Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher, 34, Abducted while jogging 4:30 am, forced into SUV, Central Ave near Univ of M, personal items found, Memphis 2 Sept 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking her car is very curious to me and I can only assume it’s directly related. I wonder if they are checking the car for evidence of an Apple Air Tag that was hidden on her car by someone. Maybe someone has been stalking her. Maybe the shears did not belong to the family but were found in the yard, further lending to the idea of someone in that house being watched. Imo
I'm wondering if they might think their landscape people could be involved.

WHY would they remove lawn shears from her home? I get the computer and a Jeep Grand Cherokee, they're looking for forensics to prove or disprove by lack of evidence. But LAWN SHEARS? Thoughts?

Police Towed a Vehicle & Removed Lawn Shears & a Computer From The Home of Richie & Eliza Fletcher​

The most recent MSM reports say police received two calls around 7:45 AM.

I think the confusion may have occurred when it was said the husband called authorities when his wife had not returned at 7. Perhaps Liza usually returns from her runs by 7 and when she hadn't, her husband became concerned. Maybe he ventured out to look for her but that hasn't been reported.
All we know is two calls came in around 7:45. I'm sticking with this timeline since its the one that has consistently been reported in MSM.

Liza Fletcher abduction: Timeline of the Memphis teacher's disappearance

As far as whether or not she had a fanny pack on while running (I know an older pic of her has her wearing one), I do not see any fanny pack strap in the back from this camera still shot of her running yesterday morning. I just see the blue/purple of her shorts. MOO

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-09-03 at 2.22.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-03 at 2.22.00 PM.png
    492.5 KB · Views: 7
WHY would they remove lawn shears from her home? I get the computer and a Jeep Grand Cherokee, they're looking for forensics to prove or disprove by lack of evidence. But LAWN SHEARS? Thoughts?

Police Towed a Vehicle & Removed Lawn Shears & a Computer From The Home of Richie & Eliza Fletcher​

They are probably removing anything that appears to be out of place.

Recent examples of women being abducted from college campuses:

Southeastern student abducted at gunpoint and sexually assaulted; suspect in custody, campus police say
https://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/crime/article258875953.html
Missing Utah college student Madelyn Allen found alive, 'covered in coal' in suspect's basement
POLICE: Student allegedly taken from Southern University, sexually assaulted in St. Gabriel

Posting to illustrate that there’s more possibilities than just "OMG HUSBAND DID IT" or some grand conspiracy surrounding her family’s wealth. Notice how in all these cases the perp is not known to the victim and it appears to be a crime of opportunity.

They are probably removing anything that appears to be out of place.
You want the computer to check communication, etc.

The vehicle tells you where it traveled in the days preceding this.

You'd take items that contained her DNA to develop a profile to compare against (probably what's in the bags).

So those things make perfect sense to me.

The shears don't though.

The shears have me stumped, too. It would make sense if there was a body or a crime scene, but there is not really either... so, why?

Is it possible that the abduction video shows her being forced into the car with something that looks like it could be shears? It's the only thing that I can think of that would make sense but it's a stretch.

This! I'm starting to follow this case. Lawn Shears are very strange. Could dogs have picked up something on them?

As far as whether or not she had a fanny pack on while running (I know an older pic of her has her wearing one), I do not see any fanny pack strap in the back from this camera still shot of her running yesterday morning. I just see the blue/purple of her shorts. MOO

Where might she hv carried her cell phone? Many runners do not carry them but opt for a wristband communication device.

Has MSM mentioned if she always runs alone? TIA

Could Law Enforcement have used the shears to cut open a lock or something? Because otherwise they seem out of place. Even the way they removed the shears from the residence wasn't consistent with them being evidence. The officer just carried them by the handles with his gloved hand.
He had the shears in one hand and a paper bag of evidence in the other and it didn't appear the paper bag was carrying a great deal of weight consistent with that of a computer.

Last edited:
If she was the sole member of the family into gardening - and the exterior of her home is exquisite - the lawn shears would be an excellent source for decent fingerprints that were almost positively hers. Rubber grips. I’m sure there are landscapers doing mowing, etc but I think about my own life and I do our front and side porch, rose bushes and container gardening, while the landscapers do the rest.

You want the computer to check communication, etc.

The vehicle tells you where it traveled in the days preceding this.

You'd take items that contained her DNA to develop a profile to compare against (probably what's in the bags).

So those things make perfect sense to me.

The shears don't though.
But if they are out of place of where someone would normally keep lawn shears (ie: the garage) that could be reason enough to tag and/or remove.

The most recent MSM reports say police received two calls around 7:45 AM.

I think the confusion may have occurred when it was said the husband called authorities when his wife had not returned at 7. Perhaps Liza usually returns from her runs by 7 and when she hadn't, her husband became concerned. Maybe he ventured out to look for her but that hasn't been reported.
All we know is two calls came in around 7:45. I'm sticking with this timeline since its the one that has consistently been reported in MSM.

Liza Fletcher abduction: Timeline of the Memphis teacher's disappearance
Yes, I agree, stick with LE's timeline until it's either been changed or stayed the same. I would think he would drive her route (since it was so well known, as reported) before calling LE. I would drive the route first, then if she hadn't been found or returned home, then call LE. But, that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592