Thread Display: Posts Per Page?

I also block all signatures. If I can load 50-100 posts per time it is more efficient for me. ButbI guess that is not the consideration. I cant tell you how often past few days I've just given up since now only 25 per page. Oh well. Can't win 'em all. Back to facebook/twitter on my kindle.

BBM:
One of my beefs is the dysfunctional 'thanks' button. When you have to refresh to get the button to function, it generates new ads at the top. That creates an untold amount of revenue in and of itself as well as when just the refresh button is used to see more posts. I liked WS better before the ads took over. Some of the ads are obnoxious.
This is just my own opinion.
I have the signatures disabled. I would love to be able to disable the animated avatars and so forth as well. They are distracting, IMO.

MOO

I don't see any animated avatars. I don't see avatars anymore, nor signatures. Turned that off long ago. Can you not turn that off?

Give me an example of one that you see and I'll let you know if I have that as an issue for me. Perhaps I don't see due to I don't allow adobe flash to load automatically. I have to allow adobe flash on a case by case basis to see. I miss my 200 posts per page. And I'm with others... I'm not logging in as much these days and just doing it through tapatalk on my phone most often now vs. computer. Tapatalk at least allows me 50 posts per page, and no ads or avatars or signatures. It is just the raw information and posts.

Wish I had Tapatalk for my computer and not just my phone. lol.

I have AT&T broadband and my internet is usually very fast. Now there is a lag in my page loading when the ads are animated.

**atthelake, I cannot remember which avatars are animated. I roam around WS every day and see some animated avatars as I read. I like to see poster's avatars, just not the animated ones. I have tried to turn all animations off but am no longer able to. Thanks.

I have AT&T broadband and my internet is usually very fast. Now there is a lag in my page loading when the ads are animated.

**atthelake, I cannot remember which avatars are animated. I roam around WS every day and see some animated avatars as I read. I like to see poster's avatars, just not the animated ones. I have tried to turn all animations off but am no longer able to. Thanks.

I also like to see avatars; makes it easier to see who is replying. Would be nice if we could turn animations off vs sigs or avatars.

Hi Everyone,

When Dave told me about the issue with the number of pages displayed I am the one who gave the go ahead. Do not blame him. Blame me. I didn't realize it would be a big problem for some of you.
I should have warned everyone first. I am very sorry I didn't. I hope you will accept my sincere apology.

We have to made decisions about what is best for the member as opposed to what is best for actually running of the board.

What's best for the members always wins unless it is to the detriment of the whole forum. We can't please everyone but I swear we do try.

There are still issues to be worked out since the last upgrade. We are doing our best to get those fixed as well.

I am very grateful that Dave is open to discussion with the members, is always looking after what is best for the members, and is taking care of the server. It is a wonderful feeling knowing
Dave can be called on a moment's notice to fix a problem.

Thank you for your comments. Dave and I will be talking over the weekend about this and other issues.

Take Care,
Tricia

I forgot one more thing.

Since the upgrade the ad free people are no longer ad free. I have no idea why. Everything looks perfect in the settings.

This happened over the summer after the upgrade, before Dave came on board, and for whatever reason was not fixed.

At that time I offered anyone who paid for ad free a refund. That offer still stands. Just PM me or email triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com

Everyone over 100 posts is suppose to be ad free but it's not working. Again, this was done over the summer and we are looking into this issue as well and hopefully
we will have this fixed in the near future.

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

:blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: Tricia and others for getting us back to the ability of 200 posts per page and coming back to post at our favorite posting place!

:tyou: :tyou: :tyou:

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

:blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: Tricia and others for getting us back to the ability of 200 posts per page and coming back to post at our favorite posting place!

:tyou: :tyou: :tyou:

I'm on my cell; going into CP to look is a PITA; is it back?

I'm on my cell; going into CP to look is a PITA; is it back?
No, just checked. But... we're back to 50 posts/page vs. forum default of 25, so that's progress. I'd still prefer 100-200posts/page.

BIG :tyou: Tricia - I'm back to 200 posts per page!!

:happydance: :loveyou: :happydance:

I can see all #52 posts on this thread so far listed in one page, so it appears I am over 50 posts per page as well. I will check to see if I have more in another post. Thank you very much for the attention and consideration and changing this feature!

50 per page for me. Looked in the CP before; was the highest option I had. Better then 25!

50 max allowed in my settings.... maybe it will catch up? I can handle 50 nicely, tho. thanks!

Great stuff back to 100 posts. Thanks Dave and Tricia. It's great to be in a forum that is willing to respond to the members.

I wonder if your max is dependent on if you are electing to see signatures or not. Sometimes those signatures take up quite a bit of room. I can imagine that could change a display count per page. Perhaps people who have the don't see signature option selected can display 100 with those having signatures visible selected in their settings seeing a max of 50.

Nope. I have had signatures disabled for a long time and still only have the option of default and 50.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonFly57
Back