Theories: Who and Why?

Sheza will be right back, she was on her way to panhandle down at the 1-40 over pass..once she reaches her quota she will be more than happy to answer your questions.

I would think IF the OSBI did suspect any family members they would not announce it, perhaps say just the opposite, LE's would want them to feel they are cleared. In other cases they don't announce it's family unless they have already fled or have enough evidence for an arrest.
As far as "why would a family member have reason to murder" what kind of reason could ANYONE have to murder two young girls.
It happens...and it happened.
When this horrific murders happened I did not feel it was family, it's been four months and nobody has talked, I've been around both families and.....
I've changed my mind. Most locals have thought this from day one.
I don't have the statistics but child murders are often family/broken families or someone very close to the family or a sex offender.
I do hope I am wrong!!

I sure hope I am not rankling anyone's feathers here. That certainly isn't my intentions and I respect everyone of you and your opinions as well but for the life of me I can't buy that it was done by someone inside the Placker family or for that matter why it had to be the Placker family instead of the Whitaker family even if it were to turn out to be true. If we go on degrees of violence then murdering someone sure ranks at the top such as Ed Gordon, Skyla's brother, who did just that.

I don't think OSBIs unsolved cases are any different than other States. A lot of crimes are never solved nationwide. The last stat that I looked at said a little over 60% of cases are solved.

I do realize how gossip travels like fire in small towns as it is carried from one to the other. It happens right in my small community too when we have murder cases that aren't solved. When there is an arrest usually the gossip was no where near the truth.

I try to look at this case logically and without emotions (which is extremely hard to do sometimes) but for it to be a Placker they would have to be so smart that everything just fell in place perfectly. No connecting them to the crime in any manner. The forensic evidence showing no connection, their alibis when validated proved to be substantiated. No one ever knowing that a Placker member had a Gloch and a small caliber weapon. And the Sheriff in the neighboring county said his office was being used to give polygraphs. It is only logical imo especially for those that were at the scene that day that they be the first to take one. Yet all the Plackers were supposed to have passed. I just don't see the Plackers as being all knowing about how to prevent any detection at all to themselves.

LE doesn't ever rule anyone out unless they have proven they can be to LEs satisfaction. If they were suspects they would not come out and tell the public misinformation, stating they weren't and then having to reverse themselves by stating they were wrong. But they would say they could not be ruled out or their old stand by of "we are not ruling anyone out".

Again I do believe the girls knew the killers by seeing them around or maybe occasionally talking to them. Maybe the girls saw teenagers doing something they weren't supposed to be doing. I certainly do believe they are locals.

While murders can happen among families I can't remember one where the child was killed along side of a dirt road and left there for anyone to see, within site of their own driveway. Mothers and fathers usually hide the child's body and it is found later buried or they call LE pretending the child died in their home accidentally trying to cover up the murder.

Imo, these murders were totally senseless by two diabolical killers determined to commit evil because of the gender and vulnerability of two children. I think they both had picked Skyla and Taylor as their targets. Two was better than one imo. I think they have secretly laughed at all the notoriety this case has gotten and they gloat knowing no one has a clue yet who they are.

I just don't see the Plackers as some type of masterminds who could plan and carry out the perfect murder.

I also don't see anything wrong with the Plackers not talking about the crimes. Sometimes people have pushed all of their pain and suffering inside and it is just too painful to talk about.

imoo

Weleetka may not be a thriving community, as far as having alot of business there, but I know there is quite a few wealthy farmers in that area... along with the fact that most of the community drives outside the community to work. It isnt a poverty ridden community. It's like anywhere else... it has all sorts of people.. some with money, some without... some extremely educated, some not. It's just a town, with all kinds of people. I wish people would realize this.

Besides... these murders DIDNT happen in Weleetka. The media used the rural route address and titled the location Weleetka, and it has stuck.
The closest community is Bryant.

I have thought about that but why would they wait three years and we know all about the links to OKC so it is only logical that LE knows and much more.

Maybe something new came up that triggered or reignited old conflicts.

What if the girls sneaked out during the night to roam around and possibly smoke or meet up with some guys after they were told "NO" and then when Peter Placker woke up and found out they were gone, he became furious and went looking for them?

I keep thinking they were gone from the house longer than stated by LE.

I know the answer is right before our noses. Why can't we figure this out?

What if the girls sneaked out during the night to roam around and possibly smoke or meet up with some guys after they were told "NO" and then when Peter Placker woke up and found out they were gone, he became furious and went looking for them?

I keep thinking they were gone from the house longer than stated by LE.

I know the answer is right before our noses. Why can't we figure this out?

YellowDog, I agree, the time line is probably very wrong.

Could V. & P. have been out looking for the girls when Rose called them?
Let's not forget the girls had not eaten in over 10-12 hours.

I have thought about that but why would they wait three years and we know

all about the links to OKC so it is only logical that LE knows and much more.....

OceanB...Maybe it took 3 years for the killer to be released from prison.

I will say once again..I still think it has ties to OKC and the past...

OceanB...Maybe it took 3 years for the killer to be released from prison.

Are you saying that one of the Plackers testified in a case against one of their family members or someone else they knew? Then don't you think OSBI would be aware of that? If they had enough guts to testify then they certainly would tell OSBI that this may be the persons or person who did this to these girls. It just doesn't make sense imo that they were willing to go against someone and then not rat them out pronto when it came to making sure LE was aware of those people. I truly believe more than anything in this world the immediate Placker family wants to know who did this and why.

I guess I just don't find the move to Weleetka suspicious because my county is one of the fastest growing counties in Georgia as more and more people are leaving the crime ridden big cities and heading for a more sedate rural area in which to raise their families.

In cases where it has family overtones and possible personal links to it is much easier to solve than someone who really had no attachment in any intimate fashion with the victim or their families.

Someone besides the Plackers would have to be aware of it. Things are only a secret if only one person knows something and no other person does. With them interviewing over 500 people that would have long been learned if it existed imo.

imoo

Was the Placker move to Weleetka (just jerking your chain Frog), I mean Weleetka area, around the same time lovely Nita was having her problems?

The pain in the grandmother's voice on that 911 tape, IMO, is not faked

Haunting. I listened to it only one time. I couldn't take it. I could feel her every anguished moment...it was gut wrenching.

imoo

Haunting. I listened to it only one time. I couldn't take it. I could feel her every anguished moment...it was gut wrenching.

imoo
Same here, Ocean... I listened to it at work (BIG mistake)... I told my family about it, and when they listened to it there wasn't a dry eye in the room. Simply heartbreaking.

Ocean~
I tend to agree w/ the things you posted. I believe that it will come down to DNA. IT can take up to 3 - 4 years for DNA to be submitted into the CODIS network. I think that in it's "simplest form" we will find out this was an abduction gone wrong. I think the POI was in the area for illegal reasons, saw the girls, (maybe knew who they were because of family acquaintances) attempted to lure them into the truck, the girls rebuffed him maybe in a rude way, he got ticked, rage kicked in and it was over in a matter of moments. My "hobby" has recently been reading and studying criminal profiling. It is in NO way an exact science. But, those that are knowledgeable can make a lot of sense out of a crime scene, victimology, and profiling the offender. There has been a lot of profiling evidence left by this "perp". I believe it is only a matter of time (maybe years) before the individual or individuals are apprehended and brought to justice.

As always, this is just my opinion.

imoo

I do not believe that woman would cover for anyone involved...if she knew I don't think she could bear it.

Ocean~
I tend to agree w/ the things you posted. I believe that it will come down to DNA. IT can take up to 3 - 4 years for DNA to be submitted into the CODIS network. I think that in it's "simplest form" we will find out this was an abduction gone wrong. I think the POI was in the area for illegal reasons, saw the girls, (maybe knew who they were because of family acquaintances) attempted to lure them into the truck, the girls rebuffed him maybe in a rude way, he got ticked, rage kicked in and it was over in a matter of moments. My "hobby" has recently been reading and studying criminal profiling. It is in NO way an exact science. But, those that are knowledgeable can make a lot of sense out of a crime scene, victimology, and profiling the offender. There has been a lot of profiling evidence left by this "perp". I believe it is only a matter of time (maybe years) before the individual or individuals are apprehended and brought to justice.

As always, this is just my opinion.

Hi Flossie, nice to see you tonight.

You certainly could be correct. DNA testing is constantly changing. What couldn't be ascertained just a few short years ago now can. It used to take a pretty good sample to retrieve a full DNA profile but now they can do so even through a few skin rads left behind by the perpetrators.

CODIS is also becoming faster and better each year. More and more law enforcement agencies in the nation are submitting DNA profiles as well as fingerprints and are getting matches. Some of which are very old unsolved cases.

I do not know if the United States is using the new testing method that Britain is using on retrieving fingerprints from bullet casings but if not it will eventually arrive here just like it did when the Brits started using DNA to identify a perpetrator.

So I do have hope and nothing ever stays the same forever. There is no limitations on murder and even though it is hard sometimes the wheels of justice turns slowly but it does get there.

I just hate knowing that these families have no answers and with no answers comes no peace. They know nothing will ever bring back Taylor or Skyla but they still yearn for justice to be done imo and each day to us must seem like a lifetime to them.

imoo

Hi Flossie, nice to see you tonight.

You certainly could be correct. DNA testing is constantly changing. What couldn't be ascertained just a few short years ago now can. It used to take a pretty good sample to retrieve a full DNA profile but now they can do so even through a few skin rads left behind by the perpetrators.

CODIS is also becoming faster and better each year. More and more law enforcement agencies in the nation are submitting DNA profiles as well as fingerprints and are getting matches. Some of which are very old unsolved cases.

I do not know if the United States is using the new testing method that Britain is using on retrieving fingerprints from bullet casings but if not it will eventually arrive here just like it did when the Brits started using DNA to identify a perpetrator.

So I do have hope and nothing ever stays the same forever. There is no limitations on murder and even though it is hard sometimes the wheels of justice turns slowly but it does get there.

I just hate knowing that these families have no answers and with no answers comes no peace. They know nothing will ever bring back Taylor or Skyla but they still yearn for justice to be done imo and each day to us must seem like a lifetime to them.

imoo

Ocean, good posts. If LE/OSBI did have some kind of DNA or fingerprint match as part of any evidence gathered to date (4 mos after the crime), would charges have been filed already, or not necessarily?

In my opinion, I think there is at least one or a couple of young people (teens) who may not have been directly involved, but either saw something that day or have information that could help solve this crime. And for one reason or another, either they have some kind of misplaced loyalty to eachother (them against the cops), they are afraid, they got in some trouble in the past, etc., they are not coming forward and telling what they know.

YellowDog, I agree, the time line is probably very wrong.

Could V. & P. have been out looking for the girls when Rose called them?
Let's not forget the girls had not eaten in over 10-12 hours.

Yes, they could have been gone for hours. Having no food in their stomachs has always seemed strange to me, too.

the girls having not eaten for so long sends up red flares to me..... considering pre-teen's metabolism, even if they had a "grand slam" breakfast, it's odd they wouldn't have snacked on cookies, fruit or something! .....i have tried scenerios like an upset that caused them to leave the house & "hide out" for hours but so far, nothing works for me.... it just cannot be reconciled with what we know.

having said that, i cannot believe V & P are guilty of anything but trying to provide a loving, stable home for their grand-daughter that her birth-parents were unable or unwilling to do. if the killings were more than random violence, i don't think it was aimed at V & P.

i hope & pray OSBI has the missing links & a much better understanding of this case than we have.

Some of you, who are worried that the girls had not eaten or had not been fed, may be interested in knowing this. Depending on the food eaten, the food may have left the stomach within about 4 hours, depending on whether the food was mostly made up of carbohydrates (toast, sandwiches, crackers, cereal, etc) or fats and protein, (steak, hamburger, most hotdogs etc). Saliva in our mouths, begins the digestion process. Carbohydrates begin to digest in the mouth, and break down into sugars much faster than protein. Protein may sit in the stomach longer. I found this information at http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080514152112AAcs3gd

If you google the question, "how long does it take food to leave the stomach" you will find several websites that talk about it, but the answer is "generally 3-4 hours, depending on the content of carbohydrates and/or proteins and fats". http://http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=60783

So.......... now, I dont think the girls were not eating. They could have filled up on alot of things that could and would have left their stomachs since lunch, or even since a snack afterwards.
=) Do you all feel better now?
I'm not meaning to sound smartie... just wanted to help soothe some minds.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT1510
Back