The Zodiac Killer...maybe?

Is Louis Myers the Zodiac Killer? Man says now-dead buddy confessed to being Bay Area murderer

snipped

Randy Kenney says Myers started the spree in 1968, at age 17, after he broke up with a girlfriend. Kenney says other evidence shows his friend, who died in 2002, committed at least the five murders.

snipped

And Myers, who returned from the Army and began a career as a long-haul trucker out of upstate New York, even admitted in 1976 to a childhood friend [Bob Robitalle] he was the notorious killer.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...zodiac-killer-article-1.1703245#ixzz2uZPpWCo5

snipped

"The Zodiac sign is a Celtic Cross. That's not the cross with the sights," according to Kenney.

Kenney says that Myers was obsessed with his Scottish heritage and that's why he chose the Celtic Cross.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/iteam&id=9441384

He looks nothing like any of the sketches. Although I have always thought it odd that the witnesses gave such different opinions on the Zodiac's age range, no one suggested a teenager and I think Teenage boys are very distinctive as teenagers.

Plus I tend to think if the Zodiac knew he was dying, there is a better than even chance he would go public, not ask some friend to keep it a secret until his death.

I guess with everyone's stepfather being named as the Zodiac I have become a bit jaded. But I just don't buy it.

Add similar glasses and the sketch could be close enough (I've seen worse - they caught the Muppet guy) but they can't all be the Zodiac killer...

It seems like proving you're the Zodiac would be easy enough if you could reveal what the codes mean and how to crack them.

He added that he wanted Kenney to write a book with the proceeds going to the victims' families, ABC7's I-Team reported.

I don't know... would a psychopath say that? If the serial killer gave a damn about the victims' families he likely wouldn't be a serial killer.

If he became religious when facing his own mortality or something and wanted to clear his conscience before getting to the heaven's Gates wouldn't he go to the police and confess properly?

Safe to assume this guy was NOT zodiac. Too young, too thin, was away in the army when one of the zodiac letters was mailed from Bay Area

The real Zodiac has too big of an ego than to make a "deathbed confession." If he knew he was dying, he'd let the whole world know. He LOVED taunting the police and pointing out their mistakes and incompetence. There's no better way for him to exit the world than to let everyone know that he got away with murder!

Sounds way too young from what the living eye witnesses said about him. He did admit to wearing disguises. I really doubt this guy was him, myself...jmo
He could of handed over Paul Stine's keys and wallet, or tell where they were, if it was really him.

The tones of the condescending parts of the letters fit the age range of late teens to late twenty's. between the ages of seventeen and twenty four. Also at one point they believed there was a copycat. It is possible but by a slim chance that man who confessed on death bed to his friend is the original.

The book you mention is titled: "The Most Dangerous Animal of All: Searching for my Father and finding the Zodiak Killer" by Gary L. Stewart (with Susan Mustafa).

The book is well written and details Gary Stewart's story as an adoptee and his search for his birth parents. He is contacted by his birth mother and they have a reunion meeting.

Searching for his father is more difficult, but he speaks with a number of people who knew him and learns some rather disturbing information about him which causes him to do further research. He did not start out with the theory that his father was Zodiac, but rather reached that theory after much previous searching and study about his birth father; Earl Van Best, Jr.

Without going into the specifics, Mr. Stewart comes to the conclusion that his birth father (who by this time was dead) was the Zodiac Killer.

There are many coincidental connections which he uncovers. Physical descriptions match somewhat, described personality traits, skills, hobbies, and patterns seem to match as well.

However, he does not have any of what would be considered physical forensic evidence to prove his theory, such as firearms or knives used in the crimes, souvenirs taken from crime scenes, clothing, shoes, type writers, etc. - the sorts of things enumerated in an appendix to Robert Graysmith's book about Zodiac.

One very interesting item that Mr. Stewart uncovered was a series of articles about Earl Van Best, Jr. which were written by Paul Avery in the San Francisco Chronicle six years prior to the appearance of Zodiac.

came here to see if anyone has watched the 4 part TV series 'the most dangerous animal of all' on FX. kinda bummed that theres not anything about it, but my understanding is that "zodiac hunters" have their own website.

I asked the former lead-investigator, Dave Toschi, some questions a few years before he passed away. I have made a short video about it. Do you agree with Toschi that the Zodiac left finger/palm prints, and if they are ever compared to a particular suspect then we will have identified the Zodiac killer?

Here is the video:

I need you to find a quiet place and get comfortable. Here’s my theory on Zodiac. Please read this with an open mind and let’s solve this case. For this exercise, we will refer to Zodiac when he’s not in killing mode, by the made up name, Bill. Stick with me on this one. Bill is an overweight, unattractive (at least very plain), 30 something male. He works as a security guard or something that requires minimal thought and movement. He still lives with his parents in his childhood home. He has few if any friends. His father is a retired military man. One who requires discipline. He has always treated his son badly. Likes to remind him of the nobody he turned out to be. Bill stops by the diner each day before or after work. He sits watching the pretty girls with their boyfriends. The giggling, arms around each other, maybe the occasional kiss. “What makes them so special!” He asks himself. “Why can’t that be me?” But there’s a glimmer of hope. The waitress always gives him a smile and asks about his day. “Could it be possible she likes me?” After many weeks and days, he finally gets the courage to ask her out. He’s never been so nervous and excited. “I’m so sorry Bill, I didn’t mean to give you the wrong impression. I’m just not into you in that way” he felt the world cave in on him. A searing heat rushed through his body. An anger like no other, started to rise within. A few weeks later his father passed away. The tormentor was gone. Something was changing in Bill. That loser background guy, was about to take center stage. He went through his fathers things and found his gun collection. He was ever allowed to touch his fathers things before. Now he was able to do whatever he wanted. He loved how they felt in his hands. A sense of power.
His mind was set on a girl he used to see at the diner all the time. She was so pretty. He used to follow her around. Watching her every move. He was infatuated. Tonight was the night. He pulled his car over just in time to see her get picked up by some guy. Keeping his distance, not to be noticed, he watches as they pull into a desolate spot where everyone goes to get it on. Yes, he knows this spot well. How he wished he would be there with someone. But knew this was never going to happen. And then, just like that night at the diner, he felt that rush of anger moving down his body. “That *advertiser censored*!” He screamed. His car pulls up behind them. “No,no” I can’t do it. I’m such a wimp” he quickly drives away. About a mile down the road he turns his car around. “You’re doing this Bill” he said to himself. Once again he pulls up behind their car, but this time he forced himself out the door. He says her name and then starts shooting. He can’t believe he has actually did it. He’s shaking from the excitement. He screams on the way back home uncontrollably. Bill is a changed man. A metamorphosis has occurred. The more he kills the more confidence he gains in himself. He walks the streets with his head up now. Knowing he has the power of life and death in him. Everyone that knows Bill, sees this change. He is mr cool now.
I’m not here to write the entire story. My point to this is there is someone out there that remembers a change like this in someone they knew during that time. Someone who fits the character in my theory. People always wonder if and how he would be able to stop killing. It’s possible that this new found confidence was able to find him a girlfriend and then a wife. All he ever wanted was to be loved by someone. I think once he had that, he no longer had that anger in him. Yes, the fame and power was still an addiction. However, he was still able to get that by mailing the letters. I also, believe he had 2 close calls. The Stine murder was way too close to home for him. and That was it. I have so much more to talk about, but I have to end somewhere.

Years ago, Dennis Kaufman offered to sell a piece of Paul Stine's bloody shirt for $50,000 (Stine was a cabbie killed by Zodiac and Z used to include swatches of the shirt in his letters for verification). Yet there is no mention of this shirt being given to the FBI for testing. (Strike one)

Dennis claims that the FBI tested Jack Tarrance's DNA in 2000 and determined that he was the Zodiac. If that was true, then why are they doing this new round of testing? - They already "have their man". (Strike two)

Dennis allegedly wrote a book and sold copies on his website. I say allegedly because few if any ever actually received his book. When challenged as to the book's existence, Dennis posted a photo of a mock-up of the book - a shoddily printed cover wrapped loosely around a stack of papers that was supposed to prove that he actually had a book. When he was again challenged, he "withdrew" the book from sale. (Strike three)

And now, Dennis just happened to find Zodiac's hood and a bloody knife hidden in Jack's old stuff. Of course, by pure coincidence, Dennis has just completed a "documentary" about Jack this week which I am sure will be available for a fee at his website. (Strike four)

This guy is a huckster and a loser. I cannot believe that the media is giving this clown the credibility that it is. Five minutes of googling would have saved them from looking stupid, but I guess a "good story" and a "true story" are not the same thing.

Has there been anything else on this guy? Aphrodite Jones had Dennis on her show and she said they submitted everything to the FBI herself for DNA testing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rutaba
Back