not that it matters, the smell didn't come from pizza, whether it was or wasn't there.

I assume it was put there to debunk CA's "theory" . ;)

I assume it was put there to debunk CA's "theory" . ;)
I suppose so. LE could say that no pizza was found either in the trunk or the bag, but there could be questions about whether they 'lost' the evidence. The lab report seems to prove that there was no pizza.

I suppose so. LE could say that no pizza was found either in the trunk or the bag, but there could be questions about whether they 'lost' the evidence. The lab report seems to prove that there was no pizza.

Well from what I've noticed... LE doesn't say much about anything when it has to do with this case

G.W. How close was to a dumpster smell...
S.B. Uhm...
G.W. ...the Anthony's car
S.B. ...not, not really, not really a simuliar smell. Uh, and, but again, you know maggots and what have you, I guess I assume that every garbage smell differently.

I am not sure how to take the maggot comment, I put food trash from a kitchen 5 days a week and I have never seen maggots.

Well from what I've noticed... LE doesn't say much about anything when it has to do with this case

I'm sorry, I was not clear at all. What I meant is that LE could testify during the trial that there was no pizza found in in the trunk or the bag, but the defense could question that - and the jury might wonder being that they've heard so much talk about the pizza. The FBI lab testing removes that bit of doubt.

There was no mention of maggots.

That's a mention of maggots as being something that causes smells in dumpsters, not of maggots being in the bag. Simon does not mention maggots being in the bag.

G.W. How close was to a dumpster smell...
S.B. Uhm...
G.W. ...the Anthony's car
S.B. ...not, not really, not really a simuliar smell. Uh, and, but again, you know maggots and what have you, I guess I assume that every garbage smell differently.

I am not sure how to take the maggot comment, I put food trash from a kitchen 5 days a week and I have never seen maggots.

Yeah, I guess I am confused too. For some reason, I always thought there were maggots. Maybe I thought that because there were flies in the trunk, and so at some point there had to have been maggots. ???? :waitasec: It's hard to remember where the info comes from sometimes. :crazy:

I'm sorry, I was not clear at all. What I meant is that LE could testify during the trial that there was no pizza found in in the trunk or the bag, but the defense could question that - and the jury might wonder being that they've heard so much talk about the pizza. The FBI lab testing removes that bit of doubt.

Oops! Sorry, gotcha

Although the forensic report released in the doc dumps yesterday appears at first glance to be the same as the report that we've already seen, it includes a preliminary report that wasn't included in the previous document dump. In this preliminary, it refers to the pizza in the trunk as having existed. Under recommendations, for example: ..."a sample of air from the pizza that was found in the vehicle trunk."

Page #1:
http://media.myfoxorlando.com/photo...606-O_CASEY_ANTHONY_PG._1925-1990_Page_01.htm

Page #2:
http://media.myfoxorlando.com/photo...606-O_CASEY_ANTHONY_PG._1925-1990_Page_02.htm

I have got to believe that the bag is the "smoking gun" in light of all the other rather "weak" evidence we have seen. We haven't seen any forensic testing on the bag, right?

I think that the trash bag would be the least likely item to be used as evidence. It was removed from the trunk and tossed into a dumpster that was filled with garbage...I don't think there'd be any way to rule out cross-contamination regardless of what they might have found in it or on it.

They did test the air inside the bag, I believe... will have to read back to be sure.

We have seen no forensic results for either the bag and its contents or the stain.

Although the forensic report released in the doc dumps yesterday appears at first glance to be the same as the report that we've already seen, it includes a preliminary report that wasn't included in the previous document dump. In this preliminary, it refers to the pizza in the trunk as having existed. Under recommendations, for example: ..."a sample of air from the pizza that was found in the vehicle trunk."

Page #1:
http://media.myfoxorlando.com/photo...606-O_CASEY_ANTHONY_PG._1925-1990_Page_01.htm

Page #2:
http://media.myfoxorlando.com/photo...606-O_CASEY_ANTHONY_PG._1925-1990_Page_02.htm

My mistake! ... the preliminary report from the links that I posted earlier do refer to testing of the pizza found in the trunk, but preliminary report #2 states that the reference to pizza found in the trunk in preliminary report #1 was incorrect:

First line, first paragraph:
http://media.myfoxorlando.com/photo...606-O_CASEY_ANTHONY_PG._1925-1990_Page_07.htm

The reference to air sampling of the trash bag contents are in preliminary report #2:

5th paragraph:
http://media.myfoxorlando.com/photo...606-O_CASEY_ANTHONY_PG._1925-1990_Page_08.htm

Sorry for any confusion!

I believe they will save the maggot evidence for the trial.. The bodyfarm did examine them. On another forum, someone had spoken with the bodyfarm in regards to the maggots. They said they were useful..Of course could not give out info

George commented in the FBI interviews that looking into the trash bag as it was pulled from the trunk by Simon that it contained a pizza box, maggots and A&H liquid detergent bottle. Sooooo...even though the trash bag was tossed into the dumpster and recovered. There WERE maggots INSIDE the bag prior to contact with the dumpster.

Add a little speculation that Casey's prints were on the A&H bottle and/or pizza box and the forensics of the maggots will be revealed at trial to contain Caylee's DNA...Casey is so nailed.

Has anything been released that would list the contents of the garbage bag that was found in KCs trunk at the tow yard? Apartments have dumpsters. KC's house had garbage pick-up. Why would she have a need to tote a bag of garbage around in her car?? I'm thinking that the bag is where the maggots came from.....

Blow fly maggots and house fly maggots are two different things entirely. Those were blow fly maggots. They ONLY go where there is a dead body. They don't attack pizza or anything else rotten.

Just a clue...........the maggots were on the OUTSIDE also of the bag from the trunk.

From the description about the smell being so strong.
Granted the tow truck driver could not smell a bad smell due to his cold,but, did he see tons of flies on the car?

I would think it would be covered in flies...
he needs to think of the visuals....
also, did he notice & did the other folks at the tow yard notice Casey's clothing in the car?
And if flies were on them as well ?
Or on the carseat ?
Or the doll?

George said he never noticed a bad smell the day he got the cans back from Casey that she broke into the shed to steal.
All that proves is that Casey had Caylee stashed someplace else then moved her soon after the day that happened hence no smell yet?
So George did not notice any bad smells that day...
since she had not placed Caylee into the trunk till after her visit and the shovel and bamboo thing?
Are the Anthony's still fighting the BAMBOO?
Since good girl Casey controlled it that day?
They need to get the BAMBOO out of the yard i think and solve that problem ha?
I never believed that story anyway....
Casey still in charge of thinning out the BAMBOO for recreation in the back yard?
I bet she spend a lot of time back there?

You bring up a good point, iirc , the maggets were found on the outside of the bag , where they also found body fluids , on the outside of the bag. This could mean that the baby was moved from one place to another AD and perhaps she was leaning against the plastic bag in the trunk.
I think they should dig up the intire back yard , also fits with the comment " she is close Dad " that Casey said to her Dad .

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592
Back