Found Safe TN - Daphne Westbrook, 16, & dog, Chattanooga, kidnapped, 6 Oct 2019 *endangered*

The following is a message to Daphne from her mother, Rhona Lynn, on the 'Finding Daphne' page - 05/12/2020. It sounds promising in that mom seems to think that her daughter is 'OK.'
JMO, I'm hoping that Daphne will surface next May when she turns 18.

Daphne Westbrook is turning 17 May 23, 2020 and wherever she is, whoever she is with I want her to know the following:

1. I am fiercely proud of my daughter Daphne Westbrook
2. I believe that she is okay because she’s intelligent, resourceful, independent and strong.
3. I still go to extraordinary measures to keep my phone charged and with me 24/7 so that if/when she needs ANYTHING I can help – 423-653-1978
4. I believe that if I could see things from her perspective, I’d probably do exactly as she does. I hold no resentment, anger or judgement whatsoever.
5. When she is ready to reach out to me, I will not force her to do ANYTHING she does not wish to do. Instead, I will listen.
6. I don’t sit home feeling sorry for myself because I don’t know where she is. Jason and I are choosing to be happy and live our lives knowing in our hearts that this is what she’d want. We both know she never intended to hurt us and we don’t want her to feel guilt or sadness because of us. Being a teenage girl with divorced parents who are polar opposite is rough enough without that added stress.
7. I hope that this 17th birthday is wonderful for my daughter and I hope that somehow this message finds her.
Finding Daphne

9 Oct 2020
Live Rescue | MISSING: Daphne Westbrook
Please help us, National Center for Missing & Exploited Children, Angeline Hartmann bring Daphne Westbrook home safely. If you have any information, please call 1-800-843-5678.

Hmmmm. Why did Dad not have joint custody? I hope Daphne and her dog are safe.

Dad has the skills to stay under the radar electronically but someone has to get food, living quarters, etc. Who is hiding them and assisting? Any covert organizations like religious or militia that he has been linked to in the past?

In November 2020, Daphne was seen in the Denver area, and just last month, John Westbrook spent several weeks in the Pueblo, Colorado area, according to authorities.

Last month, Daphne’s Bible was found in a trash can outside Trader Joe’s on West Cordova Road in Santa Fe, New Mexico.

John Westbrook is an IT expert specializing in security, block chain technology, and bitcoin and is communicating in a way that’s almost "impossible to trace", according to authorities.

KIdnapped Tennessee teen seen in Colorado | 9news.com

MAR 2, 2021
MISSING PERSON: Missing Tennessee teen may be in Colorado (kdvr.com)
[...]

John Westbrook- Hamilton County DA’s Office

[...]

Westbrook has been indicted and charged with the aggravated kidnapping of his daughter, Daphne.

The district attorney’s office said Daphne is being held against her will, unable to communicate with the outside world. According to the Tennessee investigation, Daphne is endangered both physically and mentally.

Hamilton County, TN DA’s Office (Strawberry)

[...]

The Hamilton County District Attorney’s Office said Westbrook occasionally takes Daphne to ride horses and is asking for the horsing community to be alert.

The Colorado Bureau of Investigation has been involved with the search for Daphne.

[...]

MAR 2, 2021
Missing Tennessee Teen Daphne Westbrook May Be In New Mexico: Believed To Be Held In Santa Fe – Los Alamos Reporter
126238892_2104954959640601_2072738893955898131_o.jpg
20201207-publichearingwr-wrrf-ladp.jpg

A Tennessee man charged with kidnapping is suspected of holding his 17-year old daughter in Santa Fe.

[...]

Last month, Daphne’s Bible was found in a trash can outside Trader Joe’s on West Cordova Road. Other investigative leads show her dad is frequently shopping in Santa Fe stores.

[...]

We believe Westbrook does occasionally take Daphne to ride horses so we appeal to the New Mexico horsing community to be alert.

[...]

I was thinking about Daphne the other day.
She turns 18 years old in a few months...May 23, 2021.

It was very difficult for Daphne with the divorce and a new stepfather in the picture.

Daphne's mother wrote an open letter to her daughter on Daphne's 17th birthday (May 23, 2020) which included the following:

"I believe that if I could see things from her perspective, I’d probably do exactly as she does. I hold no resentment, anger or judgement whatsoever. When she is ready to reach out to me, I will not force her to do ANYTHING she does not wish to do. Instead, I will listen.
I don’t sit home feeling sorry for myself because I don’t know where she is. Jason and I are choosing to be happy and live our lives knowing in our hearts that this is what she’d want. We both know she never intended to hurt us and we don’t want her to feel guilt or sadness because of us. Being a teenage girl with divorced parents who are polar opposite is rough enough without that added stress."

Now that the mother and stepfather have convinced the Hamilton County DA to indict Daphne's father on aggravated kidnapping charges a few months before her 18th birthday, I fear that the relationship between Daphne and her mother may be irrevocably damaged.

I was pretty certain that Daphne would contact her mother as soon as she turned 18 but I find that doubtful now.
This is tragic.

MOO.

MAR 4, 2021
Missing Tennessee teen may be in Seattle area (kiro7.com)
[...]

The police have learned he spent the first weeks of this year in Santa Fe, New Mexico and only three weeks ago he moved to Colorado Springs, Colorado. This case was heavily publicized in the Denver area, and police believe he may attempt to seek shelter with a family member.

His sister, KWM, lives in the Auburn area and works at Auburn Adventist Academy. Police confirm the sister is in frequent contact with her brother, but she refuses to cooperate with the ongoing investigation. The U.S. Marshals Service says she has also repeatedly refused interview requests.

Police believe the suspect and Daphne may have altered their appearances, including the use of hair dye and false teeth.

[...]

I was thinking about Daphne the other day.
She turns 18 years old in a few months...May 23, 2021.

It was very difficult for Daphne with the divorce and a new stepfather in the picture.

Daphne's mother wrote an open letter to her daughter on Daphne's 17th birthday (May 23, 2020) which included the following:

"I believe that if I could see things from her perspective, I’d probably do exactly as she does. I hold no resentment, anger or judgement whatsoever. When she is ready to reach out to me, I will not force her to do ANYTHING she does not wish to do. Instead, I will listen.
I don’t sit home feeling sorry for myself because I don’t know where she is. Jason and I are choosing to be happy and live our lives knowing in our hearts that this is what she’d want. We both know she never intended to hurt us and we don’t want her to feel guilt or sadness because of us. Being a teenage girl with divorced parents who are polar opposite is rough enough without that added stress."

Now that the mother and stepfather have convinced the Hamilton County DA to indict Daphne's father on aggravated kidnapping charges a few months before her 18th birthday, I fear that the relationship between Daphne and her mother may be irrevocably damaged.

I was pretty certain that Daphne would contact her mother as soon as she turned 18 but I find that doubtful now.
This is tragic.

MOO.

BBM
A new stepfather raises questions to me.
Her father also raises some questions too.
Sometimes there are two or three sides to the story. I hope she stays safe wherever she is.

This looks like a rehash of old news.
MAR 3, 2021

Mother of a 17-year-old kidnapped by father in Chattanooga speaks out

BBM
A new stepfather raises questions to me.
Her father also raises some questions too.
Sometimes there are two or three sides to the story. I hope she stays safe wherever she is.

This looks like a rehash of old news.
MAR 3, 2021

Mother of a 17-year-old kidnapped by father in Chattanooga speaks out
Thanks for the link, watcher. Some of the information from the Hamilton County DA is new to me.
  1. “Through witness testimony, she’s constantly being given drugs and alcohol that keeps her in an altered state,” Pinkston said.
  2. “He’s used approximately ten alias since he’s left so he’s very adept in hiding his location identity and hers as well,” Pinkston said.
  3. In November 2020, Daphne was seen in the Denver area, and in February, John Westbrook spent weeks in Pueblo, Colorado.
  4. The Bible found in the Santa Fe NM dumpster was given to Daphne by her grandparents for her 16th birthday.
  5. They believe that Daphne's appearance could be altered after finding that her father purchased hair dye and false teeth recently.

After seeing this missing person post on my Yahoo! feed, I started to do some sleuthing. Mainly because I couldn't find anything more than the normal copy and paste found on most of the articles about Daphne.

So here we go (All about her dad, John Oliver Westbrook):
- Twitter
John Westbrook (at least the picture on his twitter profile looks like him) went by @barefootpoetDEL on Twitter and he posted almost daily since July 2015, but it says "please follow me @beachbumdad instead" on that page.
- @beachbumdad has the name "Mark" on it, so... kinda confused . Last post he liked on @barefootpoetDEL was on May 15, 2017, last tweet on Aug. 23, 2016. He was following @BernieSanders and retweeted a lot of tweets from Sanders page. On Feb. 29, 2015 he posted a message of "I'm consolidating my twitter activity to my main account. The official "John Westbrook" account is @beachbumdad." @beachbumdad only had 4 total tweets and the last was on Aug. 26, 2017. Unfortunately, that looks like a dead end as "Mark" seems to be a completely different person as the Tweets are no where near the same as the ones on @barefootpoetDEL
- Tumblr
- The Twitter account @barefootpoetDEL did have a link to a tumblr account called Wordstumbling but the last post was on March 1, 2017. IMO, this guy posts like he has a lot on his mind. On Jan. 28, 2017 he did post that said, "dear rest of the world, sorry our system up and got us a sociopath for president."
- Seems to market himself as "Oliver"
- You can find a very dark spell in his poems starting 2016 and older.

- Youtube
- Youtube Channel, but everything is private.
- Patreon
- Linked to a Patreon Account but that's gone now​

Instagram is private
I found that he was homeschooled with his 2 sisters. He wrote a book called "Bare" in 2014 you can find it on Amazon. His family was/is Seventh-Day Adventist. His sister is a vice principal in Washington at an Adventist school. Paradise, CA was an important place to him. I found it strange that the number 27 came up a few times in his posts and his sisters posts. Has a brother who lives "in the wilderness.... near the Canadian border."

Daphne did a big trip with her dad back in July/August/Sept of 2015... we're talking 3,500+ miles of a trip.

- Steemit

About the mom Rhona Lynn Curtsinger
- Instagram
- the STRANGEST thing I've found is that she has only posted 7 times about her daughter being a missing person back-to-back-to-back, etc.: (1) Oct 8, 2019; (2) Oct 8, 2019; (3) Oct 9, 2019; (4) Oct 10, 2019; and (5) Oct 12, 2019; and (6) Dec 10, 2019; and (7) Dec 19, 2019. Since that time she's posted 156 more times and none have been exclusively about her daughter, but a lot of partying?​

You can also find the Instagram of Daphne as well. On Dec. 31, 2018 she posted a picture of herself on a plane and said "Made it back home CALI..."

Here is an image from Daphne's own IG account dated Feb. 24, 2019
BuSLn-Ng1cS

51316799_396818897747544_5965989108628541729_n.jpg

Last edited:
MAR 2, 2021
MISSING PERSON: Missing Tennessee teen may be in Colorado (kdvr.com)
[...]

John Westbrook- Hamilton County DA’s Office

[...]

Westbrook has been indicted and charged with the aggravated kidnapping of his daughter, Daphne.

The district attorney’s office said Daphne is being held against her will, unable to communicate with the outside world. According to the Tennessee investigation, Daphne is endangered both physically and mentally.

Hamilton County, TN DA’s Office (Strawberry)

[...]

The Hamilton County District Attorney’s Office said Westbrook occasionally takes Daphne to ride horses and is asking for the horsing community to be alert.

The Colorado Bureau of Investigation has been involved with the search for Daphne.

[...]

How do they know that she’s being held against her will and unable to communicate? Didn’t she leave voluntarily?

Dad was charged with kidnapping because he doesn't have custody and she's a minor. Therefore if he takes her anywhere he's not supposed to, it's legally kidnapping. Whether she wanted to go or not is irrelevant in the eyes of the law. Reading stuff about the family situation and how Daphne was taking having a new stepfather very hard makes me wonder if this is truly a case where she has no desire to be with her Dad.

The news article makes the Dad out to be this tech mastermind spy-esque guy who is scrambling communications to avoid detection. He just knows computers and can stay off the grid. I'm guessing his family members aren't helping LE because they support whatever his version of the story is. I have a feeling she's safe right now and he won't harm her - hoping I'm right. Lots more to be determined on this one.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btrfly0420
Back