AMBER ALERT TN - Autistic teen Sebastian Wayne Drake Rogers, 15, missing in Hendersonville - Feb 27, 2024 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing I can think of, and it's pretty far-fetched, is if they made Sebastian disappear by handing him over to someone. But if that were the case, I don't see the point in reporting him missing. They could just tell neighbors that he went to live with his dad, or something.

But then Seth would know he was gone, so they'd have to explain his absence somehow. Hence the missing story.

It really makes no sense though.

My thinking is along these lines, but that his disappearance is temporary? And have him returned at some point… sounds crazy.
Shannon Matthew’s case springs to mind.

Life insurance? Reward money? Seth is hurting deeply. Revenge?

The positive would be that is that Sebastian is alive.

Someone up thread (can’t remember who posted it) suggested the possibility this could be a hoax. My mind keeps going back to this theory.

CP&KP’s actions and interviews responses don’t seem to gel with a vulnerable missing child. But are they involved in potentially Sebastian’s death and concealment?? I don’t know. Wouldn’t KP would be an absolute wreck if that were the case, no matter what the circumstances are? Although IMO she at times appears medicated.

However. If KP believes someone has him (she did offer this to NG) and taking this
further, if they know he is alive, these behaviors (strange interviews) and actions (going out for meals, not actively search, leaving town etc etc) would fit into the hoax theory for me.

Now to what end would a hoax be beneficial???

Does anyone know if/when the state offers rewards for missing children ?
Rudy Farias comes to mind.

If I had stumbled upon that Nancy Grace interview without reading any previous case information I would have thought that KP was being held captive by CP. Her flat line answers without any emotion. Yes mam, no mam. She seemed completely controlled and for a second I thought Nancy was going to ask her about it.
Just some thoughts.

But the control factor doesn’t really tie in with him being away from home most of the month.

Unless of course the 3 hour marathon phone calls between the two of them are every night.

But the control factor doesn’t really tie in with him being away from home most of the month.

Unless of course the 3 hour marathon phone calls between the two of them are every night.
Was just pointing out what I thought about her demeanor in that video.

It sounded to me like SR and KP had a blast of a weekend. Shopping, sampling the snacks at the big warehouse stores, bowling, and dinner out.

IMO it would align perfectly with him being so strict with Sebastian. CP (MOO) abusing him physically isn't in any way, shape or form incompatible with him also abusing his wife, and hence her demeanor. This could also come with some nasty jealousy that could make him think that if KP isn't on the phone with him while he's away, she's probably cheating, so that would explain both the hours long call the night before and her calling him immediately whenever she notices Sebastian isn't where he's supposed to be, and him being the manly man (or just paranoid jealous) he is decided to call the cops himself.

About the drive, I have a family member who used to have to get on the road to work and they drove like crazy to get to places quickly. I'm talking about cutting a 4-hour long trip down to 2 1/2 hours, max. So it's possible he came back home in the middle of the night, IMO.

Was just pointing out what I thought about her demeanor in that video.

It sounded to me like SR and KP had a blast of a weekend. Shopping, sampling the snacks at the big warehouse stores, bowling, and dinner out.

Yes he is definitely the dominant one. Ever apparent in how he discusses disciplining poor Sebastian, almost sounds proud of his way of doling out punishments

It would be interesting to know their normal phone call pattern. Frequency, duration, timing etc.

Life insurance is usually taken out on someone who is a provider for the family in a way that losing them would jeopardize the family financially, so it doesn't make sense in this case.
Not necessarily. Life insurance is taken out in larger amounts on the family providers so that the surviving provider has funds to help cover living expenses. However, life insurance should be taken out on each family member in such an amount it will cover that persons burial expenses should something happens to them, and the family isn’t depending on donations for these services. I don’t think it unusual at all to have a modest life insurance policy on a child. However a large policy on a child should raise red flags.

Agree with this. Does anyone know if they’re asking for donations of any sort?
Seth’s sister started a acct shortly after Sebastian went missing. It is the slowest growing acct I’ve seen in a long time. I didn’t know if it was ok to post it here or not.

I saw a $3,500.00 reward posted on one of the missing posters.

He called the sheriffs department directly. He said because he knew that he would be routed through different agencies, he called them directly to get them out there faster.

ETA: this was according to him in the NG interview.
Thanks for that!

I have to wonder why he thought calling Hendersonville's non-emergency line would be any quicker. They'd still have to transfer it to dispatch. Plus, unless he knew the non-emergency number off the top of his head, he'd have to look it up on his phone first.

I wonder if Dispatch could pinpoint CP's location since the call came through the non-emergency number.

But didn't he say they both called? That it was a three way call. I have to go back to the NG interview...
Yes. KP (with CP on the phone) was driving around the neighborhood getting more frantic by the moment so CP made a 3 way call directly to their local sheriff to avoid having the call rerouted from a call center. KP said she was not able to talk by this time and let CP do the talking.

I have not understood why ppl find it so suss that CP placed the call directly to the sheriff. I personally don’t have that number at hand, but since he knows the call would be rerouted anyway, doesn’t it make sense that he would want the call put through as quickly as possible?

Thanks for that!

I have to wonder why he thought calling Hendersonville's non-emergency line would be any quicker. They'd still have to transfer it to dispatch. Plus, unless he knew the non-emergency number off the top of his head, he'd have to look it up on his phone first.

I wonder if Dispatch could pinpoint CP's location since the call came through the non-emergency number.
It’s not totally out of the question that he would know it. I know our local non emergency number. But I don’t think he said non emergency line, he said he called sheriffs office directly, which I believe is a separate number.

It’s not totally out of the question that he would know it. I know our local non emergency number. But I don’t think he said non emergency line, he said he called sheriffs office directly, which I believe is a separate number.
I know my sheriff's office dispatch/non-emergency line as well.

My thought here is, isn't the bio-dad an employee of the sheriff's office? Maybe CP knew he'd get a fast response by calling them? MOO

HENDERSONVILLE, Tenn. (WSMV) – The mother and stepfather of Sebastian Rogers, the missing Sumner County teen, told TV news reporter Nancy Grace they have left their home for work amid the search for the missing 15-year-old.

Katie and Chris Proudfoot appeared on the show, posted to YouTube March 25, and were questioned by Grace about the night of Sebastian’s disappearance. The teenager has been missing since Feb. 26.

Updated: 1 hour ago

Yes. KP (with CP on the phone) was driving around the neighborhood getting more frantic by the moment so CP made a 3 way call directly to their local sheriff to avoid having the call rerouted from a call center. KP said she was not able to talk by this time and let CP do the talking.

I have not understood why ppl find it so suss that CP placed the call directly to the sheriff. I personally don’t have that number at hand, but since he knows the call would be rerouted anyway, doesn’t it make sense that he would want the call put through as quickly as possible?
BBM
This is what I find worrisome. Hysterical or not, she was the one that was home and would have the details. It seems he does a lot of the talking for her.

About the drive, I have a family member who used to have to get on the road to work and they drove like crazy to get to places quickly. I'm talking about cutting a 4-hour long trip down to 2 1/2 hours, max. So it's possible he came back home in the middle of the night, IMO.
That is exactly what I was trying to determine since CP was very adamant that it was 3hrs37 minutes doorstep to doorstep in the NG interview. He had it down to the minute. I found that troubling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea