AMBER ALERT TN - Autistic teen Sebastian Wayne Drake Rogers, 15, missing in Hendersonville - Feb 27, 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Katie called her husband, Chris Proudfoot, Sebastian's stepfather, who was in Memphis for work, then dialed 911. She said she told police all of his shoes were still at home and the front door was locked when he vanished, WZTV reports
*I can’t find anything about a three way call, unless it was misinterpreted.

How do you know he didn't serve?
I think he has a military/service background precisely due to the language used. Wouldn't shock me one bit. JMO
Fair enough, he may have. He struck me more as the adopting-the-posture type than the out-of-habit-because-he’s-a-vet-or-former-LE type, but that could easily be due to bias on my part because nothing’s adding up. MOO.

Katie called her husband, Chris Proudfoot, Sebastian's stepfather, who was in Memphis for work, then dialed 911. She said she told police all of his shoes were still at home and the front door was locked when he vanished, WZTV reports
Link to videoed interview with parents-

It was said in this video interview I shared yesterday from facebook

I believe it was in one of the recorded interviews they did for the local news, right now I'm only finding a social media interview with just their hands (??) where they make the statement it was a three-way call. I'll see if I can't find a better link that isn't Facebook related, or if you have access to Facebook you can search it as well. Hope that helps!

How do you know he didn't serve?
I think he has a military/service background precisely due to the language used. Wouldn't shock me one bit. JMO
I agree Eli, his demeanor reminds me of the military members I've encountered, imo, just a very hooah vibe, just me. I work in aviation who have also given off a similar vibe. Imo.

Edit: I also spent my childhood around military members and a good bit of it was in Tennessee, so maybe it's just me. Lol.

Last edited:
Officials are maintaining a "planned response" in case there are any reported sightings of the missing teen.

"It's pretty simple, this boy has a very large family that everybody is asking the question, where are you, we love you, and please come home," stepfather Chris Proudfoot said

But despite the rallying cry, as hundreds of community members gather and pray for the 15-year-old the family calls "Bubba," officials have been unable to find any trace of Sebastian in the days since his disappearance

I believe it was in one of the recorded interviews they did for the local news, right now I'm only finding a social media interview with just their hands (??) where they make the statement it was a three-way call. I'll see if I can't find a better link that isn't Facebook related, or if you have access to Facebook you can search it as well. Hope that helps!

Here's the in-person interview but I don't know if the 3way is mentioned.

March 5, 2024

It always raises a red flag for me when non-LE/non-military people try to posture/speak/behave as if they are LE or military. Maybe it’s because they seem like they’re trying to usurp the presumption of authority and trustworthiness that many people imbue in those figures without actually earning any of it.

JMO, but that behavior is a silent alarm.
If it’s fair for LE/military to speak a certain way, why wouldn’t it be fair for a random civilian to speak that way?

I agree his language is similar to how LE speaks, but as far as I can tell, he’s not doing anything to mislead anyone about if he is in LE/the military. I don’t think there is enough to suggest he’s posturing. For all we know, he grew up in a LE family, or he learned English from watching Law & Order, or he just likes being direct and precise.

If it’s fair for LE/military to speak a certain way, why wouldn’t it be fair for a random civilian to speak that way?

I agree his language is similar to how LE speaks, but as far as I can tell, he’s not doing anything to mislead anyone about if he is in LE/the military. I don’t think there is enough to suggest he’s posturing. For all we know, he grew up in a LE family, or he learned English from watching Law & Order, or he just likes being direct and precise.
Well, I actually don’t think it’s fair game for LE/military to use certain tones and postures outside the workplace scenarios in which they’re called for, so it’s also a bit of a red flag for me when I see someone from an LE or military background going into on if those “modes,” as it were, when uncalled for. (Disclosure: Lot of LE and military—and a couple MPs—in my family/friend groups. My inclinations are surely to do with my narrow personal sample.)

But in CP’s case it seems like we’ve got a Navy vet going into it perhaps to cope or because he’s looking for control in an out-of-control situation—so. Nothing to see here on that front, I think. JMO.

Here's the in-person interview but I don't know if the 3way is mentioned.

March 5, 2024

Quoted from the article
"Katie says she called her husband Chris Proudfoot, Sebastian’s stepfather. Chris says he was in Memphis for work, and they immediately called the police."

I agree Eli, his demeanor reminds me of the military members I've encountered, imo, just a very hooah vibe, just me. I work in aviation who have also given off a similar vibe. Imo.

Edit: I also spent my childhood around military members and a good bit of it was in Tennessee, so maybe it's just me. Lol.
Genuinely curious how this is relevant.

Well, I actually don’t think it’s fair game for LE/military to use certain tones and postures outside the workplace scenarios in which they’re called for, so it’s also a bit of a red flag for me when I see someone from an LE or military background going into on if those “modes,” as it were, when uncalled for. (Disclosure: Lot of LE and military—and a couple MPs—in my family/friend groups. My inclinations are surely to do with my narrow personal sample.)

But in CP’s case it seems like we’ve got a Navy vet going into it perhaps to cope or because he’s looking for control in an out-of-control situation—so. Nothing to see here on that front, I think. JMO.
Do you have an military experience...either first or 2nd hand?

Genuinely curious how this is relevant.
I could be wrong, but I don't think it's so much a matter of "relevance" as it expresses something feeling off but not quite knowing what it is. MOO

That's the feeling I'm getting, too, and there does seem to be a bruskness of sorts that comes from CP in the interviews, despite the context of his words. People are picking up on that, but I can't say whether it relates to military experience or not since I have family members who are military but none adopt that sort of tone.

For me, and this is all just MOO, I'm picking up an underlying "my way or the highway" tone from CP, just under the surface. It makes me uncomfortable.

I'm not accusing CP of anything, but if LE asks for video confirmation of SR's whereabouts before he supposedly disappeared, everyone is still a suspect.

I wish they'd get some solid leads, in this case, that point in one direction or another because social media is strongly accusing the parents (especially after the landfill search) while there's still an active Amber Alert. It's like look over here, no wait, look over there...

The police stated they went to the landfill where Sebastian's neighborhood trash is taken "as a precautionary measure." If they'd obtained DNA evidence that instigated the landfill search, the parents would probably have a lawyer.

Even though there's an investigation, I'm not sure it's become a criminal one. But, why did they change the Endangered Child Alert to an Amber Alert on Feb 27th after SR disappearing either Sunday the 25th, after midnight, through Monday the 26th before 6am?

It's likely Sebastian decided to go outside and look at the stars or something and wandered off. Sebastian may not like to wear shoes but he's fond of a flashlight.

The police stated they went to the landfill where Sebastian's neighborhood trash is taken "as a precautionary measure." If they'd obtained DNA evidence that instigated the landfill search, the parents would probably have a lawyer.

Even though there's an investigation, I'm not sure it's become a criminal one. But, why did they change the Endangered Child Alert to an Amber Alert on Feb 27th after SR disappearing either Sunday the 25th, after midnight, through Monday the 26th before 6am?

It's likely Sebastian decided to go outside and look at the stars or something and wandered off. Sebastian may not like to wear shoes but he's fond of a flashlight.
My understanding for the change to an Amber alert was due to incoming bad weather and SR lacking his medications. But I also remember reading LE using the phrase 'after additional investigative information'. JMO

LE had stated openly that they were shifting toward a “criminal investigation”. I would have to go back and find the sources.
I’m wondering now, though, because they keep changing their perspective.

LE had stated openly that they were shifting toward a “criminal investigation”. I would have to go back and find the sources.
I’m wondering now, though, because they keep changing their perspective.
Yep. IIRC they said they were considering foul play/ could become a criminal investigation. But if you find a link that would be helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussieKel