TN TN - Chadwick Carr 32, @ home in Oliver Springs area, phone disconnected, Anderson Co, 2 May 2021

CastlesBurning

Reaction score
Eight years of Dateline's Missing in America: 169 still missing

chadwick_carr_cropped.png

Chadwick Carr, 32, disappeared from his residence in the Oliver Springs area of Anderson County, Tennessee, on May 2, 2021. The Knox County, Tennessee native had been living in the area for several months, but kept in contact nearly every day with his mother and his sister, who live in Knoxville. His sister Whitney told Dateline she spoke to Chad on the phone the night before he disappeared. She said at first everything seemed fine, but then at some point when he set the phone down to light a cigarette, she heard talking and then the line disconnected. Whitney said she tried calling back, but he never answered. The next morning, Chad failed to show up for an early morning meeting and never went to work. Whitney said the family became even more concerned when Chad's cell phone, wallet, van keys and a single flip flop were found left behind at his residence. In May, Anderson County Detective Darrell Slater released a video statement and said they had exhausted all efforts in Anderson and Knox counties, that there were many tips in the beginning, but they haven’t led anywhere. There have been no updates since. Detective Slater encourages anyone with information to call the police. Chad is described as being 5’9” tall and weighs about 230 lbs. He was last seen wearing black shorts, a black tank top and tan flip flops. Anyone with information on Chad's whereabouts is asked to call the Anderson County dispatch at 865-457-2414.

Clinton family renews effort to find missing man | WATE 6 On Your Side

Search continues for Tennessee man who disappeared without a trace in early May

Knoxville Police searching for missing 32-year-old man

Chad is still missing. Many of his loved ones continue asking for help to find him. They've started a private FB group (JUSTICE4CHAD) as well as a public FB mission (Justice4Chad). They're desperate for answers.

Chaddilac Carr - Apr 2021
Chad Carr - 2020 *Others have been tagging Chad in posts.*

About Justice4Chad Mission:
A very special person, Chadwick Carr, 32 went missing May 2, 2021 from a halfway house The Foundation 1105 Dutch Valley Rd Clinton TN. Vanished no leads and we all know people don't disappear someone knows something, several people! we want ANSWERS!

DEC 5, 2022
Chadwick Carr

Chadwick Carr disappeared from his residence in the Oliver Springs area of Anderson County, Tennessee, on May 2, 2021. The 32-year-old Knox County, Tennessee native had been living in the area for several months, but kept in contact nearly every day with his mother and his sister, who live in Knoxville. Chad’s sister Whitney told Dateline she spoke to her brother on the phone the night before he disappeared. She said at first everything seemed fine, but then at some point when he set the phone down to light a cigarette, she heard talking and then the line disconnected. Whitney said she tried calling back, but Chad never answered. The next morning, he failed to show up for an early morning meeting and never went to work. Whitney said the family became even more concerned when Chad's cell phone, wallet, van keys and a single flip flop were found left behind at his residence. In 2021, Anderson County Detective Darrell Slater released a video statement saying his office had exhausted all efforts in Anderson and Knox counties, and that while there were many tips in the beginning, they hadn’t led anywhere. There have been no updates since. Chad is described as being 5’9” and weighs about 230 lbs. He was last seen wearing black shorts, a black tank top and tan flip flops. Detective Slater encourages anyone with information to call Anderson County dispatch at 865-457-2414.

Last edited:
Published: 6:07 PM EDT March 28, 2023 WBIR

CLINTON, Tenn. — Family members reported 32-year-old Chadwick (Chad) Carr missing almost two years ago. The circumstances surrounding his disappearance are troubling to Chad's loved ones. Authorities have generated a few leads in his missing person case. They also said need the public's help to move forward.

Chadwick is just one of 690 people who are unaccounted for in the state of Tennessee. His family joins almost 700 others who have no idea whether their loved one is alive or dead.

APR 24, 2023
Nearly two years after Chadwick “Chad” Carr went missing, a teen honored him in her prom photos.

[...]

Hill said Chad Carr always showed up for big events in her life.

“He actually took me to the father-daughter dance because my daddy couldn’t make it, he had to work, so he stepped in and he took me and it was just amazing, that was one of the best nights of my life. Knowing that he was there to do that for me and take me, that was one of the last memories I had with him so that meant something very big to me,” Hill said.

Chad Carr disappeared in May 2021 and was reportedly last seen near N. Central Street and Morelia Avenue. He was an Anderson County resident but was known to frequent Knoxville.

Carr’s sister, Whitney Williams said there have been no leads in the case.

[...]

NOV 3, 2023
NBC News - 10 YEARS OF MISSING IN AMERICA
[...]

Chad’s sister Whitney told Dateline she spoke to her brother on the phone the night before he disappeared. She said at first everything seemed fine, but then at some point when he set the phone down to light a cigarette, she heard talking and then the line disconnected. Whitney said she tried calling back, but Chad never answered. The next morning, he failed to show up for an early morning meeting and never went to work. Whitney said the family became even more concerned when Chad's cell phone, wallet, van keys and a single flip flop were found behind at his residence. In 2021, Anderson County Detective Darrell Slater released a video statement saying his office had exhausted all efforts in Anderson and Knox counties, and that while there were many tips in the beginning, they hadn’t led anywhere. There have been no updates since. ...

[...]

Thursday will mark three years since he was reported missing. The Anderson County Sheriff’s Office is investigating his disappearance. There have been little to no updates in the case.

It was a dead end two weeks after he went missing, which was three years ago, so we’ve hit a dead end since then and nothing has changed since,” Williams (his sister) said.

“Chad keeps you going. His spirit, you know, I keep that alive. Hoping that he’ll walk through this door or I’ll get a phone call saying it’s him or law enforcement will bring him to me, just anything,” Carr’s mom said.

The family asks anyone with any information that could lead to locating Carr to come forward. Reports can be made to Anderson County dispatch at 865-457-2414.

Chadwick William D. Carr
chad1.jpgchad2.jpgchad3.jpgchad4.jpgchad5.jpg
Carr, circa 2021; Carr's tattoos

Missing Since 05/02/2021
Missing From Clinton, Tennessee
Classification Missing
Sex Male
Race Black
Date of Birth 08/05/1988 (35)
Age 32 years old
Height and Weight 5'9, 230 pounds
Clothing/Jewelry Description A black tank top, black shorts and tan flip-flops.
Distinguishing Characteristics African-American male. Black hair, black eyes. Carr's nickname is Chad. He has tattooed sleeves on both arms, and a tattoo on his chest; photos of the tattoos are posted with this case summary.

Details of Disappearance
Carr was last seen at The Foundation, a halfway house for recovering addicts where he was staying for 90 days, in the 1100 block of Dutch Valley Road in Clinton, Tennessee on May 1, 2021. He was in the front yard that night, talking to his sister on the phone. He set the phone down to light a cigarette, and his sister heard him speaking to someone else, then the call disconnected. She tried to call him back, but he didn't answer.

The next day, Carr didn't show up for work. He left behind his wallet and keys inside The Foundation and his cellular phone and a single flip-flop were left in the yard outside. His van was also parked there. He has never been heard from again.

At the time of his disappearance, Carr was known to frequent Knoxville, Tennessee. He may have been sighted there near North Central Street and Morelia Avenue in the days after his disappearance. His family stated he had been involved with drugs but had turned his life around after enrolling in the recovery program. The Foundation had helped him get a new job and with his earnings he saved up enough money to buy his van.

His case remains unsolved.

Last updated April 30, 2024; casefile added.

Cases where someone disappears while on the phone are so scary to me. I wonder if his home was in a rural area? Doorbell cams from neighbors, etc? Sounds like he could have stepped outside and came across someone up to something nefarious and they took him in a vehicle.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oiueroiuweoiruoiwueroiuwe
Back