Theories: Who and Why?

Some of you, who are worried that the girls had not eaten or had not been fed, may be interested in knowing this. Depending on the food eaten, the food may have left the stomach within about 4 hours, depending on whether the food was mostly made up of carbohydrates (toast, sandwiches, crackers, cereal, etc) or fats and protein, (steak, hamburger, most hotdogs etc). Saliva in our mouths, begins the digestion process. Carbohydrates begin to digest in the mouth, and break down into sugars much faster than protein. Protein may sit in the stomach longer. I found this information at http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080514152112AAcs3gd

If you google the question, "how long does it take food to leave the stomach" you will find several websites that talk about it, but the answer is "generally 3-4 hours, depending on the content of carbohydrates and/or proteins and fats". http://http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=60783

So.......... now, I dont think the girls were not eating. They could have filled up on alot of things that could and would have left their stomachs since lunch, or even since a snack afterwards.
=) Do you all feel better now?
I'm not meaning to sound smartie... just wanted to help soothe some minds.

...as usual :) . Thank you for this informative post Frog!

Some of you, who are worried that the girls had not eaten or had not been fed, may be interested in knowing this. Depending on the food eaten, the food may have left the stomach within about 4 hours, depending on whether the food was mostly made up of carbohydrates (toast, sandwiches, crackers, cereal, etc) or fats and protein, (steak, hamburger, most hotdogs etc). Saliva in our mouths, begins the digestion process. Carbohydrates begin to digest in the mouth, and break down into sugars much faster than protein. Protein may sit in the stomach longer. I found this information at http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080514152112AAcs3gd

If you google the question, "how long does it take food to leave the stomach" you will find several websites that talk about it, but the answer is "generally 3-4 hours, depending on the content of carbohydrates and/or proteins and fats". http://http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=60783

So.......... now, I don't think the girls were not eating. They could have filled up on alot of things that could and would have left their stomachs since lunch, or even since a snack afterwards.
I'm not meaning to sound smartie... just wanted to help soothe some minds.

Thank you, frog. I knew this was the case but didn't have a link to back it up. I am not so savvy when it comes to internet searches. I guess I don't know how to put the keywords up but I am trying to improve. lol

Thank you again for this important information.

imoo

So.......... now, I dont think the girls were not eating. They could have filled up on alot of things that could and would have left their stomachs since lunch, or even since a snack afterwards.
I'm not meaning to sound smartie... just wanted to help soothe some minds......

Frog...You are partially correct, imo, ASSUMING the girls had eaten 4 hours earlier, there would have been food in the small intestine, did you forget/overlook the small intestine was empty also?....if there had been food in the stomach or small intestine the coroner could have tested what they had eaten and when...

If I remember correctly, here's where the 10 hours without food came from.

QUOTE: Water and waste.
By the time the peanut butter and jelly sandwich has completed its 20-foot- long, TEN-HOUR journey through the small intestines, most of the nutrients have been absorbed.

The leftovers enter the final five feet of the journey, called the large intestine, or colon. Little digestion occurs in the colon, since it has few villi and low levels of intestinal enzymes. Food processing in the colon is often described as the calm after the storm. Yet the colon is not just a passive waste collector and eliminator. It plays an active and important role in the health and well-being of the whole body, accounting for the phrase, "Your body is only as healthy as your colon."....:too much info:...jmo

the girls having not eaten for so long sends up red flares to me..... considering pre-teen's metabolism, even if they had a "grand slam" breakfast, it's odd they wouldn't have snacked on cookies, fruit or something! .....i have tried scenerios like an upset that caused them to leave the house & "hide out" for hours but so far, nothing works for me.... it just cannot be reconciled with what we know.

having said that, i cannot believe V & P are guilty of anything but trying to provide a loving, stable home for their grand-daughter that her birth-parents were unable or unwilling to do. if the killings were more than random violence, i don't think it was aimed at V & P.

i hope & pray OSBI has the missing links & a much better understanding of this case than we have.

Although... considering body images in young girls now ... it wouldn't surprise me if they chose not to eat....

Although... considering body images in young girls now ... it wouldn't surprise me if they chose not to eat....
IMO I doubt that.

Sklya was noted on the autopsy as being somewhat underweight. She may have been a picky eater or just naturally slim as many kids are.

Taylor on the other hand was noted as well nourished, as we can see from her photos.

Frog...You are partially correct, imo, ASSUMING the girls had eaten 4 hours earlier, there would have been food in the small intestine, did you forget/overlook the small intestine was empty also?....if there had been food in the stomach or small intestine the coroner could have tested what they had eaten and when...

If I remember correctly, here's where the 10 hours without food came from.

QUOTE: Water and waste.
By the time the peanut butter and jelly sandwich has completed its 20-foot- long, TEN-HOUR journey through the small intestines, most of the nutrients have been absorbed. (do you mind sharing where this came from? I would like to go back and look at it)

The leftovers enter the final five feet of the journey, called the large intestine, or colon. Little digestion occurs in the colon, since it has few villi and low levels of intestinal enzymes. Food processing in the colon is often described as the calm after the storm. Yet the colon is not just a passive waste collector and eliminator. It plays an active and important role in the health and well-being of the whole body, accounting for the phrase, "Your body is only as healthy as your colon."....:too much info:...jmo

Re: the above bolded and underlined text:

Lets~
To be perfectly honest, no... I did not look at the autopsies to see if there was any food in their intestines. It's just my nature to try to soothe when people are upset about something, so I researched the comments about no food in the stomachs. So, anyway, I since then went to the autopsy thread.
After going over the autopsies, this is what I found...

clipped from
Skyla Whitaker autopsy
GI Tract:
The stomach is otherwise
unremarkable and contains a scanty amount of pinkish mucoid material with no food. The duodenum,
itself, is patent, shows an unremarkable mucosa and no evidence of acute or chronic ulceration. Jejunum and ileum are unremarkable and contain soft brown fecal material.

(part of the small intestine, see link)
http://home.comcast.net/~WNOR/jejunumileum.htm

clipped from
Taylor Dawn Paschal
G.I. TRACT:

Jejunum and ileum are

unremarkable other than two separate perforations by gunshot wound with focal regional hemorrhages.

I notice there is no mention of food in the small intestines of Taylor... however, there is no mention that there is no food, although, as in Skyla's autopsy, it says no food in the stomach. I am wondering if this is something the person who wrote the autopsy failed to add. I have noticed that there is a lot of differences in the way these two autopsies were written up. So once again, I would still tend to believe these girls had eaten.
Taylor was a little larger.. more filled out, and 13 years of age. Maybe she was trying to be careful not to get overweight. You know how little girls start thinking at this age, starting to be conscious of the way they look... how boys may see them... dieting, hair, nails...all that stuff.

I just dont feel like the girls were without something to eat. I am understanding that there was a fair amount of kids and family around alot of the time, and I would imagine there was probably always something to snack on or eat. It appears that Peter and Vickie both worked and provided for their children. If the children hadn't eaten, I would tend to believe it was due to their own choice, not because they had no food. But as always, this is JMO
~fRoG

lol... by the time I got that researched and posted, I saw others had posted too. Thanks!

Ps... I thought the TMI smiley was cute!

IMO I doubt that.

Sklya was noted on the autopsy as being somewhat underweight. She may have been a picky eater or just naturally slim as many kids are.

Taylor on the other hand was noted as well nourished, as we can see from her photos.
I agree. I was not a picky eater, but could not gain weight growing up no matter what I ate. My metabolism was such that I burned it off walking across the room. Still, I was rarely hungry even if I didn't eat. My body simply didn't require it. I remember many times going all day then at night before bed realizing I had not eaten a thing! I was too busy to stop and wasn't home for mom to make me eat.

Frog....Here is the link to the question you ask me in 'pink', about where I got the info. on food taking 10 hours to go through the small intestine.
Scroll down until you see the heading: Waste and Water

http://www.askdrsears.com/html/4/T042000.asp

I am not implying the girls were starved or not well cared for by their parents..

The only reason the empty stomachs are mentioned is to question if the empty stomachs have ANYTHING to do with what was going on that entire Sunday with the girls...
I'm not assuming they were on a diet or both were picky eaters, every detail pertaining to that day is important and should be considered when a case is unsolved.

the girls empty stomachs a fact, that 'fact' should not be overlooked/or discounted in this brutal murder case, until the case is solved.

yes, I can understand what you are saying, Letsthink. Everything IS important.

I agree. I was not a picky eater, but could not gain weight growing up no matter what I ate. My metabolism was such that I burned it off walking across the room. Still, I was rarely hungry even if I didn't eat. My body simply didn't require it. I remember many times going all day then at night before bed realizing I had not eaten a thing! I was too busy to stop and wasn't home for mom to make me eat.

I was that way growing up and I still am the same way now.

When my hubby calls me during the day he reminds me I need to eat something because I have never been a big eater and can go all day long without being hungry. I also have a high metabolism rate.

But whether I eat or not I still don't gain or lose.

imo

Frog....Here is the link to the question you ask me in 'pink', about where I got the info. on food taking 10 hours to go through the small intestine.
Scroll down until you see the heading: Waste and Water

http://www.askdrsears.com/html/4/T042000.asp

I am not implying the girls were starved or not well cared for by their parents..

The only reason the empty stomachs are mentioned is to question if the empty stomachs have ANYTHING to do with what was going on that entire Sunday with the girls...
I'm not assuming they were on a diet or both were picky eaters, every detail pertaining to that day is important and should be considered when a case is unsolved.

the girls empty stomachs a fact, that 'fact' should not be overlooked/or discounted in this brutal murder case, until the case is solved.

I actually thought that perhaps Taylor may have decided to go on a diet now that she was getting older and she thought walking to the bridge and back was good exercise in order to lose weight too.

Do we know anything about Taylor's bio parents? I remember seeing where some of the family had ties to some motorcycle gangs. I read a book once about a undercover cop that infiltrated the Hells Angles, these guys are scary and ruthless and I think they would have done something like this and with their links to organized crime would have the means to get away with it, maybe a payback to them for something, I also think little Skyla was in the wrong place at the wrong time. IMO

I've even thought of the possibility that some gang members came into that sparsely populated area to dispose of a body and the girls saw them and so they had to dispose of the girls to avoid detection. If they had killed someone in a drug related transaction, the person could have been from a completely different part of the state and killed miles from that area. If that scenario proved to be true, I would still think it was someone familiar with the area who had perhaps been there to visit people and remembered it as a good place to dump a body.

It could have even been someone who was trying to pin it on someone from that area.

Do we know anything about Taylor's bio parents?

I remember seeing where some of the family had ties to some motorcycle gangs.

I read a book once about a undercover cop that infiltrated the Hells Angles, these guys are scary and ruthless and I think they would have done something like this and with

their links to organized crime would have the means to get away with it, maybe a payback to them for something, I also think little Skyla was in the wrong place at the wrong time..... IMO
Poodle,
Why the secret about who's T's bio-parents ?

Could they be in the 'witness protection program' or members of a motorcycle gang or possibly in prison? ? even IF they are, why the secret??

where are both parents? Why are both parents a secret, why not just one?

Were they at T's funeral? IF not, it must be something really 'mind blowing'....:doh:..jmo

Poodle,

Could they be in the 'witness protection program' or members of a motorcycle gang or possibly in prison? ? even IF they are, why the secret??

Were they at T's funeral? IF not, it must be something really 'mind blowing'....:doh:..jmo

I've often wondered why it is such a big secret myself. She carried the legal name of Paschal.... so I tend to believe she may be related some how to Vickie's side of the family.
Does anyone know when Vickie and Peter met and married or became commonlaw married? Does anyone know where Vickie lived prior to meeting Peter, or prior to OKC?

Does anyone yet know who the guy is in the video of Taylor's funeral. The one some said had an angry look? These questions keep coming to my mind. This case is so difficult because of so many secrets kept.

Didnt OSBI first state that Placker's were home that day, and that is why we were in awe that they didnt hear the shots? Now later, it sounds like they werent! Just too many things that dont add up right. Too many things that aren't answered that should be simple to answer without effecting the case. I wish I knew someone who knew.

Poodle,

We sure would like to know :) but I don't think it has anything to do with the murders of the girls.

It really is a private matter and out of respect for Taylor who was always been raised by Vicki and Peter, calling them mother and daddy, I think that is the reason why it has never been released. I would guess one of the parents is a child of Vicki and Peter.

Even Agent Rosser calls Pete Placker Taylor's father.

But IMO OSBI does know who the real parents are and have investigated that and found no link to the crime.

imoo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT1510
Back