"Theories only" - thread

blocking access to rooftop is a big health and safety issue. Of course what is supposed to happen and what does are two different things but all the hotel rooms in LA have windows that cannot be opened for that reason...JUMPERS. Also access to water supply? I think they would be pretty villagent about that. (that happened at this hotel at least once before)
I was in this LA area just a few weeks before this happened and it is pretty creepy there.
I think the theory that someone forced her up the stairs with a gun is quite feasable and might explain the hand motions by the elevator.

a

Just a thought on the clothes, where they confirmed as Elisas. Idk but an oversized hoodie on such a small frame and mens basketball shorts. Was this the kind of attire she usually wore. Not to judge people but doesnt sound to me what young girls wear - being one myself, i can see why the hoodie might be comfy but paired with mans shorts...why does she even own them. Weird

I think she was deliberately dressing "frumpy" in an attempt to discourage creepy men. That's not necessarily an indication that a particular person was stalking her, of course.

My theory is that she had a manic episode with psychosis, either despite the medications or because she did not take them regularly. She was on several medications for mental health, including Welbutrin which is usually added when the base medications AREN'T working well. She was on the highest dose of Venlafaxine prescribable outside hospitals. These two facts suggest that none of this was working very well for her. Had she lived, lithium may have been the next step, with all its horrible side effects.

Her behavior at the elevator I see as about half regular things and half twitchy weird things that I'm familiar with through friends' manic episodes.

I think her psychosis-induced hallucinations made it seem perfectly reasonable (to her) to climb into the water tank when she did. Her reasons for removing her clothes (if they were not removed by the water movement) would have made sense to her as well. Maybe she thought she could go swimming. Maybe she was frightened and thought she could hide there. I know that hallucinations are often much scarier based on expectations: knowing what she must have known about the hotel's past, she could have had the psychiatric equivalent of an extremely bad acid trip.

I saw a video on youtube about this case and it showed footage from a elevator, the last recorded time she was seen, the video is very chilling and gives me the impression she was running from someone, I believe that she was made chased, scared for her life and hid in the elevator, Does anyone know if any fingerprints when found on the lid of the water tank? because maybe someone the same person blackmailed her or threatened her to get in there without being forced and then trapped her in there. Click on the link for the video and you'll see the chilling footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48jBi86ih5Q

The ledger. To this day I have always wondered if someone checked the ledger to see whom was registered to the rooms on the night she was murdered. Seems weird they would have not. But I have always wondered if they did.

I just don't understand why she made such weird movements in the video linked by curiousperson101. I've seen the video many times, and I've wondered - if she really wasn't high or on drugs (which is supported by the post-mortem reports), then what would her hand gestures be trying to convey to another person? It's not an indication of a greeting, more like she's moving her hands in a clawed manner, if that makes any sense.
Could there perhaps be a possibility that Elisa's post-mortem report actually did find some drugs but it's just been covered up? Because a lot of things in this case point to drugs - her weird hand movements, her friends describing her as 'acting strange' before they asked her to move to a different room...

But that still doesn't explain how she managed to get past a security door which would have sounded alarms when she walked through it, and how she managed to open the lid of the water tank, get in, and then close it behind her, unless she was with someone else. Perhaps someone who worked at the hotel and had access to the roof, therefore not setting off the alarm, and then he/she forced Elisa into the tank? :/

^ She's counting the fingers on her hand when she exits the elevator, except she's doing so in a very exaggerated/agitated way. She counting, because she's counting the seconds that the elevator doors have been open. She's perplexed why it's taking so long (again, counting the seconds) for the doors to close, because she's unaware that she herself hit the "Door Open" button (the last button in the middle row).

There were no drugs in her system. There is no evidence at all of a cover-up. The police wouldn't release the tape to the public weeks before her body was found, if there were some sort of "cover-up."

Others who have stayed at the hotel have stated that the alarm wouldn't go off when they'd open the door. Many people have gone up on that roof.

Also, there was a fire-escape that accessed the roof, which was accessible from a hall window on the floor just below the roof. No alarm on the window.

EL most likely went through this window, if only to stand on the fire escape and view the city. When she got out there, she saw the ladder leading up to the roof, and thought it would be cool to go on the roof. She was bored and obviously exploring the hotel, and figured what better place to explore than the roof?

The lid on the tanks weren't locked on. There was no evidence of sexual assault nor assault in general. No one is going to make a little girl from Canada jump inside a water tank for zits and giggles.

EL liked to play a video game where the character travels through water tanks. Couple this with her bipolar depression, and it really is a matter of "the simplest answer is always the correct one."

^ She's counting the fingers on her hand when she exits the elevator, except she's doing so in a very exaggerated/agitated way. She counting, because she's counting the seconds that the elevator doors have been open. She's perplexed why it's taking so long (again, counting the seconds) for the doors to close, because she's unaware that she herself hit the "Door Open" button (the last button in the middle row).

There were no drugs in her system. There is no evidence at all of a cover-up. The police wouldn't release the tape to the public weeks before her body was found, if there were some sort of "cover-up."

Others who have stayed at the hotel have stated that the alarm wouldn't go off when they'd open the door. Many people have gone up on that roof.

Also, there was a fire-escape that accessed the roof, which was accessible from a hall window on the floor just below the roof. No alarm on the window.

EL most likely went through this window, if only to stand on the fire escape and view the city. When she got out there, she saw the ladder leading up to the roof, and thought it would be cool to go on the roof. She was bored and obviously exploring the hotel, and figured what better place to explore than the roof?

The lid on the tanks weren't locked on. There was no evidence of sexual assault nor assault in general. No one is going to make a little girl from Canada jump inside a water tank for zits and giggles.

EL liked to play a video game where the character travels through water tanks. Couple this with her bipolar depression, and it really is a matter of "the simplest answer is always the correct one."
"No one is going to make a little girl from Canada jump inside a water tank for zits and giggles." Meh. Bad people would do this. Anyone on websleuths should know that.

As for the last part of your post, I play all kinds of video games. I sure haven't went on a journey to find nonexistent creatures, or decided to go shoot people because I do it in a game I like. Obviously she *could* have, but I doubt it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

^ I'm assuming you don't have bi-polar disorder.

Also, no: this isn't like any other crime on websleuths. In the grand majority of crimes on this site, there is some sort of motive: sexual, domestic, monetary, etc. There is literally zero motive as to why someone would just decide, "hey, look! A random girl I've never met before! Let me lure her to the roof, on top of this water tank, and somehow persuade her without using any force whatsoever to jump inside it herself and watch her drown!" It's a completely and utterly illogical scenario.

But why would she be naked inside the tank? Did she undress before getting/falling in the tank, or while she was already in the tank? And why??

Was talking to my friend about this case. Have her friends been cleared? They did say she was acting weird and asked her to be moved to another room by herself before her death...

^ To my knowledge, those were not "her friends." She was staying in a hostel, where you room with strangers. The people she was rooming with claim that, yes, she was acting very strange -- so they requested to be moved or for her to be moved. So when you ask if they were cleared, yes -- they were cleared.

It's quite possible she entered the tank fully clothed, but that her clothes were eventually removed while she was in the tank. All of her clothing was found inside the tank, along with her key card. The water in the tank was swirling, and swirling at a good clip (people were using the water in the hotel); and she was in the tank for weeks before she was found. Whether she undressed herself before she got inside, while she was inside (as she was trying to escape?), or whether they were removed by the rotating water inside the tank after she had passed, we will never know.

She was not wearing very "restrictive" clothing: men's shorts, flip-flops, an oversized hoodie. Absolutely no marks were found on her body, indicating she got in willingly and while still conscious. It would have been incredibly difficult for anyone to have been able to fit an lifeless, limp body inside that small diameter of the water tank lid-opening, without leaving a single scratch anywhere on the body. Also, the lid was left uncovered. If you're going to make a girl drown, or dump a body here, why would you take the time to dump her clothes inside the tank, but leave the lid off of the tank? You wouldn't.

The fact the lid was left off is yet another sign that she herself got inside the tank, in addition to the lack of any markings on her body whatsoever (which indicates she lowered herself inside that small opening.

^ That is an eerie coincidence, I will admit -- but what does that necessarily prove?

I know of the LAM ELISA test also, which is again, eerie -- but I don't see how that proves she was murdered.

Here's a new documentary: https://youtu.be/yda8zcCCx1Q - one of the best researched and produced thus far - which spends a decent amount of time on something that most people disregard completely or simply don't spend enough time researching: why was the video so heavily modified? Not only is there a minute missing, the speed itself is about 20% slower. Why was this video so obviously doctored? And why is the thread discussing he video here locked?

Well, less than a minute into the documentary, there is already a fallacy:

The narrator states that the maintenance had to "remove the steel lid" from the tank. Again, this is inaccurate: the lid was found off of the tank, unsecured. It was never put back on to the tank after Elisa had entered. This is reinforced at 12 minutes, 35 seconds into the doc, when the report states "an unsecured, removable metal latch."

Okay, I'm sorry -- I appreciate this video -- but the narrator again is completely incorrect in saying that the lid was on top of the tank after Elisa entered (around the 20 minute mark). Again: this is completely wrong. The lid was found "unsecured."

Also, the narrator supposes that the sand particles came from the roof. This is unsubstantiated, and very easily could have come from the tank itself.

So in essence, she's saying the accidental death scenario is incomplete based on the fact that it would have been "easier" to just off the building. This is mere speculation. It also supposes that Lam was indeed suicidal. Lam didn't need to be suicidal to insert herself in the tank. Meaning, her intent wasn't necessarily to kill herself and/or to never exit the tank eventually after entering.

They say she "closed the lid behind her" again around the 49 minute mark. That's wrong. I can't comment on the youtube page -- can someone post that on there? I'd love to see how the creators (who do comment on the page) would explain that.

Also, to reiterate: the grain could have come from inside the tank itself. Or she could have simply laid down with her clothes on for a moment (star watching, perhaps), got up, and then gone into the tank.

Honestly, there is zero evidence to back up the film's claims. It was well-done, but that's the truth. There was no evidence at all of rape or physical assault at all. EL had no marks on her body whatsoever.

The video being "doctored" where one minute is removed is a moot point. If police were covering for someone, they wouldn't have released the video at all. Or they simply wouldn't have released any more of the video after EL immediately leaves the area; they didn't have to release the part where the elevator doors closed, for example. Why they did release that part at all is the question -- a good question at that -- but could also have an innocent explanation.

EL had pressed the elevator hold button; and also, there are censors on elevators (usually) that will automatically hold the doors once movement is detected. So the fact one minute was "elapsed" or "omitted" makes sense in that, the elevator hold button most likely would hold for one minute, if the censors on the elevator weren't being triggered (which they were when EL kept entering/exiting/waving her arms; but were not once she left the area completely). So the police most likely just decided to omit the space in the video in order to shorten it up, because absolutely nothing happened in that time (the minute) that was omitted.

^ Someone in that link posits that she was stuck in the other world, and that's why the doors remained open. That's incorrect. The doors stayed open, because EL herself pushed the door hold button, which is the last button in the middle row of buttons. She most likely didn't realize she pushed this button.

I doubt she was playing this game.

I believe she was murdered by some hotel employee or someone who knew an employee. Someone super familiar with the hotel maybe someone who lived there. I know they say they didn't find prints but maybe whoever put her in the tank was wearing gloves. In my opinion someone killed her and put both her body and clothes in the tank to get rid of any evidence. The fact that she went there alone also tells me she probably went to meet someone perhaps an internet friend. It's a shame they didn't look into this harder IMO..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duffy411
Back