Time of Death: Rigor Mortis etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Sami,

Now I wonder this! LOL She was found at 1:30 in the afternoon. Because of what she was wearing { ETA: and the food in her stomach} many at CTV think her TOD was closer to midnight or at the latest 2am. That would mean she lay there not being moved for 12 hours.

If what you say is true about the 8 hour span of time, she would have to have died around 5:30 in the morning at the latest, right?

ya know what would be nice?...wish an 'insider' could tell us MY's routine, as far as how early she would wake up in the mornings....i guess it IS possible that MY was an early riser...was up at 5 am; had gotten dressed, grabbed a piece of toast & was THEN killed....that just doesn't fit though for some reason....

i'm like RC...don't know enough (well, i know nothing) about rigor & all that jazz, to even really comment...read a bit about it late last night, & it only confused me more :crazy:

i'm TRYING to think simple....& when i do that, i come up with MY being killed around midnight...MAYBE even as late as what i had first thought (betw 1 & 3 am)....but closer to midnight....she hadn't gotten ready for bed yet...her having no socks or shoes on doesn't bother me though...i walk barefoot in the house all the time..always have..occasionally when it's cold i'll put a pair of socks on, but as a rule, i don't....i think MY was piddling about the house, maybe getting ready for the next morning, after her friend left...who knows?...washing a load of clothes; anything.....she may have been in the bedroom, & had just sat on the bed to take her socks off, when she was attacked....so many scenarios....

Samiya said:
Ahhhhh....There You Is :)

Wonder if the battery went dead in the phone. It was awfully busy by the sounds of it, lol.

Sami
Since he had two - I'm thinking one might have been a floor mount which charges if the phone is in the cradle - the other could have charged normally on the cig lighter with a dc adapter.

I hope that the phones were very busy - nothing like drawing a road map for LE of his traveled routes. Timing of transfer from tower to tower could also identify areas where he may have stopped along the way. JMO but I think there were a few stops that had nothing to do with real "work related business".

We have heard the rumor that JY supposedly called MY twice on the morning of the 3rd - does anyone else wonder why Cassidy didn't answer the phone. She would have been alone, looking for band aids, any kind of help - don't you think she would have answered the phone just to talk to someone ? She was surely jabbering up Meredith.

raisincharlie said:
Since he had two - I'm thinking one might have been a floor mount which charges if the phone is in the cradle - the other could have charged normally on the cig lighter with a dc adapter.

I hope that the phones were very busy - nothing like drawing a road map for LE of his traveled routes. Timing of transfer from tower to tower could also identify areas where he may have stopped along the way. JMO but I think there were a few stops that had nothing to do with real "work related business".

We have heard the rumor that JY supposedly called MY twice on the morning of the 3rd - does anyone else wonder why Cassidy didn't answer the phone. She would have been alone, looking for band aids, any kind of help - don't you think she would have answered the phone just to talk to someone ? She was surely jabbering up Meredith.

good point....Cassidy was 2 1/2....she see's mommy & daddy on the phone, knows it rings, see's them answer it....(sighs) i don't know that she'd know the button to push or not....she may have tried, if there were calls early that morning, bless her heart:(

I must have missed something, but why do you think the flashlight (or something else) is in Duffield? That is very close to me - I didn't realize how close until now.

happy2bn10ec said:
I must have missed something, but why do you think the flashlight (or something else) is in Duffield? That is very close to me - I didn't realize how close until now.

I think he might be saying that because he believes JY went to Duffield and he threw it out along with anything else to do with the murder. So what are you doing this weekend, Happy? :D

jilly said:
I think he might be saying that because he believes JY went to Duffield and he threw it out along with anything else to do with the murder. So what are you doing this weekend, Happy? :D
I'm all for a road trip if I knew where I was going and what I was looking for!
And I don't have to wait for the weekend - I can go tomorrow. It's only about an hour away.

happy2bn10ec said:
Hello Happy,

Duffield - let me preface this by saying there was a gas receipt dated 11/3 from a Get it Market confiscated from JY's SUV. We all went searching and found a Get it Market in Duffield and another in Big Stone Gap. A source confirmed through the manager of the Get it Market in Duffield that LE did look at video from that store and JY was there on 11/3.

I am of the opinion that JY did not have a business meeting in Duffield - there is nothing there for Chart One - there is no logical reason for JY to be there if he had a meeting in Blacksburg or Roanoke - no reason to pass through on the way to Brevard from either of those places.

From the people mag article - it was referenced that JY hiked the Appalachian Trail and sure enough that trail runs very close to Duffield and the natural tunnel area down to Damascus. IMO JY had a familiarity with the area from his hiking - pictures of the area show it to be extremely hilly and wood covered. Lots of places to dispose of things IMO that might not be found in this lifetime. JMO.

happy2bn10ec said:
I'm all for a road trip if I knew where I was going and what I was looking for!
And I don't have to wait for the weekend - I can go tomorrow. It's only about an hour away.

lol....if i were up there with you, we could go on a 'mission' :cool: .....i know you're close up there at the VA line, but it just never 'clicked' HOW close you are, girl!!!

scandi said:
Thanks Sami,

Now I wonder this! LOL She was found at 1:30 in the afternoon. Because of what she was wearing { ETA: and the food in her stomach} many at CTV think her TOD was closer to midnight or at the latest 2am. That would mean she lay there not being moved for 12 hours.

If what you say is true about the 8 hour span of time, she would have to have died around 5:30 in the morning at the latest, right?

The ME that was on the scene that Friday afternoon has a good idea on the TOD. The rectal temp, amount or rigor and livor would clue him to a time frame other than 12am - 6 am per LE.

If you split the difference, 3 am gives 3 hour prior and 3 hours after for the public to recall seeing suspicious cars or activity.

Barney Fife said:
The ME that was on the scene that Friday afternoon has a good idea on the TOD. The rectal temp, amount or rigor and livor would clue him to a time frame other than 12am - 6 am per LE.

If you split the difference, 3 am gives 3 hour prior and 3 hours after for the public to recall seeing suspicious cars or activity.

hmmm, i see what you mean....

close_enough said:
lol....if i were up there with you, we could go on a 'mission' :cool: .....i know you're close up there at the VA line, but it just never 'clicked' HOW close you are, girl!!!
Yes, close, we are right there! Close to Duffield, VA and also close to Brevard going the other way. Oldest son is going to Bryson City next weekend; rented a cabin with the new g/f (I hope they are not going to get a wild hair and get married...:eek: ) and it is right next door to Brevard. In fact, it just about has to be the same town where JY worked previously. That's about all there is over there - that river and the accompanying businesses. And anyway, I THINK me and hubby are taking off that same weekend for our anniversary trip to the same area. We just ain't gonna tell #1 son, so he won't follow us! We will be about an hour away from them in Asheville. Maybe...haven't decided for sure yet. This the big TENTH so we gotta do something!

(I am hoping I am on the O/T thread - I can't remember which one I am on now...)

If they don't close this one up soon - you should plan a road trip and we'll go checking around. We'll do a daily blog to keep everyone updated on our investigation...yeah...

happy2bn10ec said:
Yes, close, we are right there! Close to Duffield, VA and also close to Brevard going the other way. Oldest son is going to Bryson City next weekend; rented a cabin with the new g/f (I hope they are not going to get a wild hair and get married...:eek: ) and it is right next door to Brevard. In fact, it just about has to be the same town where JY worked previously. That's about all there is over there - that river and the accompanying businesses. And anyway, I THINK me and hubby are taking off that same weekend for our anniversary trip to the same area. We just ain't gonna tell #1 son, so he won't follow us! We will be about an hour away from them in Asheville. Maybe...haven't decided for sure yet. This the big TENTH so we gotta do something!

(I am hoping I am on the O/T thread - I can't remember which one I am on now...)

If they don't close this one up soon - you should plan a road trip and we'll go checking around. We'll do a daily blog to keep everyone updated on our investigation...yeah...

can't you just picture us tooling around in your cool car, investigating, taking pictures etc.... :cool:

close_enough said:
can't you just picture us tooling around in your cool car, investigating, taking pictures etc.... :cool:
Oh yes, I've already got it all figured out - we'll wear sunglasses, those really great big ones, and trench coats and hats.:cool: (We bad...) And take all kinds of technical looking equipment (camera, video camera, audio recorders, etc.) Dylan has a bunch of spy gadgets he might let me "rent"! Hey, I have a girlfriend in Knoxville who just got her PI license - I'll see if she can come along. She knows all kinds of stuff that will be useful to us. And...she likes those margaritas, like me! I know, not for you, but we'll fix you up, too!

happy2bn10ec said:
Oh yes, I've already got it all figured out - we'll wear sunglasses, those really great big ones, and trench coats and hats.:cool: (We bad...) And take all kinds of technical looking equipment (camera, video camera, audio recorders, etc.) Dylan has a bunch of spy gadgets he might let me "rent"! Hey, I have a girlfriend in Knoxville who just got her PI license - I'll see if she can come along. She knows all kinds of stuff that will be useful to us. And...she likes those margaritas, like me! I know, not for you, but we'll fix you up, too!

LOL....sounds like a plan! (thumbs up)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member